Bishoujo games that'll make good anime?

None or almost, the multi-route aspect of erogees making them inappropriate for single-route stories.
Alas, anime studios kept not understanding that point, thus resulting in the awfulnesses we see in all erogee anime adaptations. Only anime which try to keep the multi-route aspect (such as Sentimental Journey or Kita-he Diamond Dust Drops) make passably enjoyable anime.

You certainly have a point here, but this also qualifies the games that are actually very much single-route as the probably best candidates.
Examples:

• Desire
  • EVE Burst Error
  • Chain - The lost footsteps
  • Gin Iro

Though I wonder whether we really would like to see the result if one of the typical anime-studios tries to adapt Gin Iro… ^^;;;;;

For Hentai OVA, the recent Black Cyc flagship titles of MinDeaD BlooD and Gore Screaming Show would make excellent anime. All they have to do, is stay with the canon storyline for them. The bad news is that the OVA would have to be more than 3 episodes long (the standard for such fare)… both have loooong stories that need to build momentum to be totally effective. Which might explain why there’s been no such thing for them. :frowning:

On the non-hentai TV anime front, assuming it will be 13 episodes long, my vote goes for twintopian twincest Futari de Hitotsu no Koigokoro from Giant Panda as a drama series (twincest arc of course) or Sabae no Ou from Lost Script as an action series (going with the obviously canon Ein arc).

[ 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

It’d break my heart to see it ill-adapted. OTOH, considering the mature aspects of its story, I don’t trust any anime company to do it right. T_T

I wanna add in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni as, although it’s based off a visual novel, it has that same multi-route aspect.

Because I don’t know either of the three examples so far, I have to ask whether they handle the multi-route in the same manner as the Memories-Off-animes: every route has its own episode?

[ 08-07-2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Here’s one: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. Oh wait, that’s not a Bishoujo game =D.

Brave Souls could work as a general audience anime removing the sex scenes and give the default ending since it’s not a necessarily bad one…and is what happens if you don’t get any of the girls. It would actually make it look more like there was a possibility of an ongoing storyline.

I would love to see a Desire, Eve or Divi-DEAD anime. Divi-DEAD does have multiple endings, but the route variations are subtle and could be easily done without losing the feeling of a multiple ending as other bushoujo games made to anime I’ve seen.Planetarian would make a good anime since it’s singular route.

It’s the multi-path ones that tend to have a default girl and the anime goes with that that I don’t think works well.

As much as I enjoyed it, Planetarian isn’t a game at all, but a pure novel, though.

I loved loved loved the original To Heart anime it continues to be my favorite anime of all time. :stuck_out_tongue: Off the top of my head I can’t really think of anything else, maybe Muvluv although there isn’t any good reason why.

More like every route had it’s own ‘episodes’, with an ‘s’. There are at 6 episode arcs in the first season of Higurashi, each dealing with the six different routes of the game as a whole.

I actually think that Crescendo, Kana -Little Sister- and the Hirameki game Day Of Love would all make great animes if they were done correctly.

The point is that experience tells that “done correctly” isn’t something anime companies are able to do, when it comes to erogee conversions. Even when the game director directs the anime making. :roll:
The biggest mistake is trying to merge all the different and sometimes even contradictory plotlines into one big plot, usually resulting in denaturing the essence of the story itself* and the characters’ personality.

• This is especially true with romance games, where the protagonist lives a love story with only one girl, and which are transformed into harem stories where every single girl falls for the protagonist!

[ 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

Btw, I should point out that a hentai game turned anime doesn’t necessarily have to be a hentai. Just look at Comic Party. Comic Party has the girls portrayed as simple friends of the male protagonist (ie. Kazuki) rather than girl friends. In fact, they don’t seem to share even a glimmer of attraction for him! They don’t fight over him or anything (at least from the 10 episodes I’ve seen).

I think what Comic Party touched on was that viewers simply want to see their favorite characters in hentai’s come to life, even if they aren’t doing sexual acts in the process. Even if the hentai has characters that are sexual predators, a good anime can turn their lust into something funny, which can help establish a unique personality for that character.

Cries over Comipa being called ‘hentai’

Eh? I think he’s using the term hentai in a broad universe sense… not the specific definition. Like how people intermix the term visual novel and dating sim.

Anyways…

Tsukihime is proof of how something so wonderful can go so terribly wrong via conversion. However bad-anime conversion isn’t just something b-games experience: there are tons of manga to anime suckage everywhere.

On the flip side, Sister Princess RePure and Futakoi Alternative are examples where the b-game to anime conversions went great. SisPri RePure kept the EXACT spirit of the source material, while Futakoi Alt kept the twincest is best nature over everything.

However the first Sister Princess and Futakoi anime were teh suxage… which I suppose means you only get a 50/50 chance at win? Then again both were aimed at a more “childish” age group than the second versions of them. :frowning:

[ 08-09-2007, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Well, to add to that, this is why some eroge based anime are good for a while, but start to fall apart near the end. Take the Shuffle! anime for example. It’s good, up till after the arc with Prim, but afterwards it no longer feels the same with it blending too many of the scenarios together. The same could be said with the Fate/Stay Night anime in it’s blending too many things from the other scenarios into what was basically Fate, but the anime was still enjoyable. The biggest examples are however the OVA anime versions of Phantom of Inferno (what did they do with Cal-sama?!?! ;.;)and Hourglass of Summer.
Linear story games I, like others, think would do better as anime. A perfect example is Utawarerumono as that was an awesome series. I myself would enjoy seeing a series made out of Chain, the EVE series, Divi Dead (Sachiko’s ending is the true ending anyway), and Desire.

Now don’t get me wrong, I would love to see some of my favorite games and favorite characters animated, but I’ll probably end up not liking it very much for several reasons. I could be dissatisfied with how the love (insert geometric shape) is resolved with how all but one girl gets rejected by the main character, I could end up not liking how the main character is being indecisive over which girl to go with while in the original that doesn’t happen, etc. It would be nice if a series were made for each girl’s scenario, but I doubt that will ever happen no matter how good the game is (and I doubt any company has that kind of money…well they probably do, but I doubt they’d be willing to spend that much)

Well, for the matter, the usage of “dating sim” makes me puke when the mixing of “visual novel” with “romance game” (when most are in fact AVGs) makes me cry the same. :wink:

It’s the normal rule for erogees, though.

Oh, and: “Tsukihime”? First “Sispri” anime? What are you talking about? There never were such things!! NEVER!

[ 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

Returning from the nether realm…(though still feels sleepy…)

Here’s two from us that could be made into good animes by them companies if not ourselves… :frowning:

And no.02: “Virgin Roster: Shukketsubo”
— Why again? 'cuz… The flow of the game mostly jumps from one prey(girl) to another. Thus, makes for a good(if not great) hentai. :smiley:

Of course… Tis are only our opinions…

BTW: There was a first “Sister Princess” anime… We’re certain of it… :cool:

That’s what non-fans of the franchise think. Fans of the franchise know there NEVER was.

[ 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]