Brave Soul: "And so it begins."

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
Heh...sounds like a game in there somewhere...

I can see it now. "Travel around Tokyo as you desperately try to complete your ultimate inflatable doll limited edition set..." Okay, then again, maybe I should stick with computers and not try and think of game story plots...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
I can see it now. "Travel around Tokyo as you desperately try to complete your ultimate inflatable doll limited edition set..." Okay, then again, maybe I should stick with computers and not try and think of game story plots...

Judging from the description of some b-games I've read reviews for, I think you'd better be careful who you bring that idea up around--someone might try to steal it.

Just to add to this BS thread, I just went through the first proofread on the manual for BS. Just to restate from what I said earlier, the BS manual will be in full color…although the manual design is currently still very dull…I am bugging the person who did the manual to spice things up a little bit and take full advantage of color printing…

Manuals are kool and good and all… but so long as the game gets released with it… all that i care about is having a game that wont cause fires in my apartment… everything else dont matter after waiting for this title…

In hopes that this doesnt kill the forum… i would like to state that i was being somewhat sarcastic… with that being said, Keep up the good work and damnit i want my manual to be in photo quality… i want to be able to enlarge it 5000000 times, and not a see a single pixel…

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 07-12-2003).]

Just a lil question… will there be a demo of the game?

I’ve been having odd dreams involving me and my good friend Marine… I need to feed some how…

quote:
Originally posted by H2ODemon:
Just a lil question... will there be a demo of the game? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I've been having odd dreams involving me and my good friend Marine... I need to feed some how... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

You could get the original Japanese demo off Ladyphoenix's web site.

Direct link to the demo is here:

http://engbishoujo.tripod.com/media/bs_demo.exe

Due to certain (security-related) reasons I am backing out on the idea of releasing an english demo…sorry ^^

Thats cool… I guess.

ADD:

Thanks for the link to the Jap Demo Doug.

[This message has been edited by H2ODemon (edited 07-24-2003).]

Umm… do we have an idea of the price of the game on the releace date?

Sadly… the demo doesn’t have any sex scenes… and if there are, I’m not there yet!

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
The Japanese demo is still quite playable.
Anyhow I think a demo is not needed since the game is so soon to being released.
Also i am getting the Brave Soul art book
[b] < shame less plug > now in stock from J-list < / shame less plug >
so I don't need a full color manual too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[/b]

I have the Art Book, and it's a great buy, but might want to wait till after you play the game if you don't like spoilers.

Hey! It seems like my work is in A-G too! :stuck_out_tongue: Of course, it’s just the translations for the Shiwasu no Okina mangas…

Does anyone know the point of the demo i have been walking around slicin goblins heads off and i thought it was cool for the first 8 levels but if i am reading the stats correctly it says i am at level 32. IS THERE A POINT!!!

I too noticed that… and you end up killing them in the last basment level with a pentagram on the floor. Once your done that, you appear infront of the nurse and merchant… interesting isn’t it?

An August release date for Brave Soul would be nice, but remembering how long it took for the manual for XC2 to be printed; I would say possibly early to middle Sept.

Still… that’s relatively close… I can almost taste the lemony goodness

Hmm, to tell you the truth, from a marketing standpoint, unless they have another title lined up, they could also do something more of a late October/early November release to time more towards the holiday shopping period. Of course then there’d be lemon related deaths all over the place and I doubt anyone would want that.

Wonder how far Made in DNA-san got in his work on the game. He definitely sounded a little frayed in his livejournal entry.

I knew a couple classmates who write and fix conmputers better drunk then they could sober.

from what I know, DNA cleared the game once so he has a good understanding on how the game works, so things hopefully will go faster…after he comes back from his thailand trip of course.

As for release dates, I doubt it will make it in august, maybe later in this year

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hmm, to tell you the truth, from a marketing standpoint, unless they have another title lined up, they could also do something more of a late October/early November release to time more towards the holiday shopping period.
Time to market is critical when it comes to the bottom line. If PP doesn't have any other games to release in time for the holidays, they can resell the 2-3 new G-Collection titles that are bound to come out by then.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Time to market is critical when it comes to the bottom line. If PP doesn't have any other games to release in time for the holidays, they can resell the 2-3 new G-Collection titles that are bound to come out by then.

However, the profit of margin for your own game is going to be greater than reselling a game from another company. So if possible, you usually want your own product to hit that period of spending. As such, they can reverse what you mentioned and ride on the G-Collection resells for the next couple of months before posting their own game.

And before anyone freaks, I was just offering up another potential scenario. That's what speculations are all about.