Brave Soul: "And so it begins."

Does anybody know if you are making progress in the demo when you start facing new enemies like skeletons and a goblin that looks like a general all dressed in armor at the very bottom

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hmm, to tell you the truth, from a marketing standpoint, unless they have another title lined up, they could also do something more of a late October/early November release to time more towards the holiday shopping period. Of course then there'd be lemon related deaths all over the place and I doubt anyone would want that.

Wonder how far Made in DNA-san got in his work on the game. He definitely sounded a little frayed in his livejournal entry.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now... where was I?

Someone actually [i]READS[/i] my LJ?,
Made in DNA

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
from what I know, DNA cleared the game once so he has a good understanding on how the game works, so things hopefully will go faster...after he comes back from his thailand trip of course.

As for release dates, I doubt it will make it in august, maybe later in this year

This is correct. Thanks for the back-up Lamuness. I have cleared it once, which means I have made it through all the wackiness of (most of) the (major) mazes once around making it easier to get through. Now I can concentrate on finding the little things and the major girls.

I thank you all for your patience on this.

Made in DNA

So how was Thailand?

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
Someone actually READS my LJ?,

Er, yeah. I have no discernable life of my own so I read about other people's lives. Plus, like Peter's J-List updates, it also includes some insights I find interesting. *blink* Oh yeah, I definitely need to get me a life one day...

But welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
So how was Thailand?

Like you would not believe. There was this one waitress at a restaurant who was so giggly... man she was cute. Her name waas "Dom". She stood about 5 feet from me the whole time I ate and stared at me, giggling each time I looked up.

Ahh, Thailand. The land of smiles.

Made in DNA

I was on the Right stuf website just browsing and i came across Brave Soul. I was wondering if the date they posted (Sep. 30, 2003) was close to the date Pea Pri had in mind

quote:
Originally posted by cdog21:
I was on the Right stuf website just browsing and i came across Brave Soul. I was wondering if the date they posted (Sep. 30, 2003) was close to the date Pea Pri had in mind

In a word, no way.

In more than a word, it's highly unlikely Brave Soul will be completed before then. Right Stuf also has a well known track record of making up release dates then continually moving them back.

If anything, the full version of Run for Tomorrow by SAORI should be included on the Brave Soul CD.

Okay, work continues on the great Brave Soul game. I’m really loving this game, frankly, as Peter and I have suspected (and Peter discovered), you can go through this game in a variety of ways (with or without the sexual action though you will inevitably come across some adult illustrations), and just because you start off with one character, doesn’t mean you’ll end up with her. I think it adds spice and just a little randomness to the game to keep you on your toes about the missions you take or don’t and how you answer. Honestly, there are ways I think I “should” answer, and ways I “want” to answer. Last game I went with the way I thought I (as a nice guy) “should” answer, and now I’m going with the way I “want” to. Heh! (o/~ Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do? Cuz it’s ‘Jackson’ if you’re nasty. o/~)

In any case, it was tough to make it through the first round not knowing what to expect, but I am feeling that this time around everything is moving smoother. A lot of the initial corrections have been made and everything flows smoothly. Now it’s a matter of getting to the girls and the bulk of their heavy text.

Yours in gaming,
Made in DNA

How’s it goin’? Could you maybe tell us when you will be ready with testing the game (only roughly)?

I am getting a gut feeling that we are getting really really really close to done…although I don’t have the answer to that actually :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
I am getting a gut feeling that we are getting really really really close to done...although I don't have the answer to that actually :P

Are you getting a gut feeling, like someone punched you in the gut?

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Are you getting a gut feeling, like someone punched you in the gut?

Or it could be one of those feelings when you wake up and realize that you have to goto work today cuz its monday. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
I am getting a gut feeling that we are getting really really really close to done...although I don't have the answer to that actually :P

....or is it one of those nausea, pukey type feelings?

just basing on web chats I have had with DNA these past few days (after the blackout) about BS progress

quote:
Originally posted by K-Oss:
How's it goin'? Could you maybe tell us when you will be ready with testing the game (only roughly)?

What's it worth to you? Gotta be more than I'm being paid though, or it just ain't worth it to me.

Merc re-writer,
Made in DNA

quote:
What's it worth to you? Gotta be more than I'm being paid though, or it just ain't worth it to me.

Merc re-writer,
Made in DNA

Hows $5 canadian sound then?

quote:

Merc re-writer,
Made in DNA

Now Now...be nice and just answer the question, don't be rude to your customers...

quote:

Merc re-writer,
Made in DNA

How about 1000...italian lire! not that much but 1000 sounds good, doesn't it;-)