Brave Soul Special Events List and Endings (Spoiler)

The hero is not Minstrel. It’s Calbren (name might not be entirely correct).

There is an ending for each girl, an ending for Losers’ Paradise, and… a hero for when you don’t win any girl.

Rudy is female.

You should bring Alicia and Rudy to Ancient Capitol.

No, Rudy is the main character! Ruby is female.

I can’t give good hints as to when Rudy gets sick. Be sure to stay at the inn after every mission, and talk to Shell, is the best I can do.

You also have to have beaten the game once already. Otherwise you can’t get Claire’s ending.

That’s the first I’ve heard of that. Source?

Hmm…I can’t seem to find one, actually. Various FAQs mention the ancient capitol, and the stone you need to get to break the curse, but I could’ve sworn you could only get the stone after beating the game.

I got the stone on my first play-through.

Me too and it really is worth it to have Claire in your party. The only ending you can’t get on 1st play through is Karen’s

[ 03-23-2007, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Series5Ranger ]

Whoops, sorry about that. I haven’t played the game in a few years, so I guess I got a little mixed up.

That’s one of my favorite classic bishoujo games. My favorite character is Marin. She still reminds me of Yuffie. She also has my favorite H-Scene Position

Hello,

Edited by Mystvan

And I know it is off-topic, but I’ll “talk” about the “Beginner’s Mark”.

In his walkthrough, djcorpselicker wrote this:

“Credit for most of this info goes to Benoit at the Peach Princess BBS. I’ve never gotten the Beginner’s Mark in any of my playthroughs, so I had to get this info elsewhere. If the Hero dies three times during a playthrough, the Beginner’s Mark will show up in your inventory. According to Benoit, it does the following…”

The most easy and fast way to get the “Beginner’s Mark” is:

When you start the game, you select the following setting:

1. Difficult: Crazy

2. Experience: Rookie

3. Items: wealthy or other

Then, the “weak” goblins can kill you (Rudy and Shell) instantaneously!!!

If you want to get 99 items of the “Beginner’s Mark”, you, I mean, Rudy/Masamu must die 3 X 99 = 297 times!!! And the TAB key is your friend… In other words, you have to start and die 297 times!!!

After this tiring task, you have to start again (new game) and finish the game. Or you can also load any save game and finish it. It’s much more fast than other way. In this case, you have to check if the “loaded save game” has 99 items of the “Beginner’s Mark” before you finish it.

If you, erroneously, try to get more than 99 items, when you start again, the items’s quantity will change (I think it is aleatory). And you have to start the game from the new “quantity”… Then, I strongly advice you to count exactly to avoid this problem.

Fortunately, I tried again and get the 99 items of the “Beginner’s Mark”. Ufa… I think that I’m a crazy man…

[ 06-19-2007, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

I didn’t know I was credited in a Brave Soul FAQ/walkthrough. Neat. :slight_smile:

This is the first I hear of the hero having any other name than Rudy. I don’t think there’s a second name.

Hello, Benoit,

Edited by Mystvan

==================================================

I forgot to add this step to get the “Beginner’s Mark”:

If you were getting tired to start and dies several times, you can load any save game and finish it to SAVE on the MEMORY of the game. I think the file is “system.sav”.

And later, if you start the game again, you’ll start on the same quantity of the “Beginner’s Mark” when you finished last time.

But if you make the same error as me, the memory of the quantity of the “Beginner’s Mark”, unfortunately, it doesn’t change. That’s sad, but we can’t do anything…

Then, again, you have to count carefully the quantity, OK? You must be patient to get the 99 items of the “Beginner’s Mark” and also to finish the endless dungeon “Loser’s Paradise”… Ufa…

[ 06-18-2007, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

SPOILERS

“This one was annoying first time through. The hints suck.
First got to the Souvenia Bar and talk to everyone for some vague hints.
Ok he’s buried with his treasure in his hometown Soleil with a view of the sea.
Now go to the Soleil Bar and talk to everyone till someone mentions a Ocarina.
Go to the Soleil Market and buy the Ocarina from the music merchant.
Now from what everybody said it sounds like you just bought his treasure.
Wrong.
Levels: 6
Head to the top of the mountain, you’ll play the Ocarina to open the cave door.
We learn that Alicia isn’t good around traps and we meet and fondle Ruby for
the first time.” This text is from djcorpselicker©.

I have some suggestions/advices:

• The best walkthroughs for the missions (required/normal/extra (forced)/special): from djcorpselicker© and Zeigard©; good for experimented gamers.

• The best walkthrough for the “Love Events” and “Missions List”: from Liliput©; good for experimented gamers.

Note: The “Love Events” List was made by Noirbo©. You can find him here, at this BBS.

Note: The “Missions List” was made by Smithy©. You can find him here, at this BBS.

• The best walkthrough about general stuffs: from Davzz©. You can find him here, at this BBS; good for beginners.

• The best walkthrough about “Loser’s Paradise”: from PenguinCandy©; good for beginners.

• The best walkthrough for get items (specially rare, very rare and unique items according to my reasoning): from my own guide; good for experimented gamers.

Good luck!

[ 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

you must have a free slot in your party first, and then go for missions that have a tendency of her appearing at at the start of the mission (look through this thread for hints), and just choose yes to accept her to your party again