C-G's Virtual-Mate?

Am I the only one who isn’t particularly bothered by this? Anything that will improve the situation for English ero-games, even just a little, is fine by me.

At least I have no plans on freaking out like a rabid dog with its testicles on fire, even before G-Collections have released more details on how exactly this system will work.

Honestly, some people need to get a grip…

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
Am I the only one who isn't particularly bothered by this? Anything that will improve the situation for English ero-games, even just a little, is fine by me.

At least I have no plans on freaking out like a rabid dog with its testicles on fire, even before G-Collections have released more details on how exactly this system will work.

Honestly, some people need to get a grip...

Try walking in our 98 users shoes then.

XP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet i'll do everything to create as much damage as possible to this title so they'll cut out.

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
Try walking in our 98 users shoes then.

Actually, I have Windows 98 on my other computer, on the other side of the table. Except the fact that it was a bitch getting it to connect to my broadband connection, (unlike my newer XP machine), I prefer using it for playing older games. As I've been buying games since 1995, I have more than enough games that won't work on XP. I've used Win 98 longer than XP, and I fail to see what the big deal is here. Rather, what relevance does it have to this case at all?

quote:
XP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that is an educated and inpartial statement because....?

quote:
You can bet i'll do everything to create as much damage as possible to this title so they'll cut out.

Well, that makes you pretty much as bad as the pirates G-Collections wants to get to, if not worse, as you're actively trying to cause damage to the company.

Stop bitching like a spoiled little brat until G-Collections releases some more info on this.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 10-15-2004).]

Certainly not planning on getting any new g-coll games until I hear more about how this thing works. If it is a hefty annoying copy protection scheme, then, well, they’ve just declared they don’t want my money.

As bad as pirates? Complaining does not make you automatically BAD. A few companies have eventually listened to customer complaints and removed copy-protection devices that were BREAKING USERS MACHINES. Of course, other companies, despite huge outpourings of complaints about the game being unfinished and the copy-protection not letting it run on many computers, blamed the incredibly high percentage of RETURNS by people who bought the product on… you guessed it… piracy.

If we sit quietly and do not complain or ask questions, we indicate that this sort of thing is fine by us. It isn’t.

Now, if the system is reasonable… If it has allowances for things like having broken your hard drive and needing to install the game on a new machine… If it has some contingency plan for how you can install the game if you don’t have a Net connection or if the company eventually goes under and can no longer verify your details… and it doesn’t make you enter a code every single time you run the game (Which sounds rather excessive)… And it makes the games cheaper and less pirated, then all is well.

Actually (Yes, I always come up with a Great New Idea!) one thing they could do would be to only sell these discounted versions through their own website, and then require you to set up a user/pass at their website to order the game, and that same user/pass combo to install the game. That way, if you gave out your copy, you’d also be giving away your username and password to the g-coll site with your credit card details on it.

Don’t know if that would work though.

[This message has been edited by papillon (edited 10-15-2004).]

LMFAO!!!

I’m with you AG3. Stop bitching and wait ‘n’ see.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
As bad as pirates? Complaining does not make you automatically BAD.

I was referring to this line:

quote:

That's hardly what I call civilized behaviour, or even usable feedback. There are far better ways to make your opinion known.

I’m just not sure precisely what he meant. I thought he was saying “do damage” in the way of “convince people not to buy”, thereby damaging their profits. Which is a fair method of complaint. Organising a boycott IS legitimate protest. Especially if you’re polite and explain exactly why you’re doing it.

Now, if he meant that he was going to break into their headquarters and damage the game by carving it up with an axe, that would be bad. Or spreading horrible lies about the company or trying to get them in trouble with the law or something. These are not-good methods.

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
Am I the only one who isn't particularly bothered by this? Anything that will improve the situation for English ero-games, even just a little, is fine by me.

I'm with you. A key registration/password protection system sounds perfectly alright to me, especially given the higher level of piracy to which bishoujo games appear vulnerable.

Publicity is commerce’s soul, we live in a free country - i doubt US are amongst these if you’ve Bush for president and because of the patriot Act - and this “parade” for sure is not a good one.

I’m not bitching.
I’m just waiting.
You can bet we’ll see their sales drop here in Europe.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
I'm just not sure precisely what he meant. I thought he was saying "do damage" in the way of "convince people not to buy", thereby damaging their profits. Which is a fair method of complaint. Organising a boycott IS legitimate protest. Especially if you're polite and explain exactly why you're doing it.

Now, if he meant that he was going to break into their headquarters and damage the game by carving it up with an axe, that would be bad. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Or spreading horrible lies about the company or trying to get them in trouble with the law or something. These are not-good methods.

My point is: It doesn't help to bitch and moan here and on every single board throughout the net. Trying to discuss things in a civil fashion with the company in question might work better. And at least try to get all the facts about this system before going around making an ass of oneself.

quote:
Publicity is commerce's soul, we live in a free country - i doubt US are amongst these if you've Bush for president and because of the patriot Act [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] - and this "parade" for sure is not a good one.

I'm not bitching.
I'm just waiting.
You can bet we'll see their sales drop here in Europe.

If they are even all that big to begin with... No shops in Norway are interested in selling them, mostly because they aren't willing to buy the large quantities needed to get a low enough sale price.

By the way, am I the only one who occasionally can't see the line I'm typing in these replies? It's damn hard to type when the only thing you see is the previous line you typed. It's gone now, though it appears every few posts. Weird.

quote:
Publicity is commerce's soul, we live in a free country - i doubt US are amongst these if you've Bush for president and because of the patriot Act [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] - and this "parade" for sure is not a good one.

I'm not bitching.
I'm just waiting.
You can bet we'll see their sales drop here in Europe.

There's a difference between civilized protest and rabble-rousing. You seem to be just a little too gung-ho, considering the situation. We don't have any details; all we have is speculation. You shouldn't go trolling over all over the Internet until we've ascertained what G-collections intentions are, and that they are completely unwilling to compromise. What if this is all just a big misunderstanding? Like it or not, your actions may have already cost G-collections valuable business. What will your excuse be then, hmm?

Just cool down and wait for some answers like the rest of us. I don't like this either, but acting rashly will only make matters worse.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-15-2004).]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can bet i’ll do everything to create as much damage as possible to this title so they’ll cut out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate BEEP

Lamuness: no racist comments please

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 10-15-2004).]

Still don’t get the point, huh? The more fuss will come out, the fastest they’ll be forced to explain, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Harm0niXer:
quote:

I hate stupids racists like you. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

LOL!

Italicus if you think this V-Mate is WinXP only then your wrong. chill out.

I think V-Mate is an abuse, you chill out.

I pay a game with bucks, why should i be forced to pay again worth of bucks for internet connecting and register it?

Again, you jump to conclusions. Who said you can’t register by some other means? Just chill until we get the full story.

G-Coll site is remodelling right now. Hope they’re going to ge the things clear… Ranting proved to be useful, don’t you think?