C-G's Virtual-Mate?

(shakes head)
I can’t believe you…

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
(shakes head)
I can't believe you...

I second that motion.

now now, i am sure vaga42bond and other spies from gc are lurking/reading this bbs (as if they haven’t done so already…or am i the only “naive” bbs mod out there that doesn’t actually go read other ppl’s bbs? :P) and i am sure they have read about your responses on this matter…whether they will change anything based on the customer’s responses is another story, i’m sure they know about it and why not just wait and see what happens when the actual product comes out? if it does turn out to be a crappy thing then ya sure go ahead and bitch all you want, but it’s kinda useless to bitch now when, like someone else said, it’s nothing but speculation. even i personally dont know exactly how it works (well i know how the system works in japan but it’s possible that they may change a bit for the english version and that’s why i refuse to comment on this issue).

anyways, just wait and see…maybe it will turn out ok (but then it may not :P)

Ok they’ve clarified. The activation code - AFAIK - is settled so that this game can played only on a NEt-Connected PC. And that’s not what i wanted to hear. So, i’ll try by persuade as much people as possible to not buy this game.

My game PC is not connected to the net.

This system is stupid, for my point of view. They’re saying me that they don’t need my money? Fine, i’ll do the best to create them trouble.

@ Lamuness

From what they have posted on their site they don’t want to retreat from this fool project.

Hope the ice they’re dancing on will crack under their weight.

I have tracked FAS mail. Now, i think i’ll keep it from myself, ordwer the game and then wait for the crack - if i decide the game it’s worth of my bucks, of course.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 10-15-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
Fine, i'll do the best to create them trouble.

now now, that's not very nice...

Err…where exactly is this new information?

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
Ranting proved to be useful, don't you think? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Perhaps, but I strongly suspect that you have started your rampage a bit too early for our sake (especially considering that our hobby receives unnecessary BAD publicity/prejudice already). Besides, ANY move against piracy is OK for me, and the only true mistake of G-Coll. is the ambiguity/obscurity in the description of this initiative (truly, G-Coll. sucks in the rapport with the clients/fans).
Iniziative affrettate/irresponsabili portano sempre danno, Italicus! And you, Harm0niXer, don't insult other fellow gamers/peoples with undue haste. Intolerant/disquieting guys are EVERYWHERE, unfortunately.

Baldo, il pc su cui gioco NON E’ CONNESSO. Per cui questo non lo posso giocare. E siccome lo aspettavo dopo quella KAKATA di Idols Galore il vedermelo presentato cosÏ permetti che non mi sfagiola?

Short translations for non italians:

a) My pc is not connected.
then
b) I will never be able to play that game
then
c) i was expecting it because Idols proved to be a low quality product
then
d) I’M PISSED AS HELL

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
now now, that's not very nice...

They were not nice with me, why should i be nice to them?

An eye for an eye. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Err...where exactly is this new information?

They only explained better the V-Mate system, and that's all. Ah!

A software companies goal is to sell software to legitiment customers. Now look what they have done,Apparently they have just implemented copy protection, thatis unethical in many peoples minds, it is making them ont want to buy their software. Bad buisness decision? In gener every person who has a good experience with a company tells 8 people, every person who has a bad experience with a company tells 13. Thats quite a few people telling others about their bad experience.

I don’t think any us pc game developer has even resortd to online registration. Besides mmorpg, which is to be expected, duh.

Imagine if you have to be online back in the NES days. Imagine how many of those developers went under, how many games you couldnt play any more. I’m the kind of person who will pull out a game 5 years from now and want to play it again. Wehn I buy a piece of software, I expect that I own a hard copy with no red tape around it. Apparently this isnt the case anymore with G-C; and I will not support their practices.

I’m going to throw this up about aniti piracy tactis that only bother legitimate buyers. Thats the best way to make more people pirate software. People who think we are getting over excited about this new deal. Just read the description. Its real obvious what it is, I don’t need a working copy right in front of me to understand what they stated.

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
A software companies goal is to sell software to legitiment customers. Now look what they have done,Apparently they have just implemented copy protection, thatis unethical in many peoples minds, it is making them ont want to buy their software. Bad buisness decision? In gener every person who has a good experience with a company tells 8 people, every person who has a bad experience with a company tells 13. Thats quite a few people telling others about their bad experience.

I don't think any us pc game developer has even resortd to online registration. Besides mmorpg, which is to be expected, duh.

Imagine if you have to be online back in the NES days. Imagine how many of those developers went under, how many games you couldnt play any more. I'm the kind of person who will pull out a game 5 years from now and want to play it again. Wehn I buy a piece of software, I expect that I own a hard copy with no red tape around it. Apparently this isnt the case anymore with G-C; and I will not support their practices.

Friend!!!

quote:
Starting with "Let's Meow Meow!," we are introducing a whole new gaming system called Virtual-Mate, which enables customers to interact with our game developers and receive additional services via Internet connection.
The registration process for Virtual-Mate takes just a few clicks to complete. First, you will be asked to create a username and a password. If you haven't registered, you will be asked to do so. After the password creation process, you will then be asked to provide a product key which will be found in the game package. Upon completing the registration process, you will be required to submit your username and password each time you start up the game.
With the introduction of this Virtual-Mate online activation system, we are able to bring you our products at a reduced price! We sincerely hope you enjoy the experience!

This is what's on their site. At first sight, it looks okay.

However, the thing that I'm absolutely against is entering it every time I play. We shouldn't have to do that.

This doesn't look like a good system, though, because if all you need is a password, one could just buy the game, get the password by registering, and then spread the password with the crack. It's that easy.

Packaging a password to unlock the game uppon install is one thing. Onlineregistration of a store boughten product iis not ethical.

I stopped caring what companies do years ago, as long as I don’t have to pay extra.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I stopped caring what companies do years ago, as long as I don't have to pay extra.

And what if the time has come - to pay that extra?

Dunno how you do in US, but ADSL fee is 1.5 euro per hour. To stay connected to play a game is unethical. I don't want to feed Telecom Italia SpA too. The money i paid for a game isn't enough? are they going to get a percaentual on connections in a dirty pact with national providers? Dunno....

They said this way games will have a lower cost - bullshit. Pratically they are encoraging people that play on a non-connected PC ( AND ME AMONGST THEM ) to crack the game. AND YOU CAN BET I'LL DO THAT IF I'LL BE ABLE TO DO SO. This time is enough they deserve a lesson.

One of my favorite times to pull out games is when the net connection is down so I can’t do any work.

Ah my tread has turning into a wildfire of assumtions (pretty good theorys)…I spelled it C-G…oops…G-C. Since I’m a lazy slob I’ll NOT look for your quotes:

Q: You won’t buy there products?
Opinion: Well that would limit the gaming titles available to you young grasshoper(s). BUT I do see you point of view if you have to register it online every time or even once. What if you wanted to play the game say 2 years down the road? Or ISP is on the fritz.

Q: Does money saved equal more profit!
Opinion: Generally yes…unless V-Mate is really such a crazy sceme as most ppl think it is. But if it’s just to do a 5 minute reg to get a Numarical Algerbraic Eqation (or something the other) to unlock just a password to the game then I’d gladly pay reduced price for a game.

Q: Resort to piriting?
Opinion: I think its ok if you BUY the game and crack only your own version But no distubiting it ok!

OPINION: I still think some of you ladies/gentlemen will still buy there products cause if you didn’t your selection of games would be reduced a lot…I’ve come to the understanding G-C has faster production times then PP.

Hope my reasoning makes sense. Everyone’s opinion seems to have affected me and turned me into a paranoidal hermit.

[This message has been edited by Wizard Blue (edited 10-15-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Wizard Blue (edited 10-15-2004).]

1.5 EUR an hour? WTF. That looks like dial-up. I thought we were past that. Now there are DSL connections with a monthly subscription for unlimited surfing, as long as you keep under the bandwidth limit.

Italicus, please cool down. You’re way too aggressive in your writing style, and overreacting. Take a walk or something…

Sell your games? The market being so small, I don’t think you should sell your games in the first place…