Casual Romance Club Hints & Tips

Possible Spoilers in this thread

I wanted to make a thread for CRC hints and tips. This is one of the tougher games I have played in attempting to get every single scene with a girl. I have only accomplished this with one girl so far (Amanda) and am having real difficulty with others. Here are some of the things I have noticed:

1. Every girl has at least one conversation option that opens up a selectable answer everyday. Edit It has been proven that this is not always the best option.

2. Sometimes a girl can only go on a mini date if you talk to her in the proper order, eg. Valerie can only mini date sometimes if you talk to her 3rd, and bridget can only mini date sometimes if you talk to her first.

3. Not sure if it matters to talk to a girls friend about them, eg. Charlotte about Bridget, Valerie about Amanda.

4. Sometimes going on a Mini date can actually hurt your romance, and it can be tough to decide when to invite them to a weekend date, since this eliminates a mini date that day.

Thats it for now, the biggest thing that has helped me was the realization that there is always a selectable answer conversation topic for every girl every day. But even with that I still have been unable to finish Valerie’s ending and not even close to getting all of Bidget’s and Sophie’s graphics. This is a tougher game than I originally thought. Please post any tips you might have!

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 05-16-2003).]

I dont think you need to have a selectable answer every day… im sure it helps… but ive finished about 7 endings now… and the reason i have done so was the book… it give small hints twards the back and those were all i really needed to figure out the ending… now i may not have gotten 100% cg on all of em… but id say almost all of it… the toughest one i done so far was sidney (which tells me i have to much of a desire to be a smooth talker (least according to her when u fail to get her ending). (but after reading the hint in the back of the book (page 42) i re-tought it out and finally figured it out.

As for Valarie, aside amy i found her ending the easiest…
(since u can fail with 1 girl then pick amy on the last friday and still get her ending)

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-08-2003).]

Its not so much getting the endings that has been hard for me its acquiring every scene. I am kinda a perfectionist, I hate not getting everything in games. Which kills me in rpg’s . But for most the girls I find it pretty tough to get every cg for them. I pretty much made this thread because I am gonna ask questions about certain girls to see if anyone has any ideas on which scene I missed. Don’t have any specific questions yet because I can’t play tonight ;P.

Well, after playing bridgets scenario i finally see what everyone meant that it was hard to do… shes one of those girls u can mess up end path with, with just 1 chat… basically it requires being 100% perfect with her…

Anyway if u got questions… plz post em, ive been through a majority of endings… (tough id rather now post the answers here cuz i HATE playing spoiler…

oh please please please email me specifics on bridget’s path…i must have tried about seven times now and still fail!!! i think i’ve given it the good old college try and i am ready for some good old-fashioned spoilers on it…but i don’t think everyone wants you to post specifics like that here, so email me

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
but i don't think everyone wants you to post specifics like that here, so email me [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Exactly. That goes twice for me, because I still haven't gotten my shipment... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

phoenix, what are you looking for? a complete guide (day by day) (i could prolly do this…) or just some basic hints?

Ok bigdog, Im stuck now… i see what u were saying earlier… my friend says that every date sim that has 10+ girls will have a girl that no matter what you do you cant get along with her because you to simply think too diferntly (of course the char dont think, but u know what i mean).

Paige seems to be the only one in this game im simply cant impress past the second weekend (i can get ALL of her cg up to that day…) then she starts dating jordan outa no where… and ive even tried differnt things… completly changed my way of thinking… and it still happens (then she wont date me in the 4th week and by then its over… so, do u know how to kill off jordan so she will only date the main character?(beginning to think this is the only way)

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Ok bigdog, Im stuck now... i see what u were saying earlier... my friend says that every date sim that has 10+ girls will have a girl that no matter what you do you cant get along with her because you to simply think too diferntly (of course the char dont think, but u know what i mean).

Paige seems to be the only one in this game im simply cant impress past the second weekend (i can get ALL of her cg up to that day...) then she starts dating jordan outa no where... and ive even tried differnt things... completly changed my way of thinking... and it still happens (then she wont date me in the 4th week and by then its over... so, do u know how to kill off jordan so she will only date the main character?(beginning to think this is the only way)

Whoa, what the... this Casual Romance Club doesn't sound so casual at all, if it has gritty stuff like killing off your rival to woo a girl. This went from 'Awesome' to 'Awful' game.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Whoa, what the... this Casual Romance Club doesn't sound so casual at all, if it has gritty stuff like killing off your rival to woo a girl. This went from 'Awesome' to 'Awful' game.

Ya know, id think that after having posted here so much, i would think you guys would have stopped taking me so serious...
hmnmph, aww well...

and so theres no misunderstanding about the game, ITS AN AWSOME GAME!!!! tons of replay(by far it has taken up the most time (even more than it took me to get a good ending in divi dead(and that took FOREVER!)
u cant kill anyone in the game, i was trying to be funny.. stop taking me so serious about that kinda stuff!

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-10-2003).]

oops… double post

I have not worked on Paige yet, but I have a question for you Gambit. Did you get 100% of Valerie’s cgs? If so I might need to talk to you .

Right now I am perfecting Clare and Caitlin. I still only have one complete cg collection . But I have seen almost every ending .

theres one i cant get in week 3 with valarie…

dont wanna increase the ammount of posts in this forum, so ill add to my last one…

Bigdog, is there a way to get caitlin to show up on the first weekend or is that one unavoidable?

Gambit: Well as far as I can tell the first 2 weeks getting stood up is unavoidable. Its explained later in one of the no-show chat options on why she didn’t show up or call. Even though that is the wrong chat option for the day I think. My Caitlin problem is getting the 3rd row #3 cg. and the whole last row of cgs, if you have gotten these can you by chance enlighten me to how. I have replayed her scenario 2x fully and replayed week 4 probably 6 times trying tons of different options…

Damn its hard getting every damn CG, anyone have links to a solid walkthrough?

[This message has been edited by CrimsonGuard (edited 05-12-2003).]

Problems with valerie too, when i look at the libido page and ask for the girl i like etc you see pictures and there i can deduce from that i am certainly missing some events anybody some pointers

Well there is SOMEWHAT a pattern

Semi-gameplay spoiler (i wont give anything away but will give a vital hint to helping solve this dilema)

There seems to be a point system, Ive gotten all of bridgets, Amys and Jeannies cg. and from what ive learned theres a few a small pattern… Each week you have 5 chances to gain points with a girl… some require 4 right answers some require 2… and some require 5 (bridget being the 5)
Now from what i can tell valarie requires 3 right answers a week to get her extra cg now thats where the problem is… u can get 3 right and still not get it… because theres 1 you have to get right, and im not sure but i think the same is with the other girls, even though to get the rest right, if you dont get that one… you get nothing.

Oh and bigdog, i just looked, and i have all of valaries CG… problem is she is the only one i didnt save with almost every day… (dunno why but i found her path SOOO easy) i have the save on day one… then the save at the end sunday… lol

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-12-2003).]

I think my problem with valerie is that she requires some unorthodoxe choices,

Ummm spoiler???

for instance you require to choose dating on a sunday to trigger umm breast grabbing event

and on the last week when she talks about the casual romance club being a game you have to choose the first option to kinda tell her off(this choice doesn’t lead to 3 options)

So either i have been really choosing wrong answers or i need to search somewhere in all of the other answers

GWAAAGH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING i mean i got Bridget ending in 1 try i mean go fig

Two things.

Gambit: I had a questions about Caitlin cgs did you have an idea or have you not completed her yet?

Zanaffar: When you say that you have to tell her off and its not a 3 option choice. How do you know that is the right selection? Did you get a night event from it? If you are right than that throws my 3 option choice always being right theory right out of the water and could be why no matter what I do I seem to always miss 1 or 2 cgs…

hi to all

i didnt played so much yet, but got probs with amanda, i got ending with here but not all cgs…

someone got any tips for her?