Cat Girl Alliance?

stores like having dates game developers don’t

Playasia just sets dates so people can preorder them.
Before this change, the dates were all Q4 2009

They have a habit of doing this. I’m not sure why they can’t just put ‘TBA’ for products with no release date, but they don’t. They just pull them out of thin air.

Amazon kept pushing back, and pushing back, the date for Kino’s Journeys novel 2, then eventually cancelled it. Online retailers and “news” sites were so persistent in making up release dates for SIlent Hill: Shattered Memories that inside of two months there were like 6 different dates.

Peter Payne runs PP, GC, and Jast USA (as well as J-List). He doesn’t announce release dates in advance because once upon a time (very early on, like 8 years ago), that is exactly what he did. The dates promptly flew right by, and (say) Little My Maid didn’t come out until years after the initial ‘tentative date’. That is not good. So now they announce when they’ve definitely licensed a game, and that’s it.

About time. Can’t wait to pick it up.

Had to google the meaning of the word “trap” (trying to avoid the Admiral Ackbar references). So there’s actually a route in this game where you end up with a dude? If so, neato! Yaoi probably isn’t my taste, but having an opportunity to play such a route in an otherwise female-focused game would be interesting.

No. Futanari characters are not male (99.99% of the time, anyway, and not in this case). For many people, a male character would turn the game into a landmine - a break-the-disc-and-send-it-back landmine =P

if said futa has female genitals as well as male genitals
i don’t consider that yaoi
is the futa in this game like that

Must have been my misunderstanding then; I thought that trap == transvestite and nothing else, and that the male character (step-brother to the futa) that has a profile on the game page might be the target of that route. He wasn’t featured in any of the “adult” preview CGs, but I’m of course aware that the majority of consumers wouldn’t consider a dude route in a chick game a selling point, and G-Collections might want to deemphasize the possibility.

Trap just generally means that a character looks like one sex but is actually the other. For example, look at one of the most famous traps: Bridget from Guilty Gear. He looks like a girl but is a guy. He doesn’t have boobs or a vagina, but he’s still considered a trap.

That’s the definition of futa. If a character has both sets of equipment, then they’re a futa. If they look like a girl, but only have male equipment, then it’s not a futa, it’s a trap.

I’ll probably end up picking this one up. Futa doesn’t really bother me that much. Looking forward to it.

While I’m no expert (especially since I don’t care for futa), it was my understanding that this isn’t exactly correct. It was my understanding that a futa had equipment that could somewhat function like that of a male, but wasn’t exactly the same (in addition to the female parts of course). Some years back (before I joined this board) I recall seeing a video that was from an erotic anime. If I recall correctly, it showed two naked female characters, but one slowly developed a protuberance and began to do the other character.

There are a lot of different variants, but they both need to be present. Sometimes it does do what you describe, but then, in that case, the person has both sets of equipment. In fact, many futa have no male testes. But they have to have the male part and it needs to be working, and they also need to have a female part that isn’t vestigal.

After all, if they don’t have both parts, then they’re just either a man or a woman, like everybody else. The character might be a trap (or a reverse trap) but that’s just cross dressing. Futa is different.

Edit: “Futa” meaning both, double, two. I’m not sure what “nari” means. But “Futatsu” means “two things” or “two people”, and “futago” means “twins”, and “futari” means “the two of you” or “the two of us”.

futanari is ?? or ?? - I’ve actually seen both in use, and I’m not sure which is ‘canon’. The latter basically means something like ‘double form’.

I took a look at the site and the pictures are way more cartoony than I had expected … very unfortunate, because I’d been looking forward to this game - now I doubt I’ll buy it.

I don’t know which is more “correct” either, but from what I can find, the second one fits better in my opinion. The reason I think this is that while ?? is one of the kun readings for ?, it is a nanori reading for ? as far as I can find, as normally you need okurigana after the character to get that reading.

Not quite true, as you can tell from ??, ??, ??, ??. The only complaint about ? is that it can be a little obscure.

(naturally, to be contrary, I type futanari as ?? =P)

Something about those posts are just hilarious. Seeing the mix of kanji and English just has this air of… naughtiness… sort of like that bleeping of certain words.

Of course talking about futanari doesn’t help, even if the discussion is rather… academic would be the word I guess. Can’t really say serious for some reason.

here are the localizATION note
http://www.jastusa.com/cat-girl-allianc … tion-notes

Glad to see they’re letting us know in no uncertain terms what they did to localize the game. Some of us will never be satisfied by any censorship that is applied, but for myself (as well as some others) I am comfortable simply not being kept in the dark.