Cleaning out the closet

quote:
Originally posted by ashampine:
Wow. Some serious last minute sniping going on there. I'm assuming all four of the bidders were from this message board, so congratulations to fookii (Nandemonai?). In any case, I look forward to hearing from you and shipping this off to you.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

Your sniping skills are WEAK! WEAK, I tell you! WEAK!

Or perhaps your spirit was willing but your wallet was empty?

Yes, I am fookiiviliibay. I hate eBay with a passion and will never do business with them again, unless it's unavoidable. (It took GinIro to get me to sign up again.) The way they treated me is one of the worst I've yet experienced. (Granted, I'm young.)

Back when I was last a member, their system was so insecure spambots harvested emails with impunity. So I got spam just by having an eBay account. I tried to change the email address. They demanded a credit card "for verification" if I wanted to use an address like yahoo or [edit: Hotmail]. I said "fuck you", left, and never looked back.

Anyhow, I sent you an email concerning the arrangements. Hopefully you can get back to me by tomorrow and we can get this taken care of.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 04-20-2003).]

yay, nande won! that means maybe after he finishes with it, i can borrow it!!!

Dear God… Is that game really that good that people are willing to spend $123.50 on it, or is it that the game is only alright, but it’s one of those impossible-to-find rarities that it just naturally goes up that high?

Hoping that this works…

Good Luck to Nade whatever… (see his wallet goes flied)

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Dear God... Is that game really that good that people are willing to spend $123.50 on it, or is it that the game is only alright, but it's one of those impossible-to-find rarities that it just naturally goes up that high?

*blink* Could have sworn Bokmeow-san and originaly replied to this. I'm not losing my mind am I?

Technically, there's nothing stopping it from being both. From what those who have it say, it is very good. And right now almost impossible to find, which always drives prices up. Kinda curious to see what happens to the price of Kango in the comming months myself.

Bookmeow did reply saying that his True Love auction went for $164ish. I think his reply was lost in the BBS fix.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
[B]Bookmeow did reply saying that his True Love auction went for $164ish.[B]

How much?! Is that correct? If so, I'm tempted to part with my copy...

You’d have to ask him but I believe it was $163 or 164. If you look at the past topic in the BBS you could probably still find the link to the auction page.

Yeah, I was one of the bidders on True Love, but I maxed out at $75, which wasn’t even half what it finally went for.

It was partly that that motivated me to get Giniro from the Yahoo! Japan auctions site. It was expensive and a pain, and I don’t think I’d do it again, but it was cool to do once.

I should clarify – I didn’t get Giniro with the intent of reselling it. I was cheesed off that I hadn’t gotten True Love and so I when I saw there was a chance to get a copy of Giniro I decided I’d do it no matter what it cost. Total cost ended up being about $135. I wouldn’t do it a second time, but it was neat once.

Here’s the play by play on that True Love:

quote:

Unicorn Member posted 01-14-2003 09:35 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bokmeow:

and for Out-of-Print stuff:
True Love from Otaku Publishing;

Aaaargh!
That’s really cruel!
I never have luck with auctions!

quote:

ekylo
Member posted 01-14-2003 10:28 AM
The bidding on that one should be interesting.

quote:

exoarchaeologist
Member posted 01-14-2003 05:56 PM
yes, very interesting
well, ive put in my bid

quote:

ashampine
Junior Member posted 01-19-2003 03:53 PM
Well, I really wanted True Love, but my $75.99 bid was insufficient.

quote:

woodelf
Member posted 01-19-2003 09:19 PM

quote:
Well, I really wanted True Love, but my $75.99 bid was insufficient.

So how much did it go for?

quote:

Unicorn
Member posted 01-19-2003 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:

quote:

Allarian
Member posted 01-21-2003 07:58 AM
True Love is up to $165 so far! (Give or take a few cents.)
That game had better be the best title out there, I’d say.

And here’s the bid, play-by-play:
he-who-is(27) $164.55 Jan-21-03 02:53:34 PST
he-who-is(27) $164.55 Jan-16-03 07:26:19 PST
dragonfire000(5) $162.05 Jan-20-03 22:12:06 PST
dragonfire000(5) $152.00 Jan-20-03 22:11:14 PST
dragonfire000(5) $146.00 Jan-20-03 22:10:56 PST
dragonfire000(5) $131.00 Jan-20-03 22:09:40 PST
dragonfire000(5) $123.99 Jan-20-03 22:09:24 PST
dragonfire000(5) $102.50 Jan-20-03 22:08:48 PST
dragonfire000(5) $95.01 Jan-20-03 21:58:02 PST
dragonfire000(5) $85.01 Jan-20-03 21:57:41 PST
kristin_mom(6) $75.99 Jan-19-03 11:23:25 PST
dragonfire000(5) $51.05 Jan-15-03 15:33:43 PST
xenologer(18) $50.00 Jan-14-03 17:56:13 PST
dragonfire000(5) $47.04 Jan-15-03 15:32:28 PST
dragonfire000(5) $44.03 Jan-15-03 15:32:02 PST
dragonfire000(5) $36.50 Jan-15-03 15:31:26 PST
minhoanh3@cs.com(200) $25.00 Jan-14-03 21:58:00 PST
mistsage(25) $10.00 Jan-14-03 09:05:46 PST

quote:
I should clarify -- I didn't get Giniro with the intent of reselling it. I was cheesed off that I hadn't gotten True Love and so I when I saw there was a chance to get a copy of Giniro I decided I'd do it no matter what it cost. Total cost ended up being about $135. I wouldn't do it a second time, but it was neat once.

Yes, which is what I did. I was prepared to go to $250. (Really, I'd just have to ratchet down my anime expenditures for a few months.)

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
(Really, I'd just have to ratchet down my anime expenditures for a few months.)

Wish I could do that but there's just too much I want coming out. Heck, just in the next month will be new volumes of .hack//SIGN, Banner of the Stars, Please Teacher, Chobits, Noir, Fruits Basket and Mahoromatic. And those are just the one's I'm planning to get. Who knows what other titles I'll pick up on a whim and then end up thoroughly enjoying...

Hm. I’d forgotten how much this went for - I was convinced I’d spent MORE than I actually did. Damn, this thread’s old - I don’t even think the guy who sold it hangs out here anymore.

Well done, Nandemonai.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Even granting that, it was still a mindnumbingly stupid thing to do. Angrily telling people to stop outbidding you would be sort of like demanding to know why your boss thinks he can order you around like that.

I have to say: this is a great quote. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I have to say: this is a great quote. :D

What was that? I'm sorry ... Didn't quite catch that ^_^

... dammit, seeing that thread reminds me just how long ago I got Giniro. I have yet to play the stupid thing ¬_¬

Ha!Ha!..Maybe you’d like to sell it…

You haven’t even played it?! Wow, talk about overindulgence…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 12-05-2004).]