D.O. Games

Hey everyone,
I’m a pretty big newbie to Bishoujo games however the three I played I greatly enjoyed (Kana, DiviDead, Crescendo).

I am a fan of rpg games and while I was looking through the Japanese counterparts of some G-Collections games, I noticed this one game from O.D. called BranMarker.

http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/bran_r/index.htmNow I’m not sure if it is any good since I do not understand Japanese and do not have access to the real thing. It seems fairly new so I couldn’t find any reviews, atleast in English. However it looked kind of interesting from what I translated off the website.

My question is does G-Collections still have a licensing agreement with D.O., so game titles like this might hit the English speaking market? Besides “Brave Soul” I don’t believe there are many games with rpg elements. If only Grandia series included some more adult themes. :slight_smile:

The DVD version of Crescendo has added scenes?

Aye, take a look at this thread:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=002293

Yep, and the extra CGs are on the G-Collections CD release. (G-Collections used the voice acting from the Japanese DVD version in their release, but they didn’t translate the extra scenes.)

You can use GGDCut to view the extra CGs (in the GGD file on the Crescendo install disc, if I remember correctly).

http://sircus0001.hp.infoseek.co.jp/soft/softe.htm

The game looks neat! I would like this to be the first candidate for translation if the contract with D.O. gets renewed. :slight_smile:

I don’t have Crescendo, but if I did, I don’t think I would buy it again just for a couple more characters…

Hey thanks for the information Darkling! How did you find out about this? Was it on G-Collection’s old BBS? I wish G-Collections translated the extra scenes (I mean since they’re already on there). I’m reviewing the game right now and will have to wait till I unlock all the CGs to know which ones, and how many, are new.

Edit: I just checked thru and managed to find the scenes for Yuka and Kaho (they are all presented in order). The art style looks slightly different (basically newer) and the h-scenes are censored but I’m glad to know that they’re on the disc, kind of like a bonus of sorts. I do wonder though as to when the scenes take place. I’m guessing though that they all take place after the each of the respective character’s endings.

Edit 2: Regarding whether G-Collections will get the DVD version. I wonder how likely this will be. I mean, I believe they’d have to acquire another license but on the plus side there won’t be much to translate (unless they decide to do a whole new translation) and could probably release it quickly. Of course the graphics will also have to be uncensored. G-Collections did, in the past, release two versions of Kango Shicyauzo though but it was under different management. I would certainly purchase the game should it come out though (I love this game!).

Edit 3: Were the new scenes really by different artists? Or did the original artist’s style jsut change over the period of time between releases?

[ 07-29-2006, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

I agree with you Benoit, I would like to see it as a first canidate for translation. I believe there are only 13 scenes that would need to be restored/translated.

Personally I’d buy it again since it was such a great game. However maybe it would be possible to sell it in a patch format that would update the GGD file? Say at a discount for folks that already bought it and then the standard price for the full version.

Just to be clear, I was talking about BranMarker in the first paragraph.

It was discussed before on this BBS.

The original game didn’t sell a lot, though, so there wouldn’t be enough incentive to release another version.

Yes.

Well, there’s one character in particular whose extra CGs seem to suggest an alternate universe. In the Kaho/Kyoko graphics, Ryo and the girls are still at school. Ayame’s extra CGs seem like they could very easily be set after her good ending in the game, though. So it seems to be a mixed bag.

G-Collections is dead, really. They don’t have staff to translate new material, so it would have to be a Peach Princess project under the G-Collections ‘brand’. And if they wanted to translate the extra scenes, you’d think they would have done it back then. =/

I’m curious whatever happened to G-Collections? I just figured that Peach Princess bought them out or they merged.

[ 07-30-2006, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: trhent ]

G-Collections’ parent company, CD-Bros., got major problems, and they asked Peter Payne if he wanted to take over their US business (which was actually healthy).

I like Crescendo the way it is. Judging from those CGs, it looks like they just cut a few sex scenes. I like the way the story ends for each path, well I havent played the secret girl’s story yet so I can’t comment on her path. I didn’t even look at her CGs just incase of spoilers.

To me the game is about Ryo falling in love with one of the girls and how his relantionship with her begins, not what happens after. So if PP did re-release it I’m not sure if I would buy it.

BTW nice one hijacking the thread in the second post hehehe

[ 07-31-2006, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Stretch ]

I used to have the website of the original character designer for Crescendo somwhere… it was really nice work. It’s a shame I don’t think I’ve seen the artist in any other games… or anything else as far as I can tell, other than that website.

Hey if you can find the site can you post it here? I just finished Kaori’s path today, such a good game.

Btw one of D.O.'s titles won game of the year at getchu.com. It translatates to family plan, maybe that’s one title G-Collections should also consider to localize.

You talk about Kazoku keikaku (Kazokei).
Back then when G-Collections was still alive, I was among the people who asked for this one. They took a look into that and said that for technical reasons, this game would be VERY unlikely to be localized.

I don’t think DEAD companies would take anything into consideration, so your plea can now only be heard by their tombstone. But even if they still were alive, I doubt their opinion in that matter would right now be different from what they said before.

[ 08-02-2006, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Yeah that’s the game. Hmmm if they couldn’t get it then I doubt they’d be able to get it now.

The reason I mentioned it is because Peter plans on reviving the G-Collections label and will start bringing out new games from CD-Cros. probably in 2007, then I thought I’d suggest it.

Yeah, I’m hijacking an old thread, but, if that’s true… then I can’t wait for 2007.

Perhaps, after a two year hiatus, we may see a revival, and maybe a growth, in the genre.

But in the end, only time can tell.

like i have said before many many times:

what will come will come

Que sera sera… whatever will be will be… the future’s not ours to see… que sera sera…

~

Sadly, though, we may not see another Angel smile game (well, save for the other two they did), though I hope the next game GC does is the Zyx RPG, or Mercure’s second game (unsure about the name though)

Maybe even some enw companies would be pretty nice…

I now notice that you have the Angel Smile mini-banner that I had saved to my PhotoBucket account in your signature. :slight_smile:

Too bad images aren’t supported in signatures, or I would have left it in mine.