Delurking... new here

Greetings!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the “community.” I’m not much of an outspoken person, so expect me to chime in from time to time, but for the most part I will probably be sitting back and observing what all is being said.

I started playing Bishoujo Games (English) about 3 years ago. Season of the Sakura, Kana, and Casual Romance Club being my favorites so far. I am highly interested in Hitozuma Hime Club (for my BDSM interests… seems to be quite a “training” simulator based on what I’ve heard which may or may not be accurate) and Crescendo (seems many are ranking it up there with Kana so figured I better play) both of which I’ve not played yet.

Honestly, there are many I’ve not played yet… I try very hard to gather facts about a game/story before I buy it (I’m sure many do), as I tend to be a person who is more of the story driven than sex type.

I think the game I was most disappointed in was Phantom Inferno, for some reason it just didn’t work for me (as in I just didn’t find it entertaining/interesting). Remind me to stay away from “spy thrillers” in the future… (Then again, I’ve heard great things about another spy based series…)

So now that I’ve revealed a small amount about myself… I would like to end with a quick question, that no doubt is somewhere in this forum (I swear I saw something similar to it in the past, but due to time restraints right now because I have a class I have to get to I’m bringing it up again.)

What are your three must haves? Those games that you simply think deserve either a litterary/gaming award or that you just plain found most entertaining.

Thanks!

Well, it is likely to change with all the new releases. At the current moment my three favorites are.

1. Casual Romance Club
2. TCI
3. Kana - Little Sister

Brave Soul and Crescendo may change my mind when i have a chance to enjoy them.

Oh. And welcome to the board.

[This message has been edited by ksarchet (edited 10-29-2003).]

Welcome!!!

I would have to say my 3 must haves are:

1) Tottemo Pheromone

2) Private Nurse

3) Kana-Little Sister

I only have “Kana” as 3rd in my favorites because I prefer happy endings!!!

Hmmm… I’ve checked your profile ScorpioMysterica, and you seem to have a lot of Interest!!! You seem to be a very interesting character. Are you by any chance the new Mascot for Peach Princess?? And you are a female?? Right??

[This message has been edited by dexter (edited 10-29-2003).]

Allow me also to welcome you,
My top three are (keeping in mind I have not played Brave Soul and when I finish Crescendo this list might change):

1 - Kana-Little Sister

2 - Tottemo Pheromone

3 - Private Nurse

I put Kana first because even with some of the endings others have hinted at I have never been so I guess you can say emotionally moved by a game before as I was Kana. I guess I should add before Kana Tottemo Pheromone was my number one. It is also true the Casual Romance Club is very close to Private Nurse in my rankings.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-29-2003).]

Welcome!!! ^_^v

Kana Little Sister
Tottemo Pheromone
Do You Like Horny Bunnies

Don’t mind me, Just testing.

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 10-30-2003).]

Welcome to the board, rules here are simple, BUY BISHOUJO GAMES!

as for favorites…

1) Crescendo
2) Casual Club Romance
3) Kana

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
Hmmm... I've checked your profile ScorpioMysterica, and you seem to have a lot of Interest!!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] You seem to be a very interesting character. Are you by any chance the new Mascot for Peach Princess?? And you are a female?? Right?? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Heya again ... good class. I'm back though and quite surprise at the number of response that I've gotten in that short amount of time.

Sorry to disappoint you though Dexter, I'm a 24 year old male and to my knowledge not the new mascot *lol*. I suppose the Mysterica does come off sounding rather feminine, not to mention some of my chosen "Artsy" interests... Fully male though, cursed with a Cancer Moon (intensify emotions)... Most people cried playing Kana, I think I bawled from beginning to end ... and yet, it's still my favorite game... Perhaps because of the intense emotions... (I rarely cry through a movie let along a game, but Kana sure managed to be one heck of a tear jerker... If a game can truly make me FEEL though, I consider it great personally). Perhaps because I have a little sister ... and it made me think about a lot of things. Either way, very powerful experience for me.

Thanks everyone for sharing your top 3 though... I'll look forward to hearing others opinions too. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I also had no idea Private Nurse (was that the one?) was like Casual Romance Club... you may have just sparked my interests in that game now. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

In other news, because I like Horror Flicks a friend had recommended Divi Dead (spelling?)... I was wondering how many of you would recommended it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Ok... Again, thanks for the welcome and I'll try to cut down on the questions in the very near future! :-D

[This message has been edited by ScorpioMysterica (edited 10-29-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ScorpioMysterica:
I'm back though In other news, because I like Horror Flicks a friend had recommended Divi Dead (spelling?)... I was wondering how many of you would recommended it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

The gameplay is pretty good in my opinion... It was hard for me to go back and get more than one ending though... cuz sometimes ya get stuck... and have to kinda walk around and go everywhere to find 1 event... and there are so many places to go... its easy to miss it. Anyway because you cant fastfoward though some of it... it does kinda make it a 1 time though game.. (id almost recommend a walkthrough...)(and believe me... i hate using em...)
I got one of the bad endings my first time through... (which is NOT hard to do) you need to work at it to get a good ending...)
anyway to not make this story any longer.. i STILL recommend this game if your a fan of horror games..

quote:
I also had no idea Private Nurse (was that the one?) was like Casual Romance Club... you may have just sparked my interests in that game now. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well close in my rankings at least, perhaps I misspoke and others would not agree, the format is different, but I think Private Nurse is similar insofar as it is more leaning toward romance as the means to an end, then many of others at least appear to be in my eyes where romance might be a part but sudden and intense love seem to be more of a reason two characters end up together. Perhaps I am overanalyzing I have a habit of that, or so I have been told.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Well close in my rankings at least, perhaps I misspoke and others would not agree, the format is different, but I think Private Nurse is similar insofar as it is more leaning toward romance as the means to an end, then many of others at least appear to be in my eyes where romance might be a part but sudden and intense love seem to be more of a reason two characters end up together.

Ah, I see, I mis read what you orginally had posted, my bad. Even so, you still have my interest sparked so I'll add it to my wish list. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I think I'm going to get Crecendo (sp) first though... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Look, personality and conflicts are what I’m looking for from bishoujo games.

Recently, I’m getting interested in bishoujo games involving samurai and ninja.
The samurai game that I have played is Yuki No Hana. The ninja game that I have played is Guren and Guren Tensho. Ninja girls don’t have any protective gears. The purpose of their risky clothes(risky in battles) is probably used as distraction(for men).

a) Season of the Sakura (part of JAST Memorial) :slight_smile:
b) Brave Soul
c) X-Change 2

I am WAY biased of course

Must Haves:

Crescendo
Eve burst error
Season of the Sakura

-I’d recommend Brave Soul But It hasn’t shipped yet!

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 10-30-2003).]

quote:
Greetings!

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the "community."

Hi! And welcome!!

I think the game I was most disappointed in was Phantom Inferno, for some reason it just didn't work for me (as in I just didn't find it entertaining/interesting).

I'm sorry to hear that, because i liked that game. For me it's a good psycho-triller. Maybe you missed the H** parts? Unfortunately, they were removed, all of them.

What are your three must haves? Those games that you simply think deserve either a litterary/gaming award or that you just plain found most entertaining.

Hmmmm... pretty difficult. Let me say my personal Top-5 games:
1) Kango Shicyauzo - G-Collections
2) Gloria - Himeya
3) Season of the Sakura - Jastusa
4) Three Sisters Story - Jastusa
5) DiviDead - Himeya

If you ask me my Top-10, add these games:
6) Tottemo Pheromone - G-Collections
7) Kana-Little Sister - G-Collections
8) Snow Drop - Peachprincess
9) Tokimeki Check-In - Peachprincess
10)True Love - Jastusa

Maybe i will change again this list as soon i can play Kango Shicyauzo 2, Crescendo, Come See me Tonight and Hitozuma Hime Club.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
Hmmmm... pretty difficult. Let me say my personal Top-5 games:
1) Kango Shicyauzo - G-Collections
2) Gloria - Himeya
3) Season of the Sakura - Jastusa
4) Three Sisters Story - Jastusa
5) DiviDead - Himeya

If you ask me my Top-10, add these games:
6) Tottemo Pheromone - G-Collections
7) Kana-Little Sister - G-Collections
8) Snow Drop - Peachprincess
9) Tokimeki Check-In - Peachprincess
10)True Love - Jastusa

Maybe i will change again this list as soon i can play Kango Shicyauzo 2, Crescendo, Come See me Tonight and Hitozuma Hime Club.

I don't think Hitozuma Hime Club would make anybody's top ten, but Kango shicyauzo 2 and Come see me tonight might change your list of top ten B-games!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Allow me also to welcome you,
My top three are (keeping in mind I have not played Brave Soul and when I finish Crescendo this list might change):

1 - Kana-Little Sister

2 - Tottemo Pheromone

3 - Private Nurse

I put Kana first because even with some of the endings others have hinted at I have never been so I guess you can say emotionally moved by a game before as I was Kana. I guess I should add before Kana Tottemo Pheromone was my number one. It is also true the Casual Romance Club is very close to Private Nurse in my rankings.

You seemed to have copied my top 3 B-games !!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]Only the order is Different!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

d

quote:
Heya again … good class. I’m back though and quite surprise at the number of response that I’ve gotten in that short amount of time.

Sorry to disappoint you though Dexter, I’m a 24 year old male and to my knowledge not the new mascot lol. I suppose the Mysterica does come off sounding rather feminine, not to mention some of my chosen “Artsy” interests… Fully male though, cursed with a Cancer Moon (intensify emotions)… Most people cried playing Kana, I think I bawled from beginning to end … and yet, it’s still my favorite game… Perhaps because of the intense emotions… (I rarely cry through a movie let along a game, but Kana sure managed to be one heck of a tear jerker… If a game can truly make me FEEL though, I consider it great personally). Perhaps because I have a little sister … and it made me think about a lot of things. Either way, very powerful experience for me.

Thanks everyone for sharing your top 3 though… I’ll look forward to hearing others opinions too.

I also had no idea Private Nurse (was that the one?) was like Casual Romance Club… you may have just sparked my interests in that game now.

In other news, because I like Horror Flicks a friend had recommended Divi Dead (spelling?)… I was wondering how many of you would recommended it?

Ok… Again, thanks for the welcome and I’ll try to cut down on the questions in the very near future! :smiley:

Damn! I thought we would have another “Goddess” in this BBS!!

[This message has been edited by dexter (edited 10-30-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Welcome to the board, rules here are simple, BUY BISHOUJO GAMES!

as for favorites...

1) Crescendo
2) Casual Club Romance
3) Kana

Wow !! Cresendo quickly became Number 1 in your list !!! I still don't have "Cresendo" yet,but is it better than "Kana"?? It still might not make NO. 1 on my list because as I said I prefer Light and Funny stories !!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by dexter (edited 10-30-2003).]