Delurking... new here

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
What makes me wonder is: should PeaPri still try to release Slave Bazaar or skip it and instead go for Dorei Ichiba: Reinassance?

Perhaps, we should ask first if Will would be willing to comply with this change, doing more work for the same offered price in the end? After all, localizing the expanded version means also demosaicing the h-graphics of the new scenario and all the works on the text.

After all, Slave Bazaar already has an almost insane amount of text and lots of historical references. I don't think the Renaissance-scenario will stand back behind the normal one-girl-scenarios.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Err, you know that you are talking about DVD-Player-games, right?
Well, the feature that you want will probably not be implemented until the first DVD-player with a harddrive is going to be released.

... and the PS2 with harddrive doesn't count in that matter either.

Oh yes, but I was thinking more of the game they make playable off a computer DVD drive where they can perhaps code the link to save on the harddrive, and yes I know that virtually screws the people without DVD roms but sometimes that happens, not to be cruel just to be honest.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
After all, Slave Bazaar already has an almost insane amount of text and lots of historical references. I don't think the Renaissance-scenario will stand back behind the normal one-girl-scenarios.

Probably not. And I don't think we will see "SB - Renaisannce" here, just SB. It's kind of a pity, through, since that means that we'll be missing the "group" scenario :3.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Probably not. And I don't think we will see "SB - Renaisannce" here, just SB. It's kind of a pity, through, since that means that we'll be missing the "group" scenario :3.

When is it set, without asking anyone to go into an insane amount of information that has probably been discussed ad nauseam, generally what time period is this game set?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-05-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
When is it set, without asking anyone to go into an insane amount of information that has probably been discussed ad nauseam, generally what time period is this game set?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-05-2003).]

I don't think people here will mind terribly getting to rant/ramble about [edit: Slave Bazaar]. The game has lots of fanboys/girls. I'd answer your question myself, but I dunno. All I could tell you is that the main character's only temporarily in the city (I think) and the law of the area is that no slave may ever leave. It's also not intended to be a wholly historically accurate fiction.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 11-05-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:

Er.. I dunno really when it's set. I might get an idea of it if I looked up some history books and checked a few things, but otherwise I really dunno. But of course, some fo the things in the game has really existed; The Lombardia alliance, for example, has really existed, and some of the characters have also really existed, like the Old man of the Mountain...

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I don't think people here will mind terribly getting to rant/ramble about [edit: Slave Bazaar]. The game has lots of fanboys/girls. I'd answer your question myself, but I dunno. All I could tell you is that the main character's only temporarily in the city (I think) and the law of the area is that no slave may ever leave. It's also not intended to be a wholly historically accurate fiction.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 11-05-2003).]

My knowledge of historical periods has sadly become limited to those related to the sociological field and those studied within sociology, but if I remember correctly that sounds almost Roman Empire time?

Took awhile, but I found one of the old threads on Slave Bazaar: http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000201.html It might answer some of your questions.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Took awhile, but I found one of the old threads on Slave Bazaar: http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000201.html It might answer some of your questions.

Thank you.