Demonbane Discussion (spoilers)

This place seems to be getting worse. Spoilers to not derail another thread.

If I like a character visually and personality wise over another I instinctively like their route the best. I don’t care if it isn’t the most dramatic or not, I won’t like some other route more if the girl is not appealing to me. Surely, the wording is incorrect to say they know who is the best before starting the game, but early on people are allowed to make their own decisions about how they enjoy these things.

Anyways, the game really picks up mid to late chapter 10 and I am what I’d imagine to be late 12. Took so damn long for me to enjoy it. The best character and route (lulz) is Leica. From the first few chapters I initially liked Ruri most. Did Leica route on impulse when I saw a few talking about it as first. Still, I am very surprised by how things developed.

I agree.

“Cum” means “with” in Latin, in this context, basically it means it’s both a temple AND a throne room at the same time.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cum

Thanks! I didn’t realize it was supposed to be Latin…

Chapter 9, 10, 11 (Al Azif)

[spoiler]I looked awful, but I didn’t cry… but I wanted to! I went to sleep right after it said :
Al Azif was dead.

I KNOW she will come back somehow, that’s probably what kept it from making me too sad, and there was no voice acting on those parts…
But, I thought they did a really good job with the whole chapter 9 doomsday, coup’ de ta…
I was really sucked into the pacing. Totally awesome.

The president and nuke thing was a little laughable though… poor mr president…[/spoiler]

I guess we should say Route + Chapter. I don’t mind being spoiled all that much or anything, but kinda sucks, lol.

Anyways after playing Leica’s route - I feel I would have enjoyed it more if I liked Cthulhu mythos. I had to look up if that “final boss” guy was part of it and yep, he is. Yog-Sothoth is who I mean, had to look it up. Do people that liked it prior to the game think they do enjoy it more because they know the terms?

Anyways, Leica [end] - [spoiler]I thought I was going to be pissed more and more I played during the last few chapters. I’m glad he got his final wish, but I still wonder about how things turned up. Leica wasn’t acting like a true Sister during the ending unless sisters in Cthulhu games can date, so how do people figure she ended up there? I remember something about “a sister” helped raise her when the C priestess project no longer was reality. I was thinking it is weird that some random lady would be able to take care of kids by herself until I remembered she already did it during the loop as the church was abandoned, so bleh? I really have to reread because I already forgot the reason she pretended to be a sister during the loop, can anyone help on that front and then maybe I can think about why she is still doing so?

Also, I caught the hints of a loop being in place during the game, because it was super obvious and wasn’t cryptic, and yet it still shocked me :lol: .[/spoiler]

All in all I am pleased with Demonbane. The artwork is great even though the main character’s MASSIVE PENIS kinda throws me off a bit, lol. And the characters are pretty good, too. I especially like how the whole Cthulhu mythos is represented as well. I think Lovecraft would be amused. One odd bug(?) I’ve encountered, though, is that even with 100% completion of all cg and sex scenes I’m still missing one movie (top row, 2nd). Anyone else run into this situation yet or know what the movie is supposed to be?

So… where does Conan fall in the Demonbane Universe? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re scratching your head about that comment, do a Google of Conan and Cthulhu.

By Crom, it might surprise you. :wink:

i don’t think it does fall in the conan universe the one thing the anime of demonbane had that i like was kuro’s car it was pretty cool

I thought Al’s bad ending was really interesting. It was quite impressive in how freakishly dreamlike it was, and the way the game gives you a communist choice where you eventually have no choice but to choose “and then even my despair fades to nothing” because it continually replays the nightmarish dream sequence every time you pick the other choice “I struggle to live through this nightmare”.

I’m not sure whether I like Al’s Normal or True end better. On the one hand, isn’t it sad, Ennea? and she shows up in the Normal end, but the True end just feels tighter overall.

Haven’t played the other routes yet. So, when do we get the next Nitroplus title? Are we there yet? How bout now?

When this one sells 2000 copies.

is that the truth i am not sure if they are that picky

We could kidnap Peter’s first born and hold them ransom until our demands are met. :wink:

Though seriously speaking, I would hope Demonbane sells more than 2000 copies… that would only be $79,900 before the reality of costs to get it released are subtracted. :expressionless:

I don’t know. I would think that because Jast presses physical copies, they would be selling a lot more than MangaGamer did. I would certainly hope that Demonbane would sell 2K just in preorders.

So it’s been a whole three hours since my last post. Any new Nitro+ games yet? Are we there now? Can I have my Saya no Uta please? Please?

Their most recent Twitter post suggests that something else is already in the works, or at least will be soon.

Once we beat the game and if we decide we love it; we should probably find someone to tell :stuck_out_tongue:
… hmm but who …

Anyway, time to continue the drama!

there is an incest scene between 2 of al’s sister page sets and kuro
it is in chapter 8
and i loved the Bruce campbell reference in the invader chapter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Campbell
you can’t have the necronimcon without him

Just bought my copy of demonbane. Hope to start the game soon.
Any recommended progression in terms of endings to get?
I would mostt probably fiddle around with the choices at first though before getting a walkthrough

Lieca->Ruri normal end->Ruri True end->Al good end->Al true end.

If you look for 100% CG collection, go for bad for Ruri and Al.
And walkthrough is posted in other thread.

there is no need to do leica

Yes there is.