Demonbane Discussion (spoilers)

i did al and ruri 100% cg’s with out doing the leica route

WTF? Leica sex scenes are totally exclusive to her route. When you mean by 100%, do you mean CGs for all sections?(Al, Ruri, Leica, Artifact, other.)

You need to read the Leica route for reasons that have nothing to do with CG collection. You don’t play an eroge just to get the CGs! If all you wanted to do was that, you could just grab a save file.

gotta know the entire story my friend, the entire story. Otherwise she looks interesting.

I meant if you are also interested in getting all CGs. Leica route shows background and other side story.

I just finished Chapter 5 and I’m loving it so far. So, when does the game split off from the common route and get into the individual routes? I’m totally going for Ruri.

In that scene there’s also a Phantom poster on the movie theater (and also this poster, or something extremely similar Yeah, in English…)

Get to bath scene after with Nya. The one who shows up after Nya is who you go with.

lol I noticed the Phantom music and phantom poster, I had to stop and go huh…? This sounds familiar…
That was pretty good touch xD

I missed the beer.jpg poster or whatnot… I’ll keep a look out for it next time~

It was this one, actually:

i like linger’s poster better

The first time I saw the scene I didn’t notice the Phantom poster, but second time I did. Never noticed the beer one though.

Going for Ruri next.

I figured this might be a relevant place to post this: I just remembered that soundtracks for many Nitroplus games can be purchased in mp3 at JapanFiles. Now I’m gonna listen to it while driving to work to get pumped.

Thanks a lot, this saved me a lot of time. The first time I got this scene I had the wrong girl. I totally would have gone forward without realizing it.

In an alleyway scene, there’s a similar 50s parody poster that’s blue and has the text “SLAPPING! too small to read” Plus more posters of Nitroplus games when yougo the theater with Ruri.

I know that by going through the route of one or two characters, I have a high chance of missing good routes within the game. I may leave with a bad impression of the game, but the point of me playing was for those characters. So to me, it was an overall disappointment. I usually move on because I’m behind enough that it’s likely I’ll find a game with character I like and a good story to go along with her. There’s not enough incentive for me to go through all the routes to see if I missed something good. I may give it a second chance if I hear a lot of good things about the rest, but it’s unlikely I would go back on my own.

And as for picking routes from May releases, it was a pretty boring month (not to mention the games are already released), so I’ll look at June. I have to admit that sometimes an eroge looks like it has potential to have a good story yet has seemingly completely cliche characters. The following eroge are the ones I’m most likely to try and the route(s) I would play.

LOVELY◊CATION: Aya, Misasa (if she actually has a route)
Rewrite: Ruchia, Shizuru (though I’m assuming I have to play all the routes since it’s Key)
???: Shinku, Mio
???: Sakura
???: Hanene

Why is this? I’m assuming it’s not because the writers are good and thus all the routes are likely to be good, since you don’t carry that attitude over to other similar titles. Is it because modern Key games (from AIR on, basically, so not that modern) normally force you to play most if not all of the routes before revealing the final/main stories? Because a lot of other eroges are like that. I’d be surprised if the Shumon Yuu game you’ve listed there isn’t - while he probably won’t attempt something like Asairo again, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a central story here. Sukimazakura and Irosekai might go either way.

I’m mostly just curious, since you don’t care for the other characters, why you’d play their routes just because it’s a Key game, as opposed to any other story-centric (rather than character-centric) eroge.

Anyway, thank you for the list- I’m getting at least 3 of those games myself so I’ll see how your methodology stacks up =P In my opinion, your best choice is probably for Sukimazakura. I’m equally sure that your choice for Tenshi no Hane is going to result in an inferior experience- you never know with Shumon Yuu though, but he has a habit of heavily one route, so it can be very hit-and-miss.

For those who’ve finished Demonbane, here are some youtube videos I found to enjoy reminiscing over :smiley:

?MAD?DEMONBANE??? < What the anime series could have been?

?MAD??vestige -???-??? < Goes on too long, and doesn’t quite fit the Demonbane feel, but very well timed.

?MAD? [???] ausuz < Kind of an ending song video (It goes on longer than I’d like but, it’s pretty unique)

Demonbane - Lovesongs < Fans of Al Azif will enjoy this slow AMV :smiley:

M@D DEMONBANE < Good video to show someone who knows nothing about Demonbane! Kenshin song…

AND now to entice you to want the sequel…

Demonbane MAD (nico) < …! <3

MAD ??? (Kishin Houkou Demonbane) Full < Rehash the original one more time… <3

??? OP < And lastly the video that started it all for me. <3 <3 <3

Oh, had to post this here (those that haven’t played it probably won’t love it) :
NITRO SUPER SONIC 10th ANNIVERSARY “???” -???-
Demonbane song LIVE. It’s somewhere between awkward and all kinds of epic. You don’t see this kind of thing around here…
I couldn’t help but say “Hell yeah!” when the song started xD

Here are 3 other reasons to get a friend to buy Demonbane :
1 2 3
We want moreeeeee Nitro+USA titles

[color=#FFFFFF](you may return to your regularly scheduled topic now ><)[/color]

My box edition has finally been shipped… I actually forgot I had that pre-ordered.

same with mine

Wow, I wonder why it took so long… did they already sell out their first print?

Possibly. The twitter feed says they still have some of the limited edition boxes … but if they ran out before they finished processing preorders they would have had to make more special preorder packages.