Demonbane summer 2010 release

Just a couple of words.

wwwwww me too; it doesn’t matter how much Japanese you know, it’s whether you know the right Japanese or not for the situation!

Even if you know Japanes to certain degree, it doesn’t guarantee that you will understand most of Japanese works. Problem has to do with mostly kanji. Even many Japanese have difficulty with understanding kanji. Especially, something like Demonbane where they use vocabs that we don’t use in daily life, it becomes much more difficult to understand(translate for my part currently). Though that can be said to other languages as well.

My point exactly, although turned around a bit. My Japanese grammar is pretty bad. I often have difficulty constructing sentences or understanding convoluted sentence patterns. On the other hand, I have a good memory for kanji; I’ve seen a lot of them because I play a lot of eroge and I’m also used to looking them up with skip codes and other systems in the rare case that I do come across one I’m unfamiliar with. I had no problems with Demonbane.

Kishintaido translation is about 25% done. Still much more to go, but should be finished this week if I don’t get lazy again.

“In development”

Boo-Hissss!!!

I understand. It’s been a year since they announced the official translation. So Nitro+ wants to test their new engine for Demonbane so next games will come out easier, faster and smoother. But seriously, affecting products are ready for sale?

So, have there been any official updates as to what’s going on with regards to the release of this game?

it is basically ready we have to wait for nitro+ to add the uncensored cg’s and insert the english text
but nitro+ decided they needed to move so after they get
http://www.jastusa.com/demonbane-update

I see that Jingai Makyou just got removed from the status update sticky … It’s not listed at all anymore.

Tenkuu no Yumina has been added

Have few images from prequel novel while waiting.

So…who thinks Tenkuu no Yumina will come out before Demonbane?

if it does it means nitro+ sucks at getting stuff done quickly
you can’t even pre-order Yumina yet

Jingai Makyou was added to the list of games in production based on a schedule that is no longer operative, so it’s been removed for the time being. Once Demonbane is out we’ll be working with Nitroplus to update our plans for future games from them.

On a tangent, we’re working on a pretty big announcement for December that we think will bring some joy to the eroge world (holiday pun partially intended). More info on that as the pieces are pulled together!

Also, I can confirm that Yumina will not be released before Demonbane. We’re very eager to see this first Nitroplus project complete.

Isn’t Nitro+ working on other project atm? Some new games and 3rd Demonbane(Though not taking it seriously iirc)?

good to here from you shingo and good to here game status updates as well

Since you guys have an arrangement with Pulltop, could this hinted at game be this:

http://accany.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/ … aa-review/

Does that mean the game is cancelled? On hold, but definitely 100% still going to be done? 100% guaranteed-to-be-the-next-game but only if Demonbane sells well enough that NitroPlus doesn’t pull out altogether? Or are you going to completely reassess everything and Jingai Makyou’s status is unknown?

“We” are indeed. I am highly anticipating this game. I’m a big fan of Lovecraft.

Pro-tip. The game uses lots of Lovecraft materials, but it is more about hope and love than cosmic horror and despair.
I am not saying it is impossible to like this game and original Lovecraft works. But I have seen quite few Lovecraft fans criticizing the series because it doesn’t follow the original theme. So I am giving an advice before you play this game with too much anticipation.

To be fair, Demonbane sticks to certain elements of Lovecraft works, especially in prequel novels.