Demonbane summer 2010 release

I can’t answer that, since I did download it - but I’m not going to actually read it until after I play the game.

new screenshot
http://twitpic.com/3xc6pf

I’m sorry I didn’t notice until now~

@olf_le_fol - xD No worries~
If it wasn’t for your enthusiasm towards Azifu, I’d probably wouldn’t be looking forward to Demonbane as much as I do now :smiley:

I think I better wait until I play the game first, as well…
But, wow; that was more text than I expected :smiley: I had to use a converter to see it though… (docx is MSword?)

Yes, it’s the format (Office Open XML) introduced in Office 2007. A .docx file is basically a ZIP file with a bunch of XML files in it that together describe the document.

it is a prequel so you might wanna read it before you play the game

There’s two general schools of thought on these kinds of things.

One school says that you should go in publication order. Myself, I tend to stick with this. Even though prequels technically take place before the original work, they often rely on the material that came before. The authors might not bother to introduce people since the audience is already familiar with them. It may outright spoil some of the plot of the original work by casually revealing things that are big secrets in the original. Or it just plain might not make much sense unless you know what happens later.

The other says that in-universe chronological order is the way to go. I dunno, it never seemed like this was a terribly good way to go for me. Mostly because by the time something gets a prequel, it’s usually past the first several installments, which can lead to the prequels not being as good as the originals as the creators are running out of steam. (Look at the Star Wars prequels, for instance. If the series had started with Phantom Menace, would we have ever gotten Empire Strikes Back?)

And specifically in the case of Demonbane, the prequel novel is kind of a side story-ish sort of thing. This the sort of thing tends not to have as much attention from the creative staff as the main entries in a series do, so it might not be as good as the game. So given a choice, I’ll go with the game first because it’s probably the better of the two, and it will probably make more sense that way anyway.

Many fans rate novels higher than games themselves, but it depends on your preference. Still, novels are meant to work with the games. In b4, you say they are non-canon, Yes. They are canon to the series. The creator of Demonbane confirmed that. You might tackle like “Oh there are some plotholes or contradiction.” Then again, you can’t really tackle this series in that way since this one has Cthulu mytho in background.(I mean all the madness and mindblowing stuff.) Anyway, I will work on second and third one.

Not trying to denigrate the novels in any way. I haven’t read them, so I can’t comment on them :slight_smile:

I’m just saying that I think it’s likely that the experience of playing the game might be lessened if I’ve read the book - whereas the book is written assuming you played the game already. So I’m going to play the game first.

And thank you, by the way, for going to all the effort to translate these novels. You rock.

new pic
http://twitpic.com/3xnh5i

^^;;;;;;
Contrary to common belief, I wouldn’t say that I especially hold any kind of special positive feeling of fondness toward Azifu, even though I guess I wouldn’t actually mind if someone were to suggest there might be a possibility that the idea of acknowledging she has some sort of charm has ever crossed my mind once.

Shingo, your twitpics are getting comment spam. That one’s of the “free iphone” scam variety.

that is a little funny

And more spam here: http://twitpic.com/3w99im and here http://twitpic.com/3xc6pf

You may want to just disable comments on the twitpics, unless you have some convenient way to monitor all of the images at once for spammy comments.

I am not an expert translator, so don’t expect too much :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand. And you are right. The prequel novel gives hint about the game, hence why I put spoiler sign in novel summary. And to be honest, I never played the game itself, but read 3 novels that are based on one of the routes.

NP, and stick around for more translation.

Curious. Has JAST ever planned on brining the novels?

I don’t think they would let you do this if they were. In general, JAST only does eroge. Just deviating from that to license Aselia was a shock.

Caught these, thanks. Twitpic unfortunately doesn’t have a method to disable comments completely, but they can be deleted. If it gets too bad I’ll look into other alternatives (of which there seem to be plenty).

Edit for on-topic: we don’t have plans to look into the Demonbane novels at present, though if the game does well (and I think it will!) we’ll definitely take up the sequel with Nitroplus as a potential option.

BTWn, just being mean but Shingo should change the topic’s title to “summer 2011 release”! That’d be more correct. :slight_smile:

i say spring 2011

So, I have this bridge to sell and… :stuck_out_tongue: