Demonbane summer 2010 release

…*
I like the way he draws Azifu…

I definitely prefer his style in Django, although considering it IS a later title it’s not really a fair comparison.

Mmm… as Lancer-X noted, the art is a bit aged, true, but that doesn’t bother me ‘cos that’s not too much of an issue. It’s just that some of the lines are a little “thick” and less “flowing/refined” for the intended style of art. And I like colors to be far more vivid or if not, with better contrast for stronger emphasis of segments, shapes, lines and surroundings. However, regarding the issue about “lines”: it’s somewhat balanced by how the artist used “thick lines” to “enhance” the characters’ eyes, their gestures and so on.

So yes, the art though not my style, is quite good(has good sense of anatomy, body language, decent usage of colors, etc. etc.). Meaning: it does not “suck” and it is far far away from being “terrible” since every artist needs to like… start off somewhere. After all, art as in the various mediums wouldn’t have made it up to this point if some cavemen hadn’t started scribbling away on the walls for fun.

But but… it’d really suck to not know what happened to the characters, especially if you’ve fallen in love with them. Oh well… let’s see since well… if the sequel isn’t good, then we’ll not be missing on much. I hope it works out really well for the JAST + Nitroplus partnership. Seriously.

I don’t know as I have any particular preference. The only thing that can really disturb me is when the eyes are excessively large, such as in Crescendo or Kanon (though Crescendo has some other features that make up for this).
Lancer, I must say I quite like that picture. This might sound really odd, but something about the detail in how the artist drew wrinkles in the skirt, as well as the detail in the ends of the characters hair (though where the hair meets together could use a little work) really adds to the emotion felt in looking at the character in such a mundane yet serene setting.

Shinigami no Seppun has some of my favourite art in it. While the artist is not the greatest (although pretty good) I think the ‘design’ of the CGs-- choosing what to draw, what angle to draw it from, what lighting to use etc. is just fantastic. Not a single CG is wasted

the last 2 characters were added
http://www.nitroplususa.com/demonbane/characters.html

the nitro+ usa site updated
http://www.nitroplususa.com/demonbane-news-at-ax-2010/
the next demonbane update should be at ax

Considering they’ve been trying to get it out by Comic Con, I would wager that they will be announcing Golden Master.

my cash next week is going for pre-order

Is there an estimated release date yet?

by the end of summer

There was an update on the Demonbane site, you might want to check it out.

the last update was like a week ago
the news of demonbane’s release was at AX

at ax they said end of summer at the latest

How is calling Demonbane ‘rather short’ stating the truth? How is saying that all of Amaterasu’s projects - MOON, CC, Inganock, Muv-Luv (or, in fact, any of Amaterasu’s project) are longer than Demonbane stating the truth? I mean, it’s pretty obviously not, to anyone that’s played Demonbane and the above games. Yes, true, Muv-Luv + Muv-Luv Alternative is longer than Demonbane, but Amaterasu hasn’t translated that.

True, it’s taken a while but with the amount of confusion there already is around the eroge translation scene “stating the truth” like this isn’t helping.

muv luv just finished
http://novelnews.net/2010/07/27/muv-luv … -released/
part of the release jast takes so long is the system work of localization

Muv-Luv is, Alternative is not. Muv-Luv by itself is shorter than Demonbane.

Fan translators don’t have to worry about things like the “creator’s wishes” or the legal niceties of bringing a game over legitimately. It is a bit vexing, but it’s not like Demonbane has been their only project for the past year either.

and they have 2 or 3 other projects they are working on now as well
they still have Yumina the Ethereal and Moero Downhill Night Blaze

They also have Yukukuri Panic: Escalation. The yuri game (or so their little pamphlets say). So Jast is currently working on four titles right now. And since Demonbane will probably be out by the end of august or september and downhill night blaze I’m predicting for November I see escalation being released in february or march 2011 and Yumina the Ethereal being released end of june or july.

If Demonbane succeeds I also believe they will begin working on another nitro+ title possibly two at once. I’m not sure what the deal with Cleavage is but they had plans to release it. They have plans to release Dra-Koi and Jingai Makyou if Demonbane goes well. Although considering the content of Jingai Makyou I would be surprised if it were not edited (although maybe the character isn’t that young). So two titles…although dra-koi is quite short.

I’d love to see Demonbane released and shipped this week or next but that seems to be wishful thinking.

There is also the chance that they will announce further licenses by the New Year. Who knows though.