Demonbane summer 2010 release

I’m looking forward to this game. Should be good. Let me brown nose some more. Thanks Jast, you guys do good work. (most of the time)

It is very rare for games announced by Jast to be released inside of a year from when they were announced. Especially a complex game like Yumina (complex compared to a VN, anyway). I would not expect Yumina before the end of 2011.

Hopefully Demonbane does well and we get more Nitro+ titles at an accelerated rate. (Aug/Sept is probably accurate, since they did say summer.) But where did you see an announcement of Dra-Koi? As far as I know, they’ve only announced Demonbane and Jingai Makyou.

I’m not sure on dra-koi only the other two. I saw dra-koi listed on vndb. Not the most reliable source but it is listed there that jast has hopes to release it. Who knows though.

source: http://vndb.org/p102

I think I remember Jast mentioning that they hope to release Yumina by the next Anime Expo. Now admitedly that may be wishful thinking but in the end it probably depends on if they license anything else. Blaze is scheduled for a 2010 release and considering the first series was released in December I think it may be a bit poetic to release the last game in december as well. Demonbane is a summer release so aug/sept are the only two things it could be. September is often considered fall though so I’m thinking it will be an end of august release. Other than that they don’t really have anything. They will probably have people work on nitro+ titles if Demonbane goes well and then blaze is probably near completion right now (and will probably just sit for a while until a useful time to release it…again nov/dec).

Based on that they don’t have too much. They’ve been working on raidy II, two downhill night games, and demonbane for quite some time…they may have also worked on yukkuri panic (because we keep seeing it in the pamphlet) and then they don’t have too much else. Demonbane is probably finished for the most part and nitro+ won’t give the go ahead until seeing how the sales go. There is also the possibility that they started working on Yumina before they announced it. They hope for a summer 2011 release and I think that they could do it. Although they may instead release another nitro+ title around this time and push yumina (their probably big title) towards november or december.

I suppose time will tell though.

Thanks for mentioning this one. I wasn’t familiar with it.

As for Demonbane, I predict mid September to give everyone a chance to preorder if it isn’t delayed. Sadly, the same pamphlet with YP:E says “Demonbane, Jingai Makyou and more.” They didn’t make it a secret that they cannot work on the next game until they see the results of the first and on the other hand it also seems like Jingai Makyou is all but confirmed. Never heard of what the speculative third game would be. That pamphlet has a bit to tease on the Nitro+ Coming Soon page and on the last page.

my guess is it will go gold mid-late august and ship by ship by late September at the latest by they will try to get it out before the 20th

I’m not really interested in this game but I might just purchase just to support translation…
and hopefully I will be able to play Sumaga and Muramasa in English someday…lol (in like 10 years)

Awww… Too bad there. I would have loved to see the Princess Maker series come out here too now.

i hope it is done soon because summer is coming to an end

Last I read, the translation was done a while ago… I think it’s up to Nitro+ now! [they are probably putting their JP games first…, but should be soon!]

i hope nitro+ will give their approval soon
i am getting tried of waiting

So what’s the holdup again? I thought JAST already had the rights to the game. Why do they need additional approval from Nitro+ to put the game on sale?

Hold on, don’t tell me Demonebane’s going to turn out like that other giant robot eroge (Sakegaki or something like that) that was advertised for release but we never saw. Are giant robot eroge just cursed :cry: ?

nitroplus’s engine is a huge pain. I’d almost bet that any holdup is related to that.

You mean this? Yeah, you’re probably better off without that one~

I thought JAST’s normal M.O. was:

#1: Translate the script.

#2: Send translated text back to original studio for them to insert/replace into the game.

At least, that’s how I’ve always read it to be. For example BCyc not being able to insert English into their own game engine (or something to that extent), is what lead to that bridge being burned.

So isn’t this “normal” to happen (i.e. not a sign that something is wrong, just another step to getting finished).

i just hope they get it done in the next month

I dunno. Remember how long Kazoku Keikaku took?

My understanding is the same as Narg’s. Except that then they have to playtest it.

They did say Summer 2010 in an update. Well, summer’s getting a bit long in the teeth :slight_smile: with about half a week left to announce it’s gone gold. Nothing to do but wait …

it is still summer till sept 20

September 22 or 23, again depending on the year, even.

Whoops. Well, even so, for the game to ship before the end of summer, it really needs to be done anytime now.