Demonbane summer 2010 release

now to wait for mine

Your JAST USA order is shipping (# JAST34612 )

J-List Shipping San Diego

TO:

Message flagged
Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:27 AM

Greetings from J-List…

We thought you’d like an update on your JAST USA order. The order (# JAST34612 ) is scheduled to go out to you from our San Diego office within 24 hours. CD-ROM games, T-shirts, hoodies, hats and DVD players are stocked in our San Diego location for your convenience (all other items ship out of Japan).

The address on file for shipping this order is:

If there is a problem with this order, such as an error in the address, please reply to this message and let us know what the problem is. To make sure we see it as quickly as possible, the priority of the mail to “high” so we see it right away. If there’s no problem with the order, then no reply is needed. Please note that emailing the staff in Japan with address corrections can cause delays since the order is being handled by the San Diego office.

We sincerely thank you for your order and hope to see you again soon at J-List!

The J-List San Diego staff
http://www.jlist.com

your notification email should look like this, plus your email address and shipping address…

Got mine too … Assuming this isn’t another false alarm, we should be good to go. Maybe I’ll even get it in time for ACen :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably but my recent email was on may 6th it said something like this.

"Thanks for preordering the upcoming Cthulhu mythos visual novel Demonbane, and for being so patient while we got the game ready. We wanted to clarify one point: we have started “pre-processing” the orders for the game, but it has not actually begun shipping yet. Since we have so many preorders, we’ve learned that it’s faster to prepare the postage etc. on the envelopes ahead of time to avoid delays getting the game out when it arrives at our San Diego office. We expect the game to ship next week, and we’ll make sure to rush it out to you as quickly as we can.

Thanks again for your support, and we’ll get this awesome game title out to you very soon!"

My recent email was from today in the afternoon and it said the game was shipping. I also received one of those fake I-can’t-believe-it’s-not-shipping mistaken emails. So this is the second time I’ve gotten an email telling me the game is shipping. Hopefully this time I’ll actually receive it in the mail ¬¨_¬¨

Wtf u got ur demonbane today? I don’t have mine yet! And its gonna be saturday today! ><

Misread something, ignore if you saw what was here before.

Yeah, despite being wishy-washy about it I don’t think it would be real until it is in my hands. I basically joined the forums when I first heard about the partnership and that was almost a year ago, so it was a long wait.

Went out to my mailbox and saw it. Took the package in. Opened it and saw the artbook/user’s manual thing.

It has an activation code on back.

I open up the main disk box, and… the disk was loose and moving around. It also had more scratches than a cat scratching post does. The dvd-rom drive won’t even recognize it.

:frowning:

:frowning:

All that waiting, and for what now?

A disk that won’t even work any?

if you complain they should give you a free dl version

Where do I send said complaint to?

either reply to the shipping email or go to jlist

Got my copy today and I didn’t even get a shipping email. I’m on the other side of the country from J-List, so anyone who preordered in the US probably has a good shot of getting it today.

Omg I hope i get mine today then.

unless they ups mine i wont get it till monday

Just got mine. Wasn’t even expecting it to come today.

Are you trolling? It’s a voiced game, you know- you can hear the honorifics just by listening…

If only Jast was responsible for the translation ;_;

Hahahaha. I’m not one of those people to say how horrible their translations were, I just find it funny to imagine because I am quite certain if they took the reins people would be complaining a lot more.

As for my own preference, I don’t really mind if they are there or not. I’m sure some people may be able to feel how close the characters are to each other by seeing it. I just would assume the dialogue is good enough so that people would be able to sense it without seeing it.

What is news to me is that it is partially voiced. Is it only the narration parts that aren’t voice or is some dialogue without voice?

I think if I was reading a translated work and it contained a Japanese honorific I would close it right then and there. I mean, it’s supposed to be a translation. I don’t read much that’s translated any more though. I did read JAST’s Princess Waltz and was happy with the lack of that kind of thing, so I’m not sure how JAST is “pro-honorifics”, but anyway…

There are unvoiced characters. That said, this was released back in 2003 and even a voiced protagonist was rare then, so it’s not a production value failure or anything.

how much of the game is voiced