Demonbane summer 2010 release

So I’m guessing none of the ero scenes are voiced. It at least makes it easier to skip

Of course the ero scenes are voiced. Don’t be ridiculous.

Lost track of time, after i looked up its already almost midnight XD been at it for like six hours something O-o
Demonbane frickin rocks and there’s so many surprises i didnt expect at all whatsoever. I won’t mention coz that’s be spoilin the surprise yo!

I would like to weigh in on the honorifics issue.

I perosnally prefer them, because I like the games for the culture, not just the dialogue. Also, they do offer something that the English language does not infer in addressing an individual.

To the person who claimed Persona 3/4 did not use them, you are incorrect. -Kun and Sempai were used heavily through out the games, I’m sure there were others, but it’s been a while since I played them.

I completely agree. Honorifics are for Japanese settings or fantasy settings that don’t have a real life equivalent. I don’t want to see them in Rose of Versailles, since using formal titles and ranks suit Pre-Revolutionary France better.

Guess that first one I ran into was a minor one then

Huh, you’re right, there are two unvoiced H scenes. Slipped my mind entirely.

EDIT: Make that three. This is out of 11 total.

Played till chapter 3 tonight :smiley:

Some words that describe demonbane…
Insane, epic, weird, FACEPALM!, awesome, funny, annoying, different, Azif.

I seriously had to double facepalm at one point…
It’s quite a fun ride so far though :smiley:

I WANT MORE VOICES! I am fine one way or the other… but switching back and forth is disconcerting… Guess I can’t complain… (much)
(although it would be nice if somehow we were to get the PS2 voices… even if it were an expansion or… something else)

As for errors and troubles :
I noticed several parts where I had to click more than once to continue. An occasional odd space inserted here or there… uh that’s all.

Ok, so… I posted that yesterday.
Now today…

WHAT KIND OF ELDRITCH MAGIC IS THIS?!
[size=50](Just fyi, the figure I already had. She didn’t come new in the mail today :p)[/size]

Hey HuraHara, how much that figure cost you?

The funniest is probably that he’s complaining about “losing” some flavour of the Japanese text about Demonbane, a story set in Arkham City and in the Cthulhu Mythos feeling, meaning a story that tries its best to have the feeling of Arkham, fictional city in Massachusetts.

Except that Demonbane’s culture is the Cthulhu Mythos, which is American culture-based. If the game sounds like a story out of the Mythos, it’d be closer to what it should feel than if it sounds Japanese!

On the aside, I think I should avoid this thread until I actually hold Azifu~ in my hands (well, this Azifu~). It breaks my heart to read so many people enjoying her whilst I’m still not able to. T_T

Hai nog’geb, Azifu~! Y’ulnagr r’luh shugg ch’yar! Y’vulgtm goka uaaah!

US $64,99 excl. Shipping from Ebay.
Was a trusted seller, not a bootleg and close enough to the original retail price.
Info/pictures of others here: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/104_ … ax_factory

Got a trading figure and a bootleg nendoroid of her as well (Bought the Nendo knowingly. Like hell you can get her legit for 2 bucks).
The Nendo is fun to mess around with, even though she falls apart quite easily.
I’ve dubbed her Al Derpzif :x

Though the trading one is official and all, she still looks kinda off…

I suppose that’s true. But there were also plenty of localized jokes, such as Yukari (damn, I’m even forgetting some of their names now … I guess that just means I need to play P3P soon :D) calling Junpei “Stupei”. I’m quite sure if you checked the line in the original Japanese, you’d find some equivalent pun.

Can anyone tell me how the Demonbane anime is as an adaptation?

it fails as one

Simply terrible. They took out tons of important stuff, making you wonder wth is going on.

I thought the voices were terrible when I tried the first episode. Were they different actors? They don’t seem to annoy me in the game anyways.

Considering I bought the DVD boxset, I’ll tell you a secret: Azifu~ often appears on screen.
They butchered the plot? Who cares? Azifu~ is there!
There are other characters? Who cares? Azifu~ is there!
Bad voice acting? Who cares? Azifu~ is there!
Bad CGIs? Who cares? Azifu~ is there!
I repeat: Azifu~ often appears on screen. That’s reason enough to buy the DVD boxset and often watch her… I mean, it.

This being said in all objectivity, of course, as I’m not especially a fan of her.

Hai nog’geb, Azifu~! Y’ulnagr r’luh shugg ch’yar! Y’vulgtm goka uaaah!

i liked the anime ok for the most part i will most likely not like it as much when my copy get here and jast provides a walkthrough

If I try to translate those things you’ve wrote, olf, will I get spoiled or something? Little nervous doing a search on them or running them in a translation thing.

I’m not going to use a guide for this one. Drawing out my trees and going to try it on my own.