Discipline -The Record of a Crusade- Date Set (Two Editi

The Rightstuf International Inc. added a listing yesterday, revealing the release date and two-editions for Kitty Media’s upcoming second erotic visual novel release: Discipline: Record of a Crusade. The game is set for a standalone release for $29.95 MSRP and also with a T-Shirt bundled for $39.95 MSRP. Both editions are scheduled to be released on December 18, 2007.

It may be of interest to some, that The Right Stuf International Inc. currently lists the T-Shirt bundle for only $29.96 - a penny higher than the standalone edition - as either a pre-order sale or perhaps error.

[ 09-26-2007, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

so, um, what’s Discipline about?

IIRC Discipline was made by Active Soft (the same softhouse that released the “Bible Black” game. Looks like the artwork was made by the same artist, too.), but i don’t know what’s the game about.

Well if it’s anything like the anime then it’s about a dood with a special appendage that makes girls wild And the evil student body pres trying to hoard him for herself :stuck_out_tongue:

IIRC Amorz has released the Anime DVDs that are based on Discipline, under the title Discipline: The Hentai Academy.

http://www.amorz.com/discipline/index.html

i played bible black for the plot, the art style was not to my taste (nor, for that matter, the sex). that’s why i’m trying to find out details about the story, because if it hasn’t got a good one I’m definitely not interested. :slight_smile:

I played Discipline when it came out back in '02 so I don’t recall all of the details, but in a nutshell:

It’s the story of the protagonist who transfers to a new school, coming to live in an all girl’s dorm for some mysterious reason, most of whose occupants are incredibly attracted to him right from the get-go (other than the main heroine of course, who plays hard to get).

Our hapless protagonist spends the story being pursued by nearly every girl he meets in the school, though the plot primarily revolves around the efforts of the principal’s younger sister and student council president (and family owner of the school) to get him into her inner circle and under her control (a lot like a certain story arc in X-Change Alternative…). The dorm occupants are opposed to him being seduced by the rich snooty student council president girl, and so they try to keep him from being sucked into her web.

While the Discipline story has certain unpleasant elements it’s mostly a sex comedy (and a pretty funny one at that); if you’re looking for a deep and absorbing plot it’s probably best to look elsewhere, but it’s a damn good game otherwise (huge, too - over 600 CG shots iirc).

I just wish we were the ones putting it out… XD

yeah… sounds like this would be a good game IF I liked the art style.

Actually it’s a limited time offer price which doesn’t bare on the fact that it isn’t out yet since there’s in stock items that do have a limited discount as well

Actually, I think it’s a mistake on TRSI’s part. Most DVD’s that are in “Pre-order” status at the usual 25% discount, and TRSI incorrectly lists the T-Shirt bundle as a “DVD” title as opposed to a “CD-ROM” title like the standalone edition. So because the title has been mislabeled it has been marked down with the 25% pre-order sale, and, I believe, that should TRSI relealize this the price will be readjusted to full MSRP.

The upcoming Bible Black - Double Pleasure Pack comes with Bible Black Origins so it receives a DVD discount, but none of the other CD-ROM games on the site ever receive any sort of pre-order bonus. They only go on sale during the weekly specials.

Also, here is the Japanese site for Discipline: Record of the Crusade - http://www.active-soft.jp/catalog/moreinfo/sp_discipline.html

The game’s art and story are both done by the same person who created Bible Black - Sei Shoujo (spelling?).

When I last apoke with Kitty Media during AX07 they said they were trying to get in the extra scenarios from Discipline Excellent in this release. Whether or not they did/will do though, I do not know.

[ 09-21-2007, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

From what i understand they contected Right Stuf and confirmed it. Atleast that is what a later post on their site seemed to indicate.

[ 09-21-2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

I haven’t played Bible Black based on the screens I saw of it mainly the girl getting stabbed is there anything like it in this game? Cause if there isn’t I think I might end up getting this game.

But “Discipline: Record of a Crusade” and “Discipline Excellent” are two completely separate games? Or the last is a remake?

It’s more like a renewal version, with additional stories.

Here are the story details from TRSI:

Hayami transfers to the previously all-girl university of St. Arcadia, and his once-normal life immediately takes troublesome turn. After his innocence is stripped away by strange dorm mates, a nagging two-faced friend, a nymphomaniac teacher and several corrupted sports clubs he fears that things can’t get any worse. That is, until he meets the sadistic heiress Leona Morimoto…

Will he fall pray to Leona and her perverted minions? What will fools see in the paradise of hell? Find out in this PC game from the artists that created Bible Black! Features multiple story paths and endings.

The more expensive edition of the game comes with a Kitty T-shirt and a Best of Kitty trailer disc.

Sounds like the T-Shirt will just have the Kitty Logo.

Peach Princess has added a pre-order page - http://www.peachprincess.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=KITTY002&Category_Code=BGAL

There’s a ton of info.

[ 10-05-2007, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

No surprise: I doubt ActiveSoft’s developers want to possibly have to deal with the old version when the renewal one exists and is the one currently distributed in Japan.

Kuhahahahaha!!!

Eikichi!?! Man, the guy is definitely influenced by Onizuka in some way. Same name, same look, same occupation. I am definitely getting this game.

Updated with even more info yesterday. :3

Yeah, “Ogiwara” is definitely a very close relation of “Onizuka”. Only I’m not sure they both have the same success rate when it comes to turning around wayward students… <_<;;

Heh. Still, we got a lot more entertainment on our hands now. I love the reference though.