Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2? release date posted

Just went up on G-Collections as March 23rd. So start saving your money…

Woah, that is soon on the heels of the last one, and also a week from this coming Tuesday, which seems to be a typical release time for them (Tuesday that is). Cool news though and yup time to start saving the old funds.

Wooohoo they back to their monthly releases again My CC his hurting but that’s ok I’m still getting this on the 23rd. We’ll see if I can’t get out a quickie review for this one too.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!
It’s coming out at the same time as Syberia 2. My bank account is going to wimper.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
So how many people will be needing free noodles, rice or whole wheat bread in the up coming month?

I'll be needing lots of "FREE" noodles and bread then. One month of living like a poor priest/monk, now that's dedication, wouldn't you agree? ^_^

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 03-12-2004).]

What the hell is all the excitement about?

And do you think that a shit site like AnimeCastle will have it in stock?

[This message has been edited by montana (edited 03-15-2004).]

The excitment is over another Bishoujo game being released. It is always good to see another one enter the market if for no other reason then there is another one on the market.

See it is I think a lot of our hopes that one of these someday might be the one that breaks the dike, opens the gate to Bishoujo being more ‘accepted’ by more people and therefore better money makers over here for the Japanese companies that first made them so even more games will be sent over since we don’t even get a fraction of what is out there in terms of these games.

If AnimeCastle normally carries games like this they will probably have it, if not then I doubt they will, check some of the titles of past games with them and if they have them you most likely have your answer. Either way I would watch the slight insult against such sites. They might carry games meaning they are one of the few that does and even if they don’t they do carry obviously anime, and while that is becoming much more popular over here, they are still one of the few sites that might carry that range of anime.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 03-15-2004).]

Kinda funny actually, I picked up an older issue of Push on a whim and it had a section on Bunny 2. Don’t think I’ll get a chance to translate it before I end up getting the game though…

quote:
See it is I think a lot of our hopes that one of these someday might be the one that breaks the dike, opens the gate to Bishoujo being more 'accepted' by more people and therefore better money makers over here for the Japanese companies that first made them so even more games will be sent over since we don't even get a fraction of what is out there in terms of these games.

Brave Soul did very well, from what I hear. I'm not saying it opened the market, but I'm sure it did make a bit of a difference.
quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:

Brave Soul did very well, from what I hear. I'm not saying it opened the market, but I'm sure it did make a bit of a difference.

Yes but remember, and this not to be nitpicky it is simply true, that Brave Soul was more RPG based then most if any other Bishoujo game that has been recently and perhaps ever truly been released in this market. So yes it is a help but it is also a slightly different style then most people might encounter 9 times out of 10 and from what I understand a bear to translate and other programming issues because it was RPG style.

Not saying we would but perhaps if Bishoujo games in general reach the level it is someday hoped they can reach in popularity it might be that you have more people, larger 'teams' if you will on both sides translating these games meaning it might be possible this type will be easier to bring over, but that is just my rambling opinion.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 03-15-2004).]

The current bishojo game release schedule is something of a double-edged sword, in my opinion. More games being released, very little variation in game mechanics. I feel that if bishojo games are ever to make a real impact in western markets then they’ll have to offer something more than text, choice, still image.

That is fine with most of us of course, quality of story notwithstanding, but how to convince the console owner, who for the price of a bishojo game can have a shiny new release? Or anime fans who could buy a couple of DVD’s? While not directly comparable to either medium, bishojo games do compete for the same dollar as both.

Of course, deviating from the simplistic text AVG is time-consuming and costly. But after a year playing G-Collections’ titles, my anticipation is pretty low, as if I’ve seen it all before (with some notable exceptions). I’ll still be buying Horny Bunnies 2, but I hope that the recent titles sell well enough to allow G-Collections to delve into unchartered water and bring us something we haven’t seen as much of before.

Of course the vast majority of bishoujo games released in Japan are exactly as you said text based click your choices type ADV games.

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
The current bishojo game release schedule is something of a double-edged sword, in my opinion. More games being released, very little variation in game mechanics. I feel that if bishojo games are ever to make a real impact in western markets then they'll have to offer something more than text, choice, still image (...)

First of all I guess I have to ask what other style, other then the obvious RPG, is there to these games as they are released in Japan? Are there some with the text style story base that have more action and motion to them? Sort of like Eve Burst Error but more of the 'movie' scenes or Do You Like Horny Bunnies but with it somewhere other then just the H-scenes?

Second I truly think this is an under-appreciated form of gaming as perhaps many of us seem to think. Remember it was not that long ago, well maybe it is getting there but, it was the early 1990's when this style was basically the style of game being released over here with maybe some more movement to the characters think the early point and click style games from a company like Sierra. I also think these text choice games might be slightly better then most currently released over here that are more then just point and click, that have movement because these text choice games are, in my opinion, far more story based then most of the games that involve moment in this market. To me these games in this market, and this might be a biased opinion, seem more move to shoot a target so you can move to the next level then you can move some more and shoot something else, then anything with a developing plot like Crescendo, Kana or even perhaps Come See Me Tonight all of which had some complex story plot involved.

Even if others of these games have H-scenes which seem to exist only to have H-scenes, they at least have some plot and more often then not an engaging story which is more visible then many of the recent games I have tried that are being released over here with motion. Perhaps it is partly convincing the anime fans who already are somewhat exposed to this style to try the games, but also to get people that like a fairly in-depth story and are not so easily swayed by the bells and whistles of motion, and in other words would accept a good story more then motion for the sake of motion within their games. That is probably an easier sell then any of us think if you could get some of these people to try one of the best currently in this market and have them play all the way through the game.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 03-17-2004).]

There’s a huge market for romance novels, which is essentially what many b-games are. If some clever pulp publisher could convince its audience to spend more time on their PCs, they could get them hooked on the idea of graphic novels with multiple endings thrown in for fun. I wonder if Harlequin has ever been approached with such an idea?

quote:
B-Games have a plot, I don't think the romance novels have that.

Really? Explain to me the plot of Horny Bunnies again?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
First of all I guess I have to ask what other style, other then the obvious RPG, is there to these games as they are released in Japan?

A game with some real animated scenes or sim/strategy elements would help in attracting fans, I think. Sakigake looked very promising and was something I was genuinely excited about. Even a title like Hitozuma Hime Club provides a little variation, even if it's essentially cosmetic.

Nandemonai picks up on a good point too; the plot in many bishojo games really isn't that strong or, indeed, original. Tsuku 4 had some of the dullest stories I've ever experienced in any medium, in addition to the painfully simplistic branching, which may explain my current pessimism [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Second I truly think this is an under-appreciated form of gaming as perhaps many of us seem to think. Remember it was not that long ago, well maybe it is getting there but, it was the early 1990's when this style was basically the style of game being released over here with maybe some more movement to the characters think the early point and click style games from a company like Sierra.

The early 1990's certainly are a long time ago, and an eternity in gaming terms. I too enjoy point-and-clickers but the genre is barely alive today and even the new Broken Sword game incorporated action-adventure elements (block-pushing, ugh). Many people don't care for stories in their games either, it may not be quite enough.

I think Peter did mention in an email update that Brave Soul had sold very well and exceeded expectations, despite the game being a fairly primitive RPG by today's standard. I think it shows the potential of bishojo games that deviate from the norm.

[This message has been edited by Interzone (edited 03-18-2004).]

quote:
First of all I guess I have to ask what other style, other then the obvious RPG, is there to these games as they are released in Japan? Are there some with the text style story base that have more action and motion to them? Sort of like Eve Burst Error but more of the 'movie' scenes or Do You Like Horny Bunnies but with it somewhere other then just the H-scenes?

Well, if you search carefully, you will find MANY and MANY different styles of bishojo games, other than the usual point-and-click or RPG games!

*The no-more-future-release game GUN SHIELD WARRIOR SAKIGAKE was a Robot-War Shooting game, like APOCALIPSE-DEUS EX MACHINA or DEUS MACHINA DEMONBANE (with a non-adult-version for PS2);
*The famous VARIABLE GEO series are Stripping/Fighting games (with Just-Fighting/animated versions for consoles);
*The DES BLOOD series are 3D shooting/Action animated games;
*The BIKO series are 3D stalker games;
*We have have many differents kinds of simulation, like the usual sex-training sim, market sim., hotel sim., study sim., train sim., war sim., even a flower-garden sim.;
*We have too many differents kinds of table-games, like card games, dice games or the usual strip-majhong games;
*We have full-animated bishojo games too, 2D or 3D-animated.

In other words, the japanese game makers DO make various different kinds and styles of bishojo games, that's only natural. In the game industry, you DO need to make something new or you will never sell your products.
The fact is, we don't have many acess to their most inovated games. Maybe they don't want their games translated and sold otherseas, maybe OUR game industry don't want to try something new, different; i don't know.

quote:
Second I truly think this is an under-appreciated form of gaming as perhaps many of us seem to think. Remember it was not that long ago, well maybe it is getting there but, it was the early 1990's when this style was basically the style of game being released over here with maybe some more movement to the characters think the early point and click style games from a company like Sierra. I also think these text choice games might be slightly better then most currently released over here that are more then just point and click, that have movement because these text choice games are, in my opinion, far more story based then most of the games that involve moment in this market. To me these games in this market, and this might be a biased opinion, seem more move to shoot a target so you can move to the next level then you can move some more and shoot something else, then anything with a developing plot like Crescendo, Kana or even perhaps Come See Me Tonight all of which had some complex story plot involved.

You are right. Unfortunately many gamers are just interested in SHOOT-KILL-SPANK-SLICE games, so they think READ-THINK-FEEL-CHOOSE games are boring. They want Blood, Dead Meat and make many points; no Tears, Passion, Feelings and make Love.
That's why even nowaday they think 'bishojo games' are 'hentai games', that, is, JUST-SEX-NO-PLOT games.

quote:
Even if others of these games have H-scenes which seem to exist only to have H-scenes, they at least have some plot and more often then not an engaging story which is more visible then many of the recent games I have tried that are being released over here with motion. Perhaps it is partly convincing the anime fans who already are somewhat exposed to this style to try the games, but also to get people that like a fairly in-depth story and are not so easily swayed by the bells and whistles of motion, and in other words would accept a good story more then motion for the sake of motion within their games. That is probably an easier sell then any of us think if you could get some of these people to try one of the best currently in this market and have them play all the way through the game.

Yeah.
quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Really? Explain to me the plot of Horny Bunnies again?

Well they are good romance novels and there are the 'trashy drug store dime' kind, and I am not saying that is what Horny Bunnies was just that if you want to view it that way it still had a plot. I actually think it did have a plot if you look at each girl's story as a seperate plot it had many plots.

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
The early 1990's certainly are a long time ago, and an eternity in gaming terms. I too enjoy point-and-clickers but the genre is barely alive today and even the new Broken Sword game incorporated action-adventure elements (block-pushing, ugh). Many people don't care for stories in their games either, it may not be quite enough.

I hate to think of 10 to 14 years ago as being a long time ago, yet in technological terms I guess it has been a while, but still that leaves the question of why people don't care for stories in their games? I don't wish to make judgements without facts but are they really that lazy when it comes to their forms of 'play' that they want something they can do when listening to music, watching television and eating and not care if they missed half the text if there is any text in the game?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 03-18-2004).]

quote:
(...)but still that leaves the question of why people don't care for stories in their games? I don't wish to make judgements without facts but are they really that lazy when it comes to their forms of 'play' that they want something they can do when listening to music, watching television and eating and not care if they missed half the text if there is any text in the game?

That wasn't quite what I intended to say, although I have heard people complaining about the frequency and length of cutscenes in Final Fantasy games over the years.

I meant that plot often isn't of paramount importance in gaming and I believe that to be a fair position. Nor is a heavy plot necessary for a game to be moving, as I'm sure those who have played ICO on PS2 would testify.

quote:
B-Games have a plot, I don't think the romance novels have that. [/B]

Man what kind of romance novels where you reading? Man I've read so many with good plots and storylines that I wished they didn't end. Example Alexandre Dumas. Man that guy is such a good author, you should read books like The Three Musketeers, Castle Eppstien and The Black Tulip and maybe Great Expectations by Charles Dickens but you may find it boring cause I flipped through whole chapters only to the part with Estella in them. I don't know if I would recommend The Count Of Monte Cristo cause the hero is actually trying to get his revenge on the guys who stole his happiness. Also don't just think that the movie is the same thing cause that movie the Musketeer is way different from the book and the same goes with the Count Of Monte Cristo. The books are way better with better endings.

quote:
Well, if you search carefully, you will find MANY and MANY different styles of bishojo games, other than the usual point-and-click or RPG games!

*The no-more-future-release game GUN SHIELD WARRIOR SAKIGAKE was a Robot-War Shooting game, like APOCALIPSE-DEUS EX MACHINA or DEUS MACHINA DEMONBANE (with a non-adult-version for PS2);
*The famous VARIABLE GEO series are Stripping/Fighting games (with Just-Fighting/animated versions for consoles);
*The DES BLOOD series are 3D shooting/Action animated games;
*The BIKO series are 3D stalker games;
*We have have many differents kinds of simulation, like the usual sex-training sim, market sim., hotel sim., study sim., train sim., war sim., even a flower-garden sim.;
*We have too many differents kinds of table-games, like card games, dice games or the usual strip-majhong games;You are right. Unfortunately many gamers are just interested in SHOOT-KILL-SPANK-SLICE games, so they think READ-THINK-FEEL-CHOOSE games are boring. They want Blood, Dead Meat and make many points; no Tears, Passion, Feelings and make Love.
That's why even nowaday they think 'bishojo games' are 'hentai games', that, is, JUST-SEX-NO-PLOT games.
[/B]

Ya I see what you mean. Just look at most of the games for Xbox, Sports, Multiplayer shooter games, action and violent games. This system was definitely made for the guys. But man why doesn't companies here realise more games like that like CRC where it takes some stradegy or games like Season Of Sakura where its one huge ass novel where it has alot of plot and intrigue and takes the player at least 4 to 5 hours to finish one ending. now I'd buy that in a second definitely.