Do you prefer virgin heroines?

How do you guys feel about Virgins in these games? Personally I’ve always preferred the protagonist be a virgin while the heroine actually ISNT. There’s something interesting about “reverse breaking” in games and I’ve yet to see that sort of thing happen yet. The closest I’ve come to it are double knock-outs where the girl takes the initiative. I wonder why theres such a strong avoidance of female non-virgin leads unless they are housewives? Usually if there’s a non virgin female character she ends up being targeted for SLG type games and theres rape involved. It would be kind of nice to see more games where the main character is a virgin, but some (not all, just to keep people satisfied) not all heroines are non-virgins.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, it would be interesting to see some of the girls in these games be “fair game” and not be reserved just for the main character. To get a sort of “fresh start” where the main character knows nothing about doing it and then the female character breaks him into it by taking more initiative without actually MINDING it.

[ 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Absurdist ]

No Preference

It happens in the first Do You Like a Horny Bunny. And also technically in Snow Drop, just not onscreen.

Discipline has the ‘reverse breaking’ as you put it. Though the game is more for hardcore audiences overall.

I play the dark stuff, so “sexual experience” typically means something special. I mean is she well versed with tentacles going in one end and coming out the other? Now there’s a girl I like! :wink:

I’d rather have the heroines be virgin’s in the games I play but I don’t really like blood.

[ 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

I don’t really care since both cases have potential for good characters and good stories.

No preference. It really depends on what fits with the individual character’s development and story.

This is an interesting question, but really they are two different “fetishes” so they aren’t exactly opposite sides of the same coin.

The kind with the virgin protagonist and an experienced girl is a very classic, common theme. You can see this in stories like Season of the Sakura or Come See Me Tonight (or even the famous movie The Graduate). The idea that an inexperienced hero can get “training” from an older, sexually experienced female is pretty sexy to most guys.

In games like these, the intent is that the hero will not stay with one girl, but end up having sex with other girls. It would be hard to fathom that a guy could make a girl achieve an orgasm (a de facto event in eroge) without any prior sexual experience at all.

As for deflowering virgin girls, that’s a different thing. Usually (but not always), those games involve at least some kind of romance and it’s nice to think that a girl was saving it for a guy she liked. Guys tend to think that a girl losing her innocence is a big deal, so games tend to try to make the girls virgins for that appeal.

There’s another somewhat related theme, and that’s the “older, sexually obsessed girl” in ero games. It is kind of a derivative of the sexually experienced girl versus inexperienced guy. This is the theme where you meet an attractive woman and she acts mature and proper most of the time, but deep down she’s a closet nympho. These girls will be aggressive to the point of occasionally “assaulting” the protagonist, forming a very light domination role. Other features are that they tend to have kinky turn-ons and demand multiple orgasms. Samples of these girls are like Sicile (Cecily) in Gloria, Akina in Do You Like Horny Bunnies, and especially Maria in The Sagara Family.

[ 01-07-2008, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: kasumi ]

I have no preference, too. To me, It all depends of the story/plot.

I think there are many kind of characters in erogames. Those with zero experience (virgin), Some exp. and A LOT of experience.

To have a lot of experience in sex don’t mean the character is a nymphomaniac, in the same way not having any don’t mean the character is not interested in sex. So, it all depends of the story/plot of the game and the background of the character.

Most of the time, it does not really matter but dominatrix is definitely not my cup of tea. Mostly I would prefer both sides being equal but nymphomaniacs do turn you on.

I’m not really big on one or the other. However if we’re going to be on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, I’d prefer the girl to be pure, rather than a nympho slut who probably gives the main character herpes or something.

I don’t have any preference. :slight_smile:

Immortal words to live by:

Sheer genius I tell ya. Wiser words are rarely spoken. :stuck_out_tongue:

Me I’ve No Preference whatsoever, but I’ve laughed at your “immortal words” :smiley: .
What about:

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

A fellow OoTS fan, I presume? :wink:

[quote]
Originally posted by Gaius Maximus:
[b]A fellow OoTS fan, I presume? :slight_smile:

I have no preference on this one.

We…have no definite preference…
Though we loooove…seeing blood…
But I guess that’s in a different manner…
Sure, seeing decapitations everywhere and laughing at fresh blood spilling and sometimes splashing all around you…is truly amusing…
And their dying wails is like music to one’s own ears…is definitely a work of art… Ne…? :wink:

BTW: In the case of introductions… Wonder what happened to the “Getting To Know Eachother” thread…? :confused:

Yeah, i can imaginate… you hate to see blood… specially YOURS, when the people inside your van untie themselves and grab your collection of knives to “thank you” for your hospitality. :stuck_out_tongue: