Dorei Ichiba anime - Slave Market in Anime 18 catalogue

Hi all!

According to AnimeonDVD, Anime 18 will be releasing Slave Market in Spring 2004. Taking a look to the catalogue, the girl in the cover looks a lot like Cecilia and, almost at the end there is another girl that looks a lot like Mia (?). Can this be the anime based on Ruf’s game released in 2002?

Yes, those are the Dorei Ichiba girls. So, it’s finally been licensed?¬°@That’s good to know.

YAY!!! Finailly!!! Slave bazaar, slave bazaar!! runs through like a very-very happy Uni would do.

calms down a little The happiness aside, this will probably be the first ever adult anime I’m buying ^_^. and it’s kind of fun that these news would reach me the day after I got Slave Bazaar - Renaissance .

So is this actually a DVD based game or does Anime 18 even release DVD based games?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-16-2004).]

No. It’s an OVA based off the game. There is a DVDROM version of the game, though.

Ah okay so this is the anime, okay I remember some talk for a while that the game might be translated and that is what I thought was going on here, still cool it’s the anime.

Ahhh so that’s actually the OVA for Slave Bazar? Sweet, looks like there’s going to be a couple of Anime 18 dvds I’m getting this year

Ahh… I do notice that the anime “stepsister”, an anime based on one of the games from Selen will be released, as well as the anime version of Blood Royal… Omoshiroi!

Actually found links to the japanese sites to some of those A18 releases and the chara designs are looking more and more bishoujo game like which is good since I like bishoujo game character designs Man looks like I’ll be getting more hentai than I thought this year

Hi all,

I received today my copy of Dorei Ichiba OVA (translated as Slave Market) and between ROD TV, Flutter of Birds or ComiPa TV, I decided to watch this one first. As you can imagine, this quick look contains spoilers, so, caveat emptor.

Now, before continuing, I haven’t played Dorei Ichiba nor Dorei Ichiba ~ Renaissance, but at least, I do know that the OVAs are based on the game. If you want to check more info posted previously regarding Dorei Ichiba (specially the endings and the plot), you can check them here and here, specially posts from Orochi.

The anime feature the three girls, Bianca, Cecilia and Myia (in this order). Each OVA goes through each girl, how Casius (the main “guy”) got to know each girl. The girl in the cover is Cecilia and, needless to say, it makes quite an attractive cover. Some sex scenes are consensual (for example, one from Cecilia), but they are mostly rape. On the plus side, the anime is not 75% dedicated to sex scenes as it had some plot, but, unfortunately, it contains scenes that are, well, in my opinion disgusting (defecation and urination, et al).

As for the story itself, it started OK, but from the second half of the Cecilia’s story, it went downhill, as Casius himself admits. Since I am a sucker for jun’ai and/or ren’ai endings, I was hoping for such an ending, but alas there was no chance it would happen [specially after watching Cecilia’s episode where she protects him and says “He (Casius) might be a bad man, but there was a time he was kind”]. At the end, Casius was killed in such a horrid way, that I will have to say he deserved it.

Putting the story aside, as a plus, they have the intro of Dorei Ichiba (the game), “To Lose to Amber” and I’ve is credited for the endings (there were no intro for the OVAs). As you can imagine, there is no reference of this anime being related to a game. In fact, I am relieved that they DIDN’T mention it was related to the game (sure, according to Orochi, it has jun’ai endings, but there are more bad endings than good endings…) as people might get the wrong idea. If the game is ever released to the English market, I might think about getting it or not. If the anime is a reflection of the game, I might end up not getting it (as a side note, I haven’t purchased Gibo, yet).

Conclusion: putting the game aside and judging it only as a stand-alone anime, I would say it is above average to other anime like this one (hey, at least it had some plot). However, elements like defecation and urination might turn some people off…

[This message has been edited by fxho (edited 07-27-2004).]

So, I may assume that the anime doesn’t show anything of the brilliant researched historical background that is a main part of the story in the game, right?

When I saw the anime-DVD in my comic shop, I took a short look on the backside and decided that the graphics (as usual) are by far inferior to those inthe game and left it there. Apparently, I didn’t miss too much and ought to play the game instead.

quote:
Originally posted by : fxho
If the anime is a reflection of the game

It's not, at least not in the way you describe. There are bad endings there, yes. Some ends with Cassius dying, some ends with the girl dying or taken away from Cassius then there are some good endigns too, but as I've not yet seen all of them, I can't really say anything. Besides, it'd be a spoiler, ne? ;p

Regardless, I shall think of whenever it'd be worth to get the anime or not.. :/

Is anyone still watching this thread? I saw the anime too, it was great! Well, untill Cassius flips each time and rapes the girls. Stupid ending too, on the battlefield. But i guess they had to keep it short for some reason. I wish i could play the game… Hey Sakamoto, do you have the Japanese version?

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-01-2005).]

Is anyone watching this thread…probably not. Also, I’ve been here several months, and I’ve never even seen Sakamoto.

Heh well he does post here from time to time. He also posts in AnimeonDVD so I see him a little more often. Don’t have the game but maybe by a miracle PP will be able to localize it since it’s a crowd game.

Didn’t PP already announce that Slave Bazaar was canned or something due to lack of support?

Lack of support? My ass, erm… That’s not possible… All their time (PP) just went into My Maid, but now they are done, so… on to the next project. They just announced a little much at the beginning of PP, more than they could handle. So, on to Slave Bazaar. Besides wouldn’t it be nice if the game was released here too, since the anime also did… Where do i donate money?

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-01-2005).]

Well that’s what i meant, they should skip the original and translate Renaissance. And uh… i guess you don’t mean it this way, but Slave Bazaar is owned by RuF

Check this mini thread some time ago regarding Slave Bazaar and why it might not get translated. If it is still true, well…

[This message has been edited by fxho (edited 02-01-2005).]

Slave Bazaar is owned by RuF. But indeed they are under Will’s hood. Like EAgames, they have multiple studios too. I have never heard about some lawsuit or “might-not-get-translated” about Slave Bazaar.

The mini thread is just about someone asking who made SB.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-02-2005).]