Downhill Night...that was fast.

Most likely. 64-bit XP in general has terrible 32-bit compatibility in addition to terrible driver compatibility and other issues. It’s not a good general use OS.

Just preordered mine

Damn, I still haven’t had time to play the 2nd game in this series…

Well, got the game and I decided to try he arcade mode and see how it plays using the keyboard…someone please tell me there’s a way to cheat!!

Oh god, is it that bad? I hate racing games so so much.

Admittedly I’ve only played arcade mode just to see how the racing worked and I kept crashing into things. I can only hope the story mode has mercy on me since I don’t see an option for an easy mode. Then again I’m using the keyboard for control

That’s what I’ll be using too, so I hope the story mode is more forgiving.

Funny how the advertised “actual racing gameplay!” made me even more reluctant to pick it up.

So why was this released if it isn’t 64-bit compatible? Is it a case of “we already spent this money on licensing and partial tranlation, we might as well try to recoup some money out of it?”

what are you talking about?

If you’re referring to the lack of Windows XP 64-bit support- that should be a dealbreaker for almost nobody and given the platform’s terrible support for pretty much everything else. Less than 0.1% of Windows XP users are using 64-bit.

If you’re referring to the fact that the game wasn’t released with a 64-bit binary, neither are most modern PC games. In terms of eroge the only games that ship with 64-bit binaries are modern Purple Software titles (which ship with both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.) 32-bit binaries are still perfectly compatible with Vista and 7, 32-bit and 64-bit.

We tested it and confirmed that it works on 64-bit Vista, 7, and 8.

My copy of blaze come through this morning, but I’m not sure if the lack of any code included with the game means that I’ve just spent ¬£17 on a game that I can’t play.

Well it has turned into an unplayable game since it’s complaining about a missing file, and if it still complains after I’ve done a reinstall of directx then this is definitely ¬£17+ waisted on a game that I can’t play.

It turns out that several components were missing from my computer as I ran the directX web installer, and it downloaded a shedload of SDK related stuff including the file that was stopping blaze from running (I really hate fullscreen startups).

I just have to hope that this doesn’t happen when I install it on my laptop which has windows 8 installed.

Hi.

So how do people think about the driving and racing part, is it hard (particularly in story mode)? I’m asking this because I am a fan for visual novel with gameplay but not proficient in driving simulation. Can anyone perhaps compare this to the likes of Gran Turismo (I’ve tried the fourth installment for PS2, never passed qualification to race though) or Need for Speed?

Any hints will be helpful, thanks.

Played some of story mode and so far the races are pretty easy

Just got this, and now I gotta do ANOTHER round of name changes/fixes. This might push me to at least attempt to finish the editing work I did on the second game (left in limbo for almost 2 years now).

EDIT: So poking around in the script, plus a few tests in episode 2 reveal that your choice of sponsor determines what car you get. They are as follows:

Rinka/Komachi (she branches off from Rinka’s route): Subaru Impreza WRX STI (GDB-F)
Tomomi: Nissan 350Z (I’ll keep its original JDM name of Fairlady Z in the updated script)
Reiko: Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)
Kei: An original mid-engined GT concept.

EDIT2: Got the hang of figuring out how the engine sounds work for this game. Basically, there are 3 wav files under the RACE folder. One (F1) is for an open-wheel racer, one (gasturbin) is for some super car I keep seeing in the pack, while the last one (engine_top) is the one used by every other car in the game. Each one is basically a short, steady, high-pitch tone, representing what the engine would sound at its rev limit. The game then alters the pitch of this file as needed according to engine RPM. I was able to record 3 new samples for use within MDN Blaze, with the help of Automation. However, to get the game to read these new samples, I had to alter, within the race scripts, the name of the sound file to reference, and these race scripts are packed within the >300MB system.pkd archive (thankfully the regular VN scripts are in a separate archive this time around. If I were to simply link a RAR with those new sounds, they’d be useless without those script edits. If anyone’s interested, gimme a shout via PM. Just be prepared to do a bit of work on your end.

Thanks for the info, I’ll probably order around the next payday then.

Guys, I’ve figured out what’s causing voices to “cut off” for certain lines. I’m gonna quote a post I made elsewhere.

"In the script, a lot of the lines are set so bits of them appear on each mouseclick (some lines are split into at least 3 parts). This is because the voice files have been broken up into chunks, and these split functions are necessary in order for all the voice files to play for that entire line. The issue that’s causing a “cut off” is that some lines that have multiple voice files DO NOT have splits in the text, thus causing the entire line to display all at once, while only playing the FIRST voice file. "

My Unofficial patch has been released.

Check my twitter https://twitter.com/HashiriyaR32 for links.

EDIT: Just so I don’t double-bump…

http://kotaku.com/5974022/a-game-with-f … ornography

This isn’t the only JAST game that does this. Let’s Meow Meow and Yin Yang come to mind.

Patch posted to fix missing voices and other issues. Please download at http://jastusa.com/moero3/patch/moero_d … e_1_01.zip

Thanks to HashiriyaGDB for his work on the patch.