Downhill Night...that was fast.

Maybe they just forgot to remove files before building the script package. Certainly not as bad as GIGA, who left source files to their binary script files as well as a compiler in their script archive.

As a software developer, I can attest that this is exactly the kind of problem that is very easily missed and quite likely to make it to production (which is what happened here).

It’s a harmless bug; it’s just an extra file that isn’t being used by the application. It won’t crash the application, it won’t cause the portions of the game in question to display in Japanese, it literally has no effect. It doesn’t break anything, because it’s probably not even being opened by the application and read from. The only way it could be a problem is if the disc were to become full and they had to delete files to make space.

Given that there’s no symptoms from these files being present, the only way they would be discovered is if the developers were to go and inspect their build image and manually look at each file.

As for how it got there, I can speculate: maybe one of the programmers wanted to have the original Japanese version and the translated version side by side. Say they were investigating an engine bug that behaved differently when the script file was in English, and wanted a way to switch back and forth easily so the engine could be debugged. The developer fixes the bug, then forgets to delete the extra files.

Sadly, Rinka said Asagiri and she wasn’t saying bye to herself… Plenty of name errors in this game, I just wanted to cite that one because it felt a little face-palmy. I don’t think I’d want resources to be taken away from other projects, but little things add up. I am a little glad I can’t understand Japanese nor know much about cars after the things explained here. Ignorance is bliss?

Shiiiiit, I remember running into one of those. Thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: Remembering that you ran into something, and remembering where it was seem to be 2 different things >_< Where did you enoconter that and what episode was it?

#8 - After selecting Tomomi

Tomomi, Akito and Keiichi see Rinka then Keiichi tries to hit on Rinka. When Rinka leaves she says the quote.

Found and fixed.

I’ll send you the updated package once I finish tonight’s round of edits.

Also, there are instances of text in-game that get scrunched. This is caused by the game not recognizing 2 consecutive spaces and thus acting as there was no space at all.

I am fine with the original unless some official patch comes out. If I run into anything that pops out that much I’ll cite it in the future. Must be nice knowing how to fix the name glitch though. Those always ruined the flow of the story as I’d question why it was as it is instead of continuing to read.

So, someone at Kureha requested a list of characters and the cars they drove. I decided to dig out the old MDN car profile txt, and added the MDN2 info to it. While trying to add info on one of the cars, I just realized that what I THOUGHT was an error by the original script writers turned out not to be an error after all.

To reiterate: In chapter 5, Akito asks Shuuji what cars would have quad round headlights. He cites the ST200 series Toyota Celica, and “old Integras”. As it turns out, it wasn’t just the North American Acura Integras that had the quad lights. They were also on the JDM and other overseas variants of the Honda Integra until 1997, when those variants switched over to the conventional low-profile lights that you see on Kawasaki’s DC2.

Anyone know how to unlock the page 5 - 4th, 5th and 6th 0/1 CGs? I’m guessing I just have to always spend time with Komachi.

can anyone list the real world versions of each car and has anyone play blaze

Here ya go. A little reference text file. Granted, it’s not the big one that I’m still working on, but it’s better than nothing.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y074v6

And no I have not played BLAZE.

komachi is winnable in in blaze and you get a real h scene with her

OK, this is the plan: Demonbane, President, then Aselia. But what about the third Downhill Night game?

then there is Yumina the Ethereal by con season

Anyone besides me catch the DB+DBZ references in Reiko’s route?

Well not me because that’s the only route that I haven’t played, nor did I catch it when I skimmed through the scripts for that.

Thought I might mention Rightstuf is having a sale :

Hot Hentai Game Holiday Bundle 1 Adult - 29.99$ (hardcopies)

Downhill Night
Downhill Night 2
and
Tokimeki Check In!

If I didn’t already have them…

gold at last http://jastusa.com/blog/2012/10/29/moer … en-master/

I’ll wait until I hear about how the racing is. I hate racing games and if there’s not an easy button I’ll probably pass.

when it says 64bit xp not supported… does that then mean that 64bit Vista and 7 is supported?