Eroge Review

Despite the name, it’s remarkably bara-free =P

:smiley: Thank you very much for your work :smiley: , but I also think that a certain review starring your “mascot twins” is long overdue :wink:

http://s.vndb.org/sf/29/21929.jpg

I know =3 but BL is BL and I’ve heard Narg talk up the title before so I’d love to know more about it. “The Rose Blooms by the Rose Tree” is one of those titles that you know is good but despite that, other titles are spoken about and reviewed more due to name value. Out of curiosity Narg, are you gonna include the main game + fandisk in the review or just the main game?

Turns out Wordpress isn’t a POS after all. Someone told me how to recover vanishing posts.

euphoria

They’re mine! I’m not sharing! :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes… I should write a review for that game.

The main and fandisk combined. Back then, a fandisk for Cyc was cut material that didn’t make it in time for the deadline, so playing them got you the full experience.

Hey Narg are you still reviewing eroge?

I know you said you couldn’t because of your job, but I wonder if that’s changed. If so, I’d like to request that you review one of the Vanadis-soft games. preferably one of the first two, since those are my favorite girls. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

If we’re throwing in requests…
We never got a BL review :slight_smile:

‘Shingakkou -Noli Me Tangere-’ is rated the highest BL title overall on the Japanese side, perhaps you could take a look at it?
It’s pretty dark and has BL twins.

Opening movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROJElqtrp0

Unfortunately, the site is on hiatus until I finish my ren’ai project. :frowning: On the positive side, said title is progressing very rapidly and a demo is definitely on the horizon (and the official site for it is just waiting for a few more illustrations from the artist). That being said, Eroge Review will probably still not see an update after I finish my ren’ai, for the simple reason that I promised to help someone complete their own ren’ai for the assistance of working on mine.

I do intend to get back to the site one day… but I don’t think it will be anytime this year…

???

Narg, whatever happened to your Devil Devels Concept review? I can’t find it on the site anymore.

The review was taken down, because I screwed up and got DDC partly mixed up with another eroge. Someone pointed out the error to me, and wondered if I was intentionally doing it as a bad joke.

I kind of wonder if that happened here too. Although the review ‘worked’- it interested me and got me to play Aster, and I thoroughly enjoyed it-- it confused me a lot when the Saya/Saki scenario didn’t seem to match your description of it, like you got it confused with FutaKoi at some point.

It’s the unfortunate side effect of playing multiple eroge at once, watching several daily anime episodes, taking screenshots of eroge for a future review, then writing a review weeks/months later based off memory without replaying the eroge to recap. Sometimes the stuff just blurs together… :frowning:

I’ve long since changed my bad habits with that, but the irony is, I don’t have as much freetime as I used to, so I can’t take advantage of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Irony, really. My Japanese has only gotten to the point where I can actually finish eroges fairly quickly without needing to scan through them recently (as in, past 1-2 years) roughly coinciding with the evaporation of my free time available for playing eroges! When I first started I had all the time in the world; if I had that kind of time now I’d be finishing two eroges a week, but no.

I am still thankful for the review, though, as I probably wouldn’t played Aster (or Colorful Box or Kimi to Koishite Musubarete, which shares universe and character overlap with Aster) if I hadn’t read it.

Does anyone know what happened to Narg’s review site?

I’ve tried accessing the page,but it refuses to load.Is this some kind of HTML error,or has Narg actually taken it down?

It seems sad to think we’ll never get another Narg review ever again. :frowning:

Site seems to load just fine, but “show source” reveals a blank page. I think it’s down.

He hadn’t written any reviews in a long time, though. Before he left the country. (Whatever happened with that anyway? He showed up “for a break” and was supposed to leave again, but seems like he didn’t.)

The site was coded for a PHP version (I forget exactly which) that Dreamhost stopped supporting because of Heart Bleed. They forced an update to 5.4 some time ago. Because I never got around to recode the site, it’s permanently broke. Matter of fact, I can’t even get to the admin console because so much of the site is screwed. Would need a total slick and reload, plus creation of a new layout, and somehow upgrading a backup to the new version. Sadly, all that would be very time intensive… and I just don’t have the time for it. :frowning:

Yea… that’s pretty much the case for the foreseeable future. I still play the occasional eroge here and there, but I’ve never felt the same since Black Cyc went away. Other companies that I tried using to fill the void were mostly one-hit-wonders or never evolved beyond making violent eroge that were simplistic plotlines. Sure, there’s stuff like Euphoria once in awhile, but those are the “here and there” games I play. I used to play half a dozen titles at once per week… now I’ve been playing through only two titles for the last eight months. Ever since my favorite studio left the scene, I’ve found fewer and fewer reasons to stay heavily interested.

Since the project is over, I guess I can mention it a bit… Country was South Sudan. Was part of a US government envoy doing nation building. My efforts in the project was aiding in building network backbones for the new nation (computers for power plants, telecommunications, etc). Basically we were trying to make a third world country, less third world. Long story short: war, disease, Republicans pulling funding, and America is interested in other parts of the world right now. Also, because shitty warlords are assholes to their own people, some of the network infrastructure we setup was destroyed or torn down and sold on the black market. So yea… wasted government effort. No point in going back.

After getting back, I worked on a few personal projects, and then got a job working for a Japanese firm translating tech manuals into English and Korean. Pay is great; workload is horrific.

On the bright side, I do manage to somehow squeeze time once a week to work on my visual novel, but it’s so brief my time tables keep getting pushed back.
Good news: all the story, dialog, artwork, and music were finished quite awhile ago. Bad news: script fixing and coding is a real bitch.

There won’t be VA’ing though… ran out of money for that. :lol:
If it turns out to be popular, maybe will do a Kickstarter for adding that… or even having a few of the support characters winnable as well. That last part was a complaint both alpha testers made an issue over. However, I didn’t want to go back and reedit the script and add even more artwork, which would have made the game vaporware (again… lack of money). Personally, I feel the girls who are winnable should be enough… but I guess I made a few support characters a little too adorable.

Game will still be free as originally promised. 8)
If for some crazy reason I can’t finish it, I’ll just dump everything I have as open source and let someone else finish it if they want. Not at that point yet though…

Called Dreamhost this morning and told them what happened. They said they’ll try to fix it. We’ll see what happens.

Site is back up.I don’t expect Narg to start churning them out,but hopefully he’ll review a few more titles.His reviews explained why I liked Black Cyc better than ever could,and one of them even got a guy to express interest in playing MinDeaD BlooD so hopefully he’ll get to it one day as he learns Japanese.Hoping for success of Sol Invictus,as well as a Narg review of Corpse maid,and maybe some Vanadis titles.