EVE

Just so everyone knows, it looks like C’s Ware is releasing Eve burst error plus on Windows PC. From what I could gather from the website, it looks like it’s going to be the PC 98 version of the title with the nudity. Here’s the link if your interested.

http://www.csware.co.jp/products/eve/main.html

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

wow that’s really good. The eve series is one of my favourite… But sadly only two of them that are translated to english … Can we ask PeaPri to translate the other Eve series (Eve zero, Eve lost one, Eve fatal attraction, and also this new Eve) I really like to see how the story goes

Well, the problem is, Peach Princess doesn’t have access to all the companies; so they can’t just translate anything they want to, the companies aren’t that interested.

I don’t have tons of time right now, or else I could explain more; do some digging and you should be able to find older threads on the subject.

Bizzare, they are releasing Etsuraku no Gakuen along with Eve? That game was terrible. I gave it zero stars, it was that bad.

yes, that’s the sad thing… Well I just hope someday, that eve series going to be translated to english, I really wants to know the whole story about EVE.

quote:
Originally posted by jafa:
yes, that's the sad thing.. Well I just hope someday, that eve series going to be translated to english, I really wants to know the whole story about EVE.

You may hope, but chances don't look too good after himeya closed it's american office...
I am afraid we are not going to see any more localizations of C's-games in the near future. I want to thank our friendly pirates again for these great developments! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Of course some of the most pirated music is from europe. That’s why Germany has so many crackdowns and were one of the first countries to use all those wierd copy protections on their discs.

I’ve never really had an opportunity to check out the EVE series before but i have heard a lot of good things about it. Could anyone kinda give me an explanation about it

quote:
Originally posted by cdog21:
Could anyone kinda give me an explanation about it

Try the reviews of EVE Burst Error and Adam: The double factor at Ladyphoenix-sama's website.

The EVE-series consists (as far as I know) of five parts:
EVE Zero
EVE Burst Error
EVE: The lost one
Adam: The double factor
EVE: The fatal Attraction

I myself thought I could skip EVE Zero until I recently learned about that CARNELIAN was in charge for the graphics in this part...
EVE Burst error summarizes the events from EVE Zero quite well as far as they are needed to understand the story. Also its ending is a real ending that makes you feel that the story is finished (even if a few questions remain).

Adam: The double factor on the other hand makes only unresolved backreferences to its prequel EVE: The lost one and ends in a cliff-hanger that is going to be resolved in EVE: The fatal Attraction. But frankly, I see no chance of getting that part ever localized to the english language.

As things now are, I can only recommend to play EVE Burst error. Thanks again to all the pirates... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 09-30-2003).]

Yeah just play eve burst error, because adam ends in a cliff hanger and you’ll end up pissed like me not being able to continue the story

Yeah, it saddens me too that C’s Ware is not going to be publishing any new games. I emailed them a while back about the images on my site, and they said as long as I mention they are C’s Ware and Himeya Soft copyright that’s ok. When asked of the possibility of translating more games, there response was sorry, they no longer will be publishing any more Bishoujo games. That’s a bummer.

Chikkyu o mamoru tame ni looks hilarious, I really want to play that.

I thought Eve fatal attraction also contain both story from Adam the double factor and the continuation of adam.

This is sad , I really do hope these series going to be translated.

Just to let everybody know that the EVE Site has been updated and it’s also available for preorder from Himeya! (It’s not due out until November, but I’ll let you all know how it is since I’m going to get it)

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

Yeah this new eve looks like a remake using the more modern graphics seen in Adam the double factor and such.

I am probably one of the greatest fans of the EVE series. Owning both of the english games I was EXTREMELY disappointed that I couldn’t see The fatal Attraction.

I find it absolutely apalling and disappointing that I cannot finish such a powerful, not to mention one of the most interesting plots i’ve ever seen in b-games.

As far as I know Eve ZERO is just a bit of a prequel to the events of Eve Burst Error. And Eve the lost one was kind of a disconnected sequel to eve burst error. Hardly anything much to worry about but if you’re a fan like me than those 2 are definitely a must.

I honestly wish someone could just address the growing demand for TFA. It’s just absolutely stupid not to continue it leaving the fans on a cliff hanger like that. We honestly don’t deserve this.

quote:
Originally posted by Absurdist:
Yeah this new eve looks like a remake using the more modern graphics seen in Adam the double factor and such.

I am probably one of the greatest fans of the EVE series. Owning both of the english games I was EXTREMELY disappointed that I couldn't see The fatal Attraction.

I find it absolutely apalling and disappointing that I cannot finish such a powerful, not to mention one of the most interesting plots i've ever seen in b-games.

As far as I know Eve ZERO is just a bit of a prequel to the events of Eve Burst Error. And Eve the lost one was kind of a disconnected sequel to eve burst error. Hardly anything much to worry about but if you're a fan like me than those 2 are definitely a must.

I honestly wish someone could just address the growing demand for TFA. It's just absolutely stupid not to continue it leaving the fans on a cliff hanger like that. We honestly don't deserve this.

Yes, but Himeya and C's Ware don't deserve the out and out piracy of their games.

------------------
"His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man." Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

Would anyone be able to point me to a site that has EVE Zero and Eve Burst Error (The original, i heard EBE+ was chopped up or something like that). I have been to a couple of sites but they only have EBE+ or it’s just the only one they advertise.

quote:
Would anyone be able to point me to a site that has EVE Zero and Eve Burst Error

Try atthe people, that made thje game: C's (=Himeya)
Alas, EVE Zero is only available in japanese...

quote:
(The original, i heard EBE+ was chopped up or something like that)

Do you mean with "chopped" that the h-CGs have been removed and the h-scenes that didn't really help the plot much have been shortened?
In that case, yoiu are looking for the japanese PC-98-version of Eve Burst Error, because all later versions were this way.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Yes, but Himeya and C's Ware don't deserve the out and out piracy of their games.

Yes I aggress with that, but having not translating their game into english doesn't mean it won't be pirated.

quote:
Originally posted by jafa:
Yes I aggress with that, but having not translating their game into english doesn't mean it won't be pirated.

That's probably right: Japanese games might be pirated on the web too. But at least there is a smaller audience that bothers to learn japanese just for playing a downloaded pirated game. The demand for pirated versions of demosaiced and english translated games is considerably bigger.
So, I think we can savely assume that it is going to be less pirated than the localized english version.

At least, C's can save the efforts that they would have to put into a localized version this way. They didn't withdraw without a reason. I suppose, their efforts never really payed of and thus threw in the towel.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
That's probably right: Japanese games might be pirated on the web too. But at least there is a smaller audience that bothers to learn japanese just for playing a downloaded pirated game. The demand for pirated versions of demosaiced and english translated games is considerably bigger.
So, I think we can savely assume that it is going to be less pirated than the localized english version.

I don't think this is really as cut-and-dried as all that. There are far more CG posting sites that post rips of the game CG. You don't even HAVE to be able to understand the game. Certainly the whole game itself will be pirated MUCH more frequently, but that's only a portion of the whole piracy picture.

However, in general, it probably is still true that a game with an English version will be pirated more; it won't really have any effect on Japanese piracy sites, and it will probably even make the CG site rounds more often, if it's been ported to English, simply off the name recognition alone.