Favourite Eroge Themesongs

They can be OP songs, ending songs, insert songs, whatever. Here’s mine:

#5: Tori no Uta, opening song from AIR
#4: Endless ripples, ending song from Mugen Kairou 2 ~Rasen~
#3: Lilith, opening song from Tenshi no Tamago
#2: Sayonara wo Oshiete, ending song from Sayonara wo Oshiete ~comment te dire adieu~
#1: FREEWILL, insert song from Sekai no Subete ~remind of you~

Very difficult to narrow it down to five, but after a few minutes thought…

1. (by a very large margin) Tsuioku no Hahen (Doko e Iku no, Ano Hi opening song)
  2. Carnival (CARNIVAL opening song)
  3. Endless ripples (Mugen Kairou 2 ~ Rasen ending song)
  4. Hoshi ni Omoi wo Yoru ni Negai wo (Yumemishi opening song)
  5. Close Your Eyes (G-Senjou no Maou insert song)

Narrowing it down to five, eh? This is going to be tough.

In no particular order:
[list][]TIME - Ashita no Kimi to Autame ni OP[/]
[]SHOOTING STAR - Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni OP2[/]
[]eternal recurrence - Hoshizora no Memoria OP[/]
[]Red -reduction division- - Kanojotachi no Ryuugi OP[/]
[]Mirage Lullaby - SHUFFLE! OP [/][/list]

Not exactly in order

Find the Blue - Ch‰oS;HEAd opening
Dai 2 Button no Chikai - Da Capo opening
Dream -The ally of- - Da Capo ending
Ougon no Kagayaki - Fate/Stay Night RÈalta Nua opening
Yami no Kanata ni - Aoishiro opening

On the other side of the coin, has anyone come across a ‘worse’ themesong than Nega0’s Negative Zero Paradise (leaving out doujin games and the like, although I think there’s a clear winner in that category as well). In this case, I’ll link to the OP as it comes with the lyrics + the video has absolutely nothing to do with the song itself.

No eroge song should have lyrics like: ‘???VIP?wwww>>??orz’ :roll:

5? Five? FIVE?
Spends a couple hours listening back to his favourite songs
Decides he cannot decide

I guess I may be able to get down to nine, but five? No way.
Likely candidates, in no particular order:
[list][]“Heart of Prism” by TAKACO, from “Prism Heart”,[/]
[]??? by ???, from ???,[/]
[]??? -The Castle of Sand-? by ???, from ???,[/]
[]??? by ???, from ?School Days?,[/]
[]“Last regrets” by ??, from “Kanon”,[/]
[]?See You ??? by KOTOKO & MELL, from ???3?,[/]
[]??? by ???, from ??? Stories Vol.1?.[/][/list]

I like the song itself, but despite not having played the game, I’m willing to count Aka’s OP because:

1. it follows the normal nekoneko songwriting style of disconnected sentence fragments that make it hard enough to draw overall meaning from the song anyway
  2. namedropping random Hebrew names (of places) and words without any clear reason for doing so
  3. ???

Again, I love the song, but the lyrics are either too deep or absolute rubbish

I seldom pay attention to lyrics in songs. :smiley:

1. Saya no Uta - Shoes of glass
  2. Yume Miru Kusuri - main theme
  3. Sekien no Inganock - Adenium
  4. Ever 17 - Lemu
  5. Saya no Uta - Song of Saya

Hmm, I think the song I’ve spent the most time listening to lately would be the Nerine-specific ending song from Shuffle (the name escaped me at the moment). Another one I like a lot is ??? from one of the endings in Edelweiss, although it’s a bit more upbeat than the songs I usually like from eroges. I’m rather inexperienced with the Japanese selection of games though, so I can’t really think of any that haven’t gotten translated.

I guess ?2??? from Da Capo is pretty nice, but I’m not sure I’d go so far as to call it one of my favorites, but then again I have rather few to begin with so I might as well add it. I do kinda like Lovable Pup from D.C. too, but I’m not sure how long I’d be able to listen to it like regular music before it’d drive me crazy.

Oh, and the opening from Wind - A Breath of Heart. And the ending from ???, I quite like that one. Sorry, don’t know the names of the songs :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, come to think of it I’m not sure if I like the songs for their musical qualities alone or because I enjoyed the games they came from. Maybe a bit of both. Probably is since I like a lot of video game music that probably isn’t all that great on its own, but has a certain meaning for me after playing the games they belong to.

I wouldn’t affirm it doesn’t play a role, indeed. I mean, “Prism Heart”, ???, ???, ?School Days?, ???, “Kanon”, ???3?? I wouldn’t believe it if there’s wasn’t any relation!

I had PLASTIC LABEL’s two earlier OP songs in mind for worst eroge theme song, Goukan Game and Menheru Mate… but after hearing their latest effort tonight, Nikudorei Choukyou (the only lyrics are ??? - literally ‘flesh slave’ :roll: ) they’ve clearly reached a new low. All of them are sung by Hatsune Miku, which makes them feel even more incongruous…

In terms of lyrics, I find them quite important. There are plenty of musically great themesongs that have horrible lyrics, as in Lancer-X’s example although it’s much more common to find unrelated/pure gibberish Engrish.

In Sunlight from Fate/stay night is probably my favorite musical theme from an eroge. Other than that, I really like Taking Hand in Hand from Yume Miru Kusuri, Dawn Walker from Princess Waltz, and the opening song from Shiden - Enkan no Kizuna (I can’t seem to find its name).

The songs in KiraKira are also quite good.
I hope the quality will be the same in the next overdrive VN (maybe it will be translated bu mangagamer… it seems it’s under negociation).

I just love anything sung by I’VE! :lol:
They’re my favorite theme song performers.

I’m a sort of hard metal kind of guy for eroge intros. I also love when the music syncs with everything being shown on the screen. My list would be looooooong, but just the few from the top of my head and with YouTube vids:

I’m guessing you mean KOTOKO? (I’ve only does composing/arranging).

I’m guessing he may mean the whole range of singers with I’ve (e.g. Eiko Shimamiya and Mell in addition to Kotoko).

Yeah, that’s right.

I remember i started to like their songs because of SNOW DROP.
If i remember well, there was a music theme in ONEGAI TEACHER (classic anime show) by I’VE, too.

There’s other theme songs i liked, too. But right now i don’t remember wich one.

Let’s see… KOTOKO, checked. Eiko, checked. Ayana, checked. MELL, checked. :stuck_out_tongue: