Feedback request on new games

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful. We're planning on doing around four titles so hopefully those who don't like the idea of Cleavage (I like it myself, although the name kinda sucks to the English ear) won't have to worry about that being the only title we do.
Well that's a relief somewhat.

Order i'd like:

Yu no Hana
Hello Spring
Death Mate
Yume Miru Kurusi
Summer Girl

-skip a bunch-

Cleavage

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-20-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
By the way, Payne-sama, taking the chance you are asking about feedbacks for future bgames, any chance we can see translated someday ONE BOKU from Lucha, too? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

That game looks pretty sweet.

As for my pick of the bunch. I like Cleavage, Death Meta and Hello Spring, the rest didnt really catch my eye, too much loli IMO.

Edit 1:- I put Summer Girl when I meant Hello Spring. :/

Edit 2:- Death Meta looks pretty good too, so I'm adding it to my list. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Skeith (edited 03-03-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Skeith (edited 03-03-2006).]

Dunno if feedback is still wanted but I would say:

1) Cleavage: Yeah, I like big breasts, and I liked the Bible Black art style, so nyah! And it probably will sell a fair amount to the X-change crowd.

2) Death Meta: Vampires, hooray!

3) Hello Spring: Character Design looks great, some really cute girls.

The remaining three didn’t catch my eye. Though if the one is done by the people who did Ever 17, grab that one too then.

Maybe offtopic but Pulltop (makers of Yunohana and Summer Girl) announced new game:
Harukani Aogi, Uruwashi No
http://www.pulltop.com/gp06/index.htm

So that’s maybe another title for consideration, since PeachPri obviously made some contacts with Pulltop, or not?

okay finally looked over all the games and heres my choices

1. Death Meta - good cgs and looks like it will have the most original plot
2. Cleavage - looks like bible black, but as theres only 3 girls looks like it could be very short.

and for distant future games i like games with mystery, like Desire, Chain and Dividead, more games like them

and say no to high loli counts!

[This message has been edited by SpidiB (edited 03-01-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by SpidiB:
and say no to high loli counts! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, can't oblige you there! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] I like lolis myself.

Man almost missed this one
Have to stop playing World of Warcraft and get my act together!!

I rank them like this…

1. Yu no Hana
2. Summer Girl
I like both of the Pulltop games, the girls are cute

3. Hello Spring
4. Yume Miru Kurusi
5. Death Meta
Nice graphics , looks good

6. Cleavage (not my cup of tea)

Ok there you go , hope to see them out as soon as possible…

“Bishoujo” lvl47 nightelf rogue

[This message has been edited by Thomas (edited 03-02-2006).]

one of my major concerns about summer girl and yunohana is that they are both very light on H…so while i see alot of people in this thread favoring those 2, i am worried that the end-result sales would not do justice for both games…and it’s proven already with previous similar games

putting a 18+ label on a game just because of a couple of questionable pics/scenes and thus limiting the audience range…

im having a headache over these 2 titles now…

I’ve made a sort of ‘ranking’ of the preferences of the posters of this topic:

code:

Yu no Hana
1 |||||||||||||| (14)
2 ||||||| (7)
3 |||| (4)
4 ||||| (5)
5 |||||||| (8)
6 || (2)

Cleavage
1 |||||||||||| (12)
2 || (2)
4 || (2)
5 ||||| (5)
6 ||||||||||||||||||||| (21)

Yume Miru Kurusi (Dream Drug)
1 |||| (4)
2 | (1)
3 ||| (3)
4 ||||||||| (9)
5 |||||||||||| (12)
6 |||||||| (8)

Death Meta
1 ||||||| (7)
2 ||||||||||||| (13)
3 |||| (4)
4 || (2)
5 ||||||||| (9)
6 || (2)

Hello Spring
1 ||| (3)
2 ||||||||| (9)
3 |||||||||||||||| (16)
4 |||||| (6)
5 ||||||| (7)
6 | (1)

Summer Girl
1 |||||||||| (10)
2 ||||||| (7)
3 |||||||||| (10)
4 |||| (4)
5 |||| (4)
6 || (2)

Notes:
I did my best to get the listings as accurate as possible. Not everyone made a list of their preferences.
So when someone said they want a title or really like it, I added a bar to spot 1 of the mentioned title.
If someone expressed disgust at a title, I added a bar to spot 6 of the mentioned title.
If someone said other titles didn’t really grasp their attention, I added a bar to spot 5 of those titles.
In one case someone made a short list and then said the others looked nice. I added a bar to spot 3 of those titles.
As for how I treated ties… When, for example, someone put two titles at a tie for spot 2, I added a bar to spot 2 of those titles.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
one of my major concerns about summer girl and yunohana is that they are both very light on H.... So while i see alot of people in this thread favoring those 2, i am worried that the end-result sales would not do justice for both games...

In my opinion, a little variety is always necessary, therefore I think that releasing only one of the two Pulltop games isn't so bad. And, as I've said before...

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
My vote goes to Yu no Hana (the BEST Pullsoft game produced so far) and my second choice is Death Meta for its oddball story (both games boast very original storylines, however).

In fact, Summer Girl (and Yume Miru Kusuri, too) is just another variant on the ultra-classic "Existential Problems of Adolescents With Lots Of Free Time On Their Hands [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]" theme. Although gifted with superior graphics, Summer Girl lacks the humor, the variety, the story lenght, the sex itself (you need the -released separately- Summer Disc for that, sorry) of Yu no Hana, Pulltop's masterpiece.
Therefore, if Peapri truly want to release four games (gaining money in the process, of course [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]), the logical choice is translate the most interesting, original AND erotic titles. Of this list, in my opinion, only Yu no Hana, Death Meta and *BLEARGH* Cleavage are possible candidates (try looking elsewhere for another valid choice, however [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]).

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 03-05-2006).]

I’d like to say my top choices are now Yu no Hana and Death Meta.
Yu no Hana since those who seem to know about it say it has a good story.
Death Meta becuase it’s story sounds interesting. Any bishoujo game with vampires (ie Tsukihime and Mini Dead Blood) definitely sparks my interest, not to mention after playing Divi Dead I’d love to see a bishoujo game that deals with the supernatural.

Currently there’s a tie between Summer Girl and Hello Spring, though I’d like some story info on those games if anyone knows what the story essentially is.

I notice that people are either putting down Cleavage or seriously want it. I must say I’m interested because the artwork looks similar to Bible Black (is it the same artist?). But so as not to judge a book by its cover, could someone please tell me what the story is about before I decide whether to support or reject it? Me I look for a good story when picking a bishoujo game, so if this game has a good story to it, then I’ll definitely support it.
The same goes to Dream Drug.

Say… can feedback requests of BL (yaoi) videogames be posted here too? Or is this topic only for the het (bishoujo) games?

I think this thread is only for feedback on the games listed in the first post. There’s a different thread for game requests.

It would appear in fact the spellchecker is broken. Lamuness, you might want to look into this …

Cleavage looks like an awefule game, I’d rather have a little hentai games than that wierd freakfest.

Cleavage would be great. Too bad Active-Soft is basically dead because I would’ve really liked to play Discipline as well. At least the artist is still finding work.

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
In fact, Summer Girl (and Yume Miru Kusuri, too) is just another variant on the ultra-classic "Existential Problems of Adolescents With Lots Of Free Time On Their Hands [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]" theme. Although gifted with superior graphics, Summer Girl lacks the humor, the variety, the story lenght, the sex itself (you need the -released separately- Summer Disc for that, sorry) of Yu no Hana, Pulltop's masterpiece.
Therefore, if Peapri truly want to release four games (gaining money in the process, of course [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]), the logical choice is translate the most interesting, original AND erotic titles. Of this list, in my opinion, only Yu no Hana, Death Meta and *BLEARGH* Cleavage are possible candidates (try looking elsewhere for another valid choice, however [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]).

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 03-05-2006).]

Yes, if your worried about sales because of that, atleast translate one. I'd go with Yu no Hana. It's the best of the pick and has more backing on this thread than the others.

Based primarily on character graphics…

Definite Interest: Yu no Hana, Summer Girl (both very cute-looking)

Fair Interest: Death Meta (kind of strange looking, but the vampire theme sounds interesting)

Some Interest: Dream Drug (sounds like a rehash of Tottemo Pheromone…), Hello Spring

No Interest: Cleavage (ew)

Hey Dark Shiki, you’re back! Where ya been for so long?

It’s good to see many familiar “faces” are still around.

(Temporary) waning interest in English bishoujo gaming was at the heart of it I guess. My interests are often cyclical like that as I move from one thing to the next and back again. In particular I got caught up in MMORPG’s. As that fix has subsided, lately I’ve started going back through the b-games I’ve never finished. I was glancing at the board here to see if anything was going on, and this topic caught my eye. It’s good to see some signs of life in this market, which has remained essentially static since I drifted away a year ago (X-change spin-offs don’t count in my book ).

I’ve actually been taking some Japanese classes over the last year; I can read katakana fairly well now, and I’m working on hiragana at the moment. Kanji is still beyond me of course, but I’ve found that with a translator and my current knowledge of spoken and written Japanese (not to mention my b-game “experience” ), I can understand a good deal of simple b-games. Not to mention it’s a rather non-stressful means of brushing up on my hiragana for class each day. Oh, and for those interested, I wrote a short philosophy of law paper defending the legality of loli-ness in the U.S.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-31-2006).]