Feedback request on new games

Welcome back, Dark_Shiki!

quote:
In particular I got caught up in MMORPG’s.

They’re a waste of time, generally.
quote:
X-change spin-offs don’t count in my book

X-Change Alternative sounds good, though.

Good to see you’re still around, Benoit.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:

They’re a waste of time, generally.

Um well, the same could be said for most forms of entertainment.

quote:
X-Change Alternative sounds good, though.

That’s the new name for Yin-yang X-change eh? I must say, looking at PP’s official entry for it, it actually does look halfway decent. On the other hand, the premise still isn’t my cup of tea. Other than Ever17, the Pulltop games in this thread (and perhaps Death Meta) are the only recent and upcoming games I’d be intersted in buying.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 04-01-2006).]

quote:
Um well, the same could be said for most forms of entertainment.

*hopes he can do his say without getting into a fight*

Sure, but at least you get something out of it. With MMORPGs, it's all about grinding, number-crunching, and collecting items. It's repetitive, just like the gameplay. Everything's made to addict the player. But there's no substance.

Benoit, that’s why there are other people in the game with you. To interact with them. That’s where most of the fun comes in for most MMO players. In that sense, it’s like sitting down to play a night of D&D or Mutants and Masterminds with your friends on a Friday night. The game itself is just a grind when you get down to it, but hanging out with your friends, that’s the fun.

Pretty much what Darkstar said. Eventually the grind of FFXI got to be too much for me though, and I left, leaving behind some really good friends sadly. I tried Dungeons & Dragons online for a “free” month (it still hasn’t expired), but it seemed harder to connect with people, and I quickly got bored. Part of it was probably the interface, and part of it was likely me being so used to having my small cliche of friends from FFXI that I wasn’t even trying anymore.

This thread is crossing the border, Lamuness.

A bit late but since I’ve played cleavage I think I’ll share my opinion

I first buy it because of the artist(Bible is one of my favourite h-anime).But aside from the graphic I don’t think it’s any good.You see,the problem is Cleavage has almost no choice.It’s divided into two path,the second can only be unlocked after you finish the first and in each route you can only pursue one girl.The choice are only for the sex scene and one near the ending that let you decide one of two ending(I forget if the second path has one or two ending).Sex scene are abundant tough,and yes the girls all have big breasts,even the minor one.

Well,I have said my share.In my opinion one who wants cleavage can buy the jap version,since it has almost no difficulty at all even for japanese illiterate

For the games:
1.Summer Girl(never see this kind of game translated,makes me remember Air)
2.Hello Spring
3.Yu no Hana
4.Yume Miru kurusi

Can’t open Death Meta’s page and have bought Cleavage

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 04-08-2006).]

Well, that’ll sure make the testing easier, at least. Then if it sells well, it’s even more money in the pocket.

It seems Cleavage is gaining positions… * cross fingers *

Ok Cleavage DEAD LAST! I’m so sick of seeing big tits low storyline h-games. Tons of japanese ones that you don’t even really need to read if you want that sort of thing.

Since nobody has posted storylines except for two of them… I would say…

Yu no Hana
Death Meta
Yume Miru Kurusi (Dream Drug)
Summer Girl

I’m for story more than just H and we need some good unique story lines.

not to halt any discussion, but the game choices have already been made and have already contacted will about it; thank you for your input

unfortunately i wont say which ones we are going after; what will come will come

and just as a side note: story-heavy-with-little-sex games have proven not to sell as well as we would have hoped; snow drop and crescendo are perfect examples, so while we do want to pick such titles, we have to be careful with our choices

quote:
unfortunately i wont say which ones we are going after

Why not?

okay, correction: not wont but “cant”; i do have a limit on what i can say to the public afterall

and please dont ask “why not” again

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 04-08-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
and just as a side note: story-heavy-with-little-sex games have proven not to sell as well as we would have hoped; snow drop and crescendo are perfect examples, so while we do want to pick such titles, we have to be careful with our choices

Well, Snow Drop was lacking in gameplay at least (or maybe overendowed with anti-gameplay would be a better way to put it). Now Crescendo, that's a shame. What about Kana, if I may ask?

quote:
Originally posted by molitar:
Ok Cleavage DEAD LAST! I'm so sick of seeing big tits low storyline h-games.

Don't like tits? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kidding... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 04-09-2006).]

as for a hentai lover like me… :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont really care which comes first… as long ALL COMES OUT and i will purchase eveything…

thats my concept

So the four games have already been decided? That’s cool. I eagerly await the press release! I think it’s been almost a year since Peach Princess has issued a PR.

And it’s such a shame that the story driven stories don’t sell. I can understand a lot of people passing on Kana because they might be thinking “Ewww, incest” just by hearing the title. I know I certainly thought that before doing some research. . .As for Crescnedo and Snow Drop, maybe it was bcause the art style might not have appealed to that many people?

I havn’t played it yet, but is Figures of Happiness a lot of story? If so how did that sell relative to the others?

Figures of Happiness has a story, which puts it ahead of most of the G-Collections games. The story is okay. It’s not all that deep. Especially when compared to something like Ever 17.

Looking at those two titles, and hearing murmurings about story-focused games not selling that well… tempts me to just give up on ecchi entirely.

I’m here more because I have nothing against erotic content than because I’m actually seeking erotic content. I like to look at pretty girls, dressed and undressed, but I’ve never really cared for the sex scenes in these games. They’re not at all erotic the way they’re written. They’re more laughable than anything else. Part of this is, of course, that they are written for the male perspective… and I’m not one.

I’ve read plenty of hot smut in my time - and no b-game I’ve ever seen comes anywhere near proper smut.

So if they’re not interested in telling stories, and they’re certainly not going to arouse me… maybe I shouldn’t stick around. I don’t know.

Well, the problem there is all the games we’re not getting that are much more story focused. If the US market goes in another direction … that won’t be good for what we want.

I mean, Type-Moon’s games have some of the silliest sex scenes I’ve ever read (having only a rough translation and not having played the game yet I can’t say ‘seen’). And yet Tsukihime’s just … awesome. But the games are just … not coming out in English legitimately anytime soon, and if all the people who want plot leave the legitimate market and stop buying …

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 04-10-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
and if all the people who want plot leave the legitimate market and stop buying ...

... the demand for games with strong plots will deteriorate further until it becomes not-noteworthy anymore - which in turn means that it becomes even less likely for one of these games being localized because it just became even less marketable.

A vicious circle, right?