Fellow d20 Gamers Here?

I know I’m not the only d20 gamer here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to be a major nut back in the day. I had this Zatoichi inspired Kensai during my tours with 2nd ED Oriental Adventures. After his heroic death facing a dragon - never killed the beast, but my honorable sacrifice let the Wu Jen do it - I sorta quit PC’ing.

Nothing seemed interesting anymore.

Just recently I saw the new Dread Necromancer base class for 3rd ED. Since it looked wickedly fun, I put together a character concept, found a local gaming group, rolled up the character with the GM’s watching approval, and started my adventure as a scythe wielding sociopath with a Grim Reaper complex.

Fun stuff. Especially since that lady Paladin the in party is sooooo gonna get hers if she keeps getting in my way. How is it wrong to use the undead to kill the undead? What’s her issue? :stuck_out_tongue:

RPG geek here :o :stuck_out_tongue: ).

LOL! You thought someone as dark as me would play anything pure? Besides… that Paladin has high CHA. On day I might just “Corpse Craft” something with high HD and lotsa tentacles for my own dark entertainment when I get there. That or I’ll gets some vampire twincest going. :wink:

While I don’t play it, I’ve always been a fan of Ravenloft. However I’m not all “goth and horror” - Iron Kingdoms, Red Star, and Star Wars are also series that I keep up with. Outside of d20, I enjoy anything from Dream Pod 9, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, BESM, and Mekton.

Oddly enough, I hate Palladium Book titles. Poorly written, munchkin, and Kevin is a dick. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! And Norebo is my kinda deity!

[ 05-03-2007, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Me, I’m a firm believer in the superiority of the psionic classes (my favorite base class is Psychic Warrior), unrivaled even in the Dark Side business… Do you know that a prestige class from the base manual itself -the Thrallherd- has been developed with THIS on mind :o (Or do you really prefer to use stinking, ugly undead for that :stuck_out_tongue: ?)…

WHAT? Another misguided, poor soul duped by those fraudulent “Higher Powers”, and a Chaotic one to boot!?!? Heh, you need to know I’m a firm believer also in two more things (not at the same time usually, it depends on the current game and/or character): LAW (Love&Peace at ANY cost! Read: Harmonium) and TRUTH (Seek the REAL Power for salvation! Read: Athar), and I’m very very peeved with Planescape: Torment for giving access only to five factions, including two of the three Chaotic ones, blatantly ignoring LAW and TRUTH, clearly another Anarchist filthy plot for sure :stuck_out_tongue: !!

Damn you! Now I’m gonna have to buy that book, and after the current campaign I’m in is over, become exactly what you said. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a gamer. Sadly I’ve never found anything I like more than the basic gish or even plain wizard.

Fortunately for you, that manual is (mostly) Open Source material now, Thrallherd included, even though it remains (with the Complete Psionics expansion) a Mandatory Purchase for the serious psionic :cool: .

Fortunately for you, that manual is (mostly) Open Source material now, Thrallherd included, even though it remains (with the Complete Psionics expansion) a Mandatory Purchase for the serious psionic :smiley:

I defiantly can’t wait to re-roll a new character… maybe I should just let that Paladin kill me afterall. :wink:

EDIT
LOL! It was just pointed out to me, how broken a Thrallherd can be. Enslave a vampire, get that vampire to turn you into a vampire, thus you’ll be a Vampire Thrallherd. Have the “food” come willing to you, protect you, and even add a few “Vampire Hunters” to your ranks when you’re feeling especially evil. Good thing for my GM, I hate to min-max. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 05-04-2007, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Hey, you’re welcome :smiley: , just remember that not a few prestige classes are really cool… If you have lots of spare time for searching amidst the trash, of course :wink: !

EDIT
Ewww, undead again :wink: ?

[ 05-04-2007, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

Hmmmm… maybe we’re looking at the wrong vampire twincest. I mean these are undead, hot, nymphomaniacs, and twins. I don’t see anything wrong with that, do you? :smiley:

[ 05-04-2007, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Undead have immunity to only those mind-affecting effects that don’t specifically target them. There is at least one official ability that is mind-affecting, but works (only) on undead: Invisibility to Undead. Therefore one could research abilities or spells (or take an altered version of a prestige class) that was specific to affecting undead, where usually they are not.

sorry being a total fucktard here, but what is d20?

d20=Dice with 20 sides. It’s trademarked now by D&D, Wizards of the Coast, and its parent company Hasbro.

oh, those random generaters used in table rpgs

Sorry, I can’t suffer undead :stuck_out_tongue: ? And, if you are a min-max player, what about this:

You can’t. The instant you die, that “hidden psychic resonance” immediately disappears and… What happens next :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Three words: Ravenloft’s Illithid Vampires

They’re in the domain of Bluetspur. Feral as hell, but psychic vampires nonetheless. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s the rule system used for the newest edition of Dungeons & Dragon, among other things. Basically the most popular(?) pen-and-paper rule system in the West. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 05-05-2007, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Most Popular by far. All the others put together don’t have the market share of D&D. I don’t recall the exact ratio anymore, but it’s pretty high.

Wow, do you really hope to win in a min-max competition with me :wink: ? Yeah, I do know it’s possible, I had another thing on mind…

Unconscious but continual is the keyword here: how to guarantee this in the event of your death, and before your initial awakening as vampire?
Eww, I totally HATE those unnatural undead in general, and filthy bloodsuckers in particular, just look at the scores of my “What D&D Character Are You?” test:

Alignment:
Law and Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXX (7)
Neutral - XXXXXX (6)
Chaos — (-2)

Good and Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral - XXXXXXX (7)
Evil ---- (-3)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXX (7)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXX (7)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXX (7)
Dwarf ---- XXX (3)
Half-Orc - (-3)

Class:
Fighter – XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Barbarian -XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Ranger — XXXXXXXX (8)
Monk ----- (0)
Paladin – XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Cleric — XXXXX (5)
Mage ----- XXXX (4)
Druid ---- XXXXXX (6)
Thief ---- (-5)
Bard ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

Just say NO to Sex with unliving people :stuck_out_tongue: !

[quote]
Originally posted by Baldo:
[b]Eww, I totally HATE those unnatural undead in general, and filthy bloodsuckers in particular…

Just say NO to Sex with unliving people :smiley:

:wink:

[ 05-06-2007, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Lamuness: Not quite. “d20” is basically the D&D 3.5 edition ruleset, without all the D&D-specific parts. Wizards of the Coast has tried to create a whole ecosystem of products using the basic ruleset, with some degree of success. They’ve created an ‘open game ruleset’ where you can take the basic d20 rules, and create a tabletop RPG system using the open content without having to get special licenses, etc.