Forgotten games?

Hey, I already know about little my maid, it’s going to be a while. But there were other games making big headlines that suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. does anyone know what happened to the supposed upcoming H games: “Doushin: Same heart” and “Starship Sakagate”? I was really looking forward to them too…(sigh)

Doushin is made by Crowd, and has been licensed by Peach Princess, it’s probably not going to be worked on by Crowd until they get X-Change 3 (their latest Japanese release) out the door in Japan.

Gun Shield Warrior Sakigake is being released by Hobibox Europe, and it’s status as of right now is up in the air. Peter mentioned that the president of Hobibox Europe was going to go check on the staus of the game in October, but no updates either here or on Hobibox’s web page.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Doushin is made by Crowd, and has been licensed by Peach Princess, it's probably not going to be worked on by Crowd until they get X-Change 3 (their latest Japanese release) out the door in Japan.

I thought Doushin was already out in Japan? I still remember the 2002-2003 Cataloges released by JAST showed it as being a game soon to be released. Does that mean it is not even out in Japan yet or is out and not yet on the translation block?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I thought Doushin was already out in Japan? I still remember the 2002-2003 Cataloges released by JAST showed it as being a game soon to be released. Does that mean it is not even out in Japan yet or is out and not yet on the translation block?

It's already out in Japan, what I meant was that they have to do the English Windows conversion and art rework. They probably won't work on that until after X-Cange 3 is released.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 12-21-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
It's already out in Japan, what I meant was that they have to do the English Windows conversion and art rework. They probably won't work on that until after X-Cange 3 is released.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 12-21-2003).]

Doushin was announced (edit: by Peach Princess) before XChange 2 was. I very much doubt that they will work on getting XC3 out before then - seeing as how XC3 isn't even out in Japan! I at least have been waiting for Doushin for a good long time - it's the title besides Little My Maid that I'm most looking forward to. If they DO do XC3 first I'll be pissed.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-21-2003).]

I think that what Doug-san means is that Crowd will get X-Change 3 out in Japan, then help bring out Doushin in English not that X-Change 3 will be out in English before Doushin is. So it would be something like:
1. X-Change 3 is released in Japan
2. Doushin is released in English.
3. X-Change 3 is relased in English.

It’s the whole thing with PeaPri getting the help from Crowd but Crowd will give higher priority to their upcomming games in their major market than to their (relatively) older games in a smaller market.

that shows us that what many people goes after are the sex scenes… that is… the HCG… we… the ones that go after the plot and such things… are the minority… no matter if we are the ones that support and “wander” around the companies…

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
I think that what Doug-san means is that Crowd will get X-Change 3 out in Japan, then help bring out Doushin in English not that X-Change 3 will be out in English before Doushin is. So it would be something like:
1. X-Change 3 is released in Japan
2. Doushin is released in English.
3. X-Change 3 is relased in English.

It's the whole thing with PeaPri getting the help from Crowd but Crowd will give higher priority to their upcomming games in their major market than to their (relatively) older games in a smaller market.

What he said.

Makes sense, but it really does depend where Doushin is in development.

I mean, Peach Princess already has a few games on their plate already - Gibo and Little My Maid. And getting LMM out is certainly going to be higher priority than Doushin.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I mean, Peach Princess already has a few games on their plate already - Gibo and Little My Maid. And getting LMM out is certainly going to be higher priority than Doushin.

LMM better bloody well be higher priority than Doushin... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/mad.gif[/img]

Err, sorry. My desire for LMM got the better of me. It's sort of hard to tell. I mean, there were a couple of other titles announced way back when as well. Who knows how their schedule will work out?

I was sort of referring to the second “batch” of titles announced. Along with Doushin and Gibo, there was Newcaster Mariko and Used Condom for example. Since I havn’t heard anything recent about them, I have no idea if those projects are on hold, dead, or what.

And because it amuses me, I’ll dig up some old info. According to the original product numbers, (which they may still retain, beats me…) Gibo was game #8 while X-Change 2 was #10 with Newscaster Mariko at #11. Brave Soul was #7 and LMM was #4. Later Brave Soul was give #11 and the two Critial Points were differentiated as 6 & 7. Why bring this up? Because next year’s trivia question will be: “What actual order were the PeaPri games released in?”

So many games just listed that I had not even heard of being on the translation block, guess it’s been a while since they were mentioned.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 12-22-2003).]

quote:
I was sort of referring to the second "batch" of titles announced. Along with Doushin and Gibo, there was Newcaster Mariko and Used Condom for example. Since I havn't heard anything recent about them, I have no idea if those projects are on hold, dead, or what.

It probably means nothing, but if you check the PP site map, they still have links for the following downloads:

Downloads
X-Change downloads
Snow Drop downloads
Snow Drop character guides/hints
Tokimeki Check-in! downloads
Tokimeki Check-in! character guides/hints
Little My Maid downloads
Water Closet downloads
Water Closet characters
Critical Point downloads
Critical Point character guides/hints
Brave Soul downloads
Brave Soul Characters
Gibo downloads
Newscaster Mariko downloads
La Voyeur downloads

Only WC characters and BS characters are actually linked to something, though.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 12-22-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
It probably means nothing, but if you check the PP site map, they still have links for the following downloads:

You know I have most of those somewhere on my computer...

Actually, I'm not really sure what you were trying to point out. Since most of those were put up in Kumiko's time, those links don't help us know any current status of the games.

Like I said, it probably doesn’t mean anything other than the fact that PP hasn’t updated their web site in a while. On the other hand, the fact that those titles are still listed could mean the games are still on PP’s plate. I guess we’ll have to watch for the next announcement.

We intend to release everythiing we have put in our catalogs, including Doushin. It’s translated and we’ll start work on it as soon as we can. We won’t be releasing Mariko I’m afraid (it’s not loss, to be honest). As always, we thank you for your patience while we get these games back on schedule.

Thanks again for letting us know. Doushin is something I’m definitely looking forward to. I think it’s hovering just behind LMM on my list right now…

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 12-25-2003).]

The same goes for me, I am really interested in the plot for Doushin and am looking forward to that games release, as I am LMM.

Hmm, for me, I’m a bit more interesting in the “zapping” aspect of Doushin we’ve talked about before. I’m guessing that’ll add quite a bit to the complexity and should make going through the game interesting.

quote:
Hmm, for me, I'm a bit more interesting in the "zapping" aspect of Doushin we've talked about before. I'm guessing that'll add quite a bit to the complexity and should make going through the game interesting.

It certainly does because:
- You can't switch to all other sisters everytime, but depending on the current situation in the story
- You only can control the girl's action whose point of view you currently have. So, only switching to the right girl at the right time will make certain situations happen.

However, I think there is another CROWD game that should be quite more interesting than this one. But because it is quite brutish (mind you: Doushin is sometimes brutish too), I suppose it's unlikely to be selected for localization.