Future games?

as many of you may know by now, our titles in the pipeline are getting cleared up soon. X-change3 is being translated at the moment, ladyphoenix will be doing sakigake, and yours truly will be starting work on doushin/synchronus hearts soon. polishing on lmm is going a bit slow but still steady.

right now i am discussing with the heads of the company on what to pursue next, particularly what crowd games to consider after the pipeline gets more clear. i have noticed gc did a survey of a similar nature, but peter et al. dont like the idea of surveys and prefer me asking you guys here on the BBS in an informal manner, because this is an early stage and there are many issues we cannot control and therefore we cannot hold any official promises. so ya, we just want some informal feedback from you guys.

anyways, it boils down to this:
which crowd game do you want us to consider porting to english? currently peapri has done about a good half of crowd’s lineup of games (ignoring remakes and stuff), so realistically there is only a couple of crowd games left that we can consider pursuing. anyways, let me know what you think.

unfortunately, they took down the info pages for the old/discontinued titles, so it may be hard for you guys (or myself for that matter) to find out more about other crowd games, but i guess we have to live with it; you can search past threads for info previously discussed.

here’s crowd’s URL
http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp

let us know what you think

one more thing, keep your responses here; dont spam us via email with requests please

I surf the Crowd HP and it seems to you guys ready to translate the games I wont…I have no comments.

Can’t read Japanese - trying to do research.

The nun game under the “fetish” label looks like it might be interesting.

Anything under the “emu” label looks like it could be interesting, as well. After I do some more poking around I’ll be more specific.

[Edit]

Okay, this seems to be a list of back titles for emu. Any of these look like titles that could be good. The thought occurs to me that emu might be a separate company from Crowd; I hope they’re a part of Crowd, these games look interesting. There seem to be some pages still up , but some of the links are broken: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/soft.html

I nominate this game. It has minigames? http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/luner.html

This is a catgirl game. Considering just how much Minna de Nyan Nyan won by, it may be a good idea. (There seems to be some sort of demo.) http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/neko/index.html

This game might be good, it looks to have some kind of sim components: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/song/index.html

I like the CG samples for this game, but would like to know more about it: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/Rail.html

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 08-01-2004).]

quote:

This game might be good, it looks to have some kind of sim components: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/song/index.html

Of the ones you posted this is the one of most interest to me (not just because of the sim-store thing, also graphically.)

… babelfish is breaking on me, I’ll have to look at the crowd site later.

quote:

I like the CG samples for this game, but would like to know more about it: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/Rail.html ...

If I can voice support for two it would be these two, I really like the CG in the first one and the story for the second one Railway sounds like a more interesting story, and one that might actually have a plot, at least that goes for as much as I can make out anyway, and the CG seems a little better more refined.

So I guess it would be Railway first Emu second of those links that were posted.

Though both stories do sound interesting and both CG's look wonderful so I guess both if possible.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-01-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Here is the Babelfish version of the "story" page. You know what you doing!

Fails in 2nd university taking an examination when the protagonist where, is walking throughout the city quietly has collapsed in the sickness the old person who.
Suspicion it is ill-smelling, while feeling, when it helps, accompanies in the hospital after asking name, after ' you asked, that ' and so on proposing suddenly, it ran and left slip of paper one of writing and thing was cut off.

The protagonist which reason is not recognized and receives.
The man of the puzzle which appears, made sealing push coercively, smiled.

' Receive you that property all everything '

Reason it was not recognized and fact of impact talked to the protagonist which is confused.

The old person who dies being the owner of the karaoke store, name the せ is was the person of legend as a entrepreneur of fame. But depression of these days and debt of the large sum with the failure and real estate value depreciation etc of speculation were held.

Furthermore we to borrow the gold from the place where it cannot receive bank loan, is outrageous for liquidating the bill......

"With, to be possible"

The man who smiles cheerfully was the last employee. It stopped being that employee instantaneously, but.

"The あ, by the way dying being there, as for る president 47 years old. Crooked trader
When you suffer hardship with the collection, from forcing....... The eye 70 which, was seen already is don't you think?.
Don't you think? me, unless debt you pay, that the family of the president it sells away being said, the て
Responsibility you feel it is.
Well - even with others, the girl of the beauty the そ - the ゆ - is designated as the wind riding,
It hurts there is no heart, is?
So probably will be? It hurts, don't you think?? After it may "

The last employee who to just before keeps coming out, to such a thing declares.
As for those which are left to the labor assistant of the protagonist......

Karaoke BOX one store (mortgage)
Normal solitary house (mortgage)
3 sisters (as for mother while disappearing)
Cash 59 Yen (change of the pocket of president)

Debt 1, 146, 719 and 251 Yen

Above.

With being the case that it is said.
Unintentionally to the っ coming the protagonist which is the commonplace jobless man raw ' debt king ' with became from now when it passes.
In the owner of the store which is led by unfortunate destiny, already the salesman is not
As for the protagonist which becomes, with personality rich beauty girl sisters 3, in managing the store.

While fighting over the rival store and the customer, キッチリ you pay also interest,
The heart of the sisters will be gotten!

Very largest pinch, believing that it is largest chance, - -

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

I like the CG samples for this game, but would like to know more about it: http://www.nyan-web.ne.jp/~hf-emu/Rail.html

Here is what the almighty Babelfish has to say about this game. You have no chance to survive make your time!

This is mostly incomprehensible, but it sounds like he somehow loses 8 years? Could be a coma, time travel game, went away and then came back ... can't really tell.

=====

In the back it can watch the sea in the mountain and the front, the small port. The new leaves the early summer which becomes colored.
The Hiroshi tree after 8 years, returned to this home.
8 years ago, the Hiroshi tree which lives in the city from this area separated, received the splash of the divorce due to the discord of the parents for being transferred the father.
Before the sun/size which repugnance pours in the parents to abandon parental authority, without either applying the house springs out.......
In the origin of the Hiroshi tree, it meant that the letter from the grandmother of the home reaches.
' Coffeehouse of house < Lane way > If the store manager is done, there are no either times being able to make through even in this school '

As for expecting the Hiroshi tree which returns to quiet town from the city of gray, the bosom oak it is, being coercive differing childhood friend and from former times, the strange grandmother.

Remodelling the station where the railroad track becomes the waste line and becomes unable to use, the coffeehouse which it arranges.
And, you sleep in the barn...... the grandfather of the Hiroshi tree left, ' C62 ' with the steam locomotive which is said.
遙 Before, with the grandfather, this steam locomotive ' シロクニ ' as for the Hiroshi tree which promises the fact that it can send, now becoming, holding unrealizable dream while,
At this home, new life was begun.
That first day.
The Arisawa Hiroshi tree, warmly in the party of the childhood friend which receives him, feels loneliness, suddenly escapes to outside.
The only without changing there was a Hiroshi tree, there, as ' シロクニ ' before, view everything which is visible by its, childhood friend everything changes, it had been visible.
And, by his seems that nothing changes.
The rail which at least, them is different completely you were conscious of the fact that it is advanced.
In order to chase him, Huzinoki who gets near stealthily solely (the older sister), inquiring about that weak soliloquize, it throws out anger.
In order childhood friend everyone, not to make such thinking him hold, with, because in is touching as much as possible in the same way as former times, we wanted becoming aware.
That in the Hiroshi tree we want being here, you asked in order him at this place, not to do the thinking which is lonesome, with you asked childhood friend,.
The Hiroshi tree promises the fact that it recovers 8 years when the self is not.
While helping the work of the coffeehouse, during the time when it does freely and easily, you taste the natural air which it has begun to forget, pass calmly.
But by the fact that he returns, who it did and the dream which slept in thing heart started moving.
The gap of the time when you call 8 years, obstructs the actualization of dream, torments them.
Even then, in order to recover 8 years which are lost.
While in tragedy, searching just little desire with groping.......

See that game [edit:Railway noted above] does sound like it actually has as story and plot or at least that chance, which is better then nothing and seems more interesting to me at least then the one above that one Emu.

guys, i prefer you stick to crowd for now instead of the sister companies; it’s possible but i dont you guys to get your hopes up too much for anything outside of crowd

From Crowd proper, I nominate … nothing. All that’s on their page, that I could find anyway … was a bunch of XChange spinoffs (that I assume are candidates anyhow) and a few other games that did not appeal to me.

So that’s where I am now. This affiliate looks quite promising, but as for Crowd proper … well, if they still had info for their back catalogue up it would help, but they don’t.

I first and foremostly vote/suggest for Fukushu - Ryoujoku no Yaiba (review by Unicorn can be found here… http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000010.html ). It is a dark game, yes, but is is IMHO better than ANY dark games out on the english market right now. It also has more gameplay than just the standard ADV-gameplay we see, plus collecting of items and more… and there’s good characters in the game too

My next suggstion is to Obbligato. Judging from playign it at Unicorn’s before, it should be able to please most b-game fans expect for hose who are die-hard fans of Crow’s usual style.

Yin % Yang doesn’t seem like a bad choice either, even if the main chara probably can’t comptete with Takuya ;p. And it kinda helps to keep up the tradition of PP to release “X-change games” ;p.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
guys, i prefer you stick to crowd for now instead of the sister companies; it's possible but i dont you guys to get your hopes up too much for anything outside of crowd

I understand but please no X-Change take-offs even considered for translation it would not be new and on the heels of XC3 probably not all that interesting to many of us.

It might be kind of tradition but it is not new and even sticking with Crowd style games hopefully try for something new, which might only come from sister companies.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
I first and foremostly vote/suggest for Fukushu - Ryoujoku no Yaiba (review by Unicorn can be found here.. http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000010.html ). It is a dark game, yes, but is is IMHO better than ANY dark games out on the english market right now. It also has more gameplay than just the standard ADV-gameplay we see, plus collecting of items and more... and there's good characters in the game too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

It sounds interesting but my two fears are, and yes the others are sister companies and we should not get our hopes too high, but this could be dark, which is a trend that I hope can be gotten away from, and it is a detective story.

No matter how good it will be the first time through, will it have replayability? If you know "who done it" or know where to get what at what time, doesn't that take some of the fun out of trying for other endings, at least that is what I found with some of the detective games already translated.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
It sounds interesting but my two fears are, and yes the others are sister companies and we should not get our hopes too high, but this could be dark, which is a trend that I hope can be gotten away from, and it is a detective story.

No matter how good it will be the first time through, will it have replayability? If you know "who done it" or know where to get what at what time, doesn't that take some of the fun out of trying for other endings, at least that is what I found with some of the detective games already translated.

I've played the said game myself, and I can say that I at least think it is good. It is dark, yes, but not in the same way as Tsuki or sukkesybo or whatever it's name was, where the main chara does evil stuff jsut because of his own twisted personality, nor like in Gibo where the main characters actions are steered because of his traumatic childhood and/or pure hatred towards wifes... No, F-RnY is a different strippe of cat in terms of dark games here.

Also, I gurantee that it'll have replayability. It's not really a detective-story in the sense you describe it as, sicne you will know who the criminal is from the very beginning, but you will need to gather proof. Also, there's also much of a question of "who should be punished" or "do they deserve this?" in the game (not in terms of choices, but it could be said to be a moralic theme of this game)...

quote:
I've played the said game myself, and I can say that I at least think it is good. It is dark, yes, but not in the same way as Tsuki or sukkesybo or whatever it's name was, where the main chara does evil stuff jsut because of his own twisted personality, nor like in Gibo where the main characters actions are steered because of his traumatic childhood and/or pure hatred towards wifes... No, F-RnY is a different strippe of cat in terms of dark games here.

Also, I gurantee that it'll have replayability. It's not really a detective-story in the sense you describe it as, sicne you will know who the criminal is from the very beginning, but you will need to gather proof. Also, there's also much of a question of "who should be punished" or "do they deserve this?" in the game (not in terms of choices, but it could be said to be a moralic theme of this game)...

So how would you generally describe it in terms of being dark since it is not as dark as the ones you mentioned or the ones I was thinking of? Is it more along the lines of Slave Pageant which is dark but still lighter then even Jewel Knights?

It's good that it has the replayability, but is it in the way that each ending you go for there are new "avenues" found or in another way, I sort of got the idea it was from the avenues that are choosen based on what you said in your description.

One of the games I have been wanting to play for a while is that maid game. something ‚í‚è‚È‚«ƒƒCƒh something

How to ‚Ó‚£‚Ç‚é ƒwƒ‹ƒX•Ò looks interesting also.

I’d like to see anything translated but yin yang. The maid game is definately on the top fo my list though.

[This message has been edited by smog (edited 08-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by smog (edited 08-01-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
One of the games I have been wanting to play for a while is that maid game. something ‚í‚è‚È‚«ƒƒCƒh something

I wouldn't recommend that gmae. That game is short and illogical and even darker than Fukushu - RnY is in many ways... Read Unicorn's review of that one too: http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000011.html

As for Fukushu - RnY, I cannot explain it in terms of those games you mentioned, SCDawg, (Salve Paegant and Jewel Knights) since I do not know those games (haven't played nor looked too closely at them).

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 08-01-2004).]

quote:

As for Fukushu - RnY, I cannot explain it in terms of those games you mentioned, SCDawg, (Salve Paegant and Jewel Knights) since I do not know those games (haven't played nor looked too closely at them).

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 08-01-2004).]

Those games were just my examples describe it in any terms you can, because I am curious how light this dark game is in comparison to any of the other dark games on the market you have played.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Those games were just my examples describe it in any terms you can, because I am curious how light this dark game is in comparison to any of the other dark games on the market you have played.

Unicorn might do that better than me, but as he isn't here, I'll have to do my best ;p. won't be easy since there isn't much to compare the games to on the english market that I've played, through... The greatest difference is probably that althrough the main character does some bad things in the game, he actually has a good reason for it - in a snese, because what happens tot he main character in the beginning of the game justifies what he does afterwards - even if that depends on your point fo view, but I think most can sympatize with and understand the main character even if not all might agree with him. This is what makes Fukushu - RnY different from most dark games there is out at th english market for now.

So far I've heard no one sympatize with the madness of the main character in Tsuki, nor the evil of the main character in Virgin rooster. Althrough people have claimed that to some point they understand the main chara of Gibo, but none sympatizes with him as far as I know. And as far as I judge, the main characters of allt hree games are evil in some sense. The main character of Fukushu - RnY is not, just thirsty for revenge.

Also, in all three previously mentioned games - Tsuki, Virgin Rooster and Gibo, sthe story forces you to end up doing bad things to someone in _any case_. Fukushu - RnY does not; you culd actually play through the whole game without any "bad stuff" happening, even if that probably wouldn't fulfil your objective - but it is possible. It is even possible at some points showing mercy, an option not given in Tsuki (duunno about VR) but that you sometimes get in Gibo...

Also, as already mentioned. Fukushu - RnY doesn't work like most ADV's we're used to either (which is'why it might be good to release) - but it's difficult to explain, but I'll let this picture fromt he game explain:
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/soft/album/revf/mapb.jpg The school the main character attends has many buildings and you can choose where to go to - and inside the school itself, you can choose what floor to move to and what room, among other things. There's more to it too...

RnY does look pretty good.

As for the maid game, maybe I will just get the japanese version, its probably pretty cheap by now. The whole snowdrop system really sucks, but I still wouldnt mind playing it in english.