Future games?

Hi!
First things first:
as someone who has lurked here for years i just have to say:
Thank you very much Peachprincess for your great work!
Now to reason for my delurking- the theme was too tempting

I was on the Crowd site - not really much exciting there for me, regrettably.
if there aren’t any other options then:
“Miss you”
“Fukushuu”
“Obligato”
"Kyoushi"
in that order.
all have been discussed before so i won’t say anything more about them.

If by any chance the Sister companies are possible, then the future shines brighter
EMU would be my case
first place being:
The Kitten on Friday!
[What can i say? I just like catgirls. A lot. ]
at some distance following
Filnansis,
A rainbow after the rain,
Song,
Lunar Sea,
Blue Sky,
Railway.

It would be really nice to see something from EMU.

And one last qestion (and i know it has been asked before):
What happened to WILL?
Are you still cooperating?
Sorry if the question is indiscreet,
but if you just would answer that we could/couldn’t count on further Will releases, that would be nice.
(Would be a shame if we couldn’t though there are titles i would really like to see translated, but oh well…)

So
please keep up the good work
best regards

Well if Peach Princess is looking for a Crowd game, it seems Miss You has a near consensus even amongst those that are also pushing for a sister company, such as emu, deal.

Checked out the site and it does seem to be one of the more interesting of the Crowd games listed on the Crowd site.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-09-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
*MISS YOU - This one is a renai? DEFINITELY A MUST! Otherwise i will start to think CROWD just produce sex-crazy-themed games!

That's why CROWD never stops to amaze me too: They experiment with different kinds of gameplay and styles of stories and don't just specialize on one kind of game as other companies usually do.

quote:
Has animated characters

I never knew blinking eyes could be THAT important... ^^;;;;

quote:
*OBLIGATO - Looks interesting. Maybe a simulation? Someone have any info about this one?

In one of the four girl's paths, there is a sexual training SIM, yes. But the interesting part here is that the usual prerequisites and goals of a sexual training SIM are here turned upside down by her character...
On a side-notice: The paths of the other girls (without SIM) may also count as ren'ai paths.
However, the graphics style in Obbligato is somehow... unusual. I don't know for sure, but apparently this time they employed another artist than the one that worked on all the other CROWD-ADV-games that have been localized before.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-10-2004).]

quote:
I never knew blinking eyes could be THAT important... ^^;;;;
Then play Chrono Trigger.

With that random thought I'll leave for today.

Ok i lied.
I guess if we're stuck with Crowd after long consideration i'd go for:

Miss you
Fukushuu
Kyoushi

in no particular order.

Although I really prefer peapri to switch to emu.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 08-10-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
But Baldo, unlike you, I don't like games that are dark. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Not exactly: I prefer different/original/profound games. And Miss You truly misses this target...

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
Miss you
Fukushuu
Kyoushi

in no particular order.

Well, they'd probably finish Miss You long before FRnY anyway [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

I don't know about Kyoushi through :/.... But then,a gain, I know nothing about that oen and never felt like investigating further... Hey, Unicorn, this should perhaps be next on your list of games to order from Hokustore?? ;p.

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:

Not exactly: I prefer different/original/profound games. And Miss You truly misses this target...

To me at least Miss You seems right on target, it is a stereotype but based on the dark games that have been released in English they do not seem to be different/original/ and without question not profound. Each seems to predictably have rape, have one of the characters raped either fall in love or become dominated and so on...

Miss You on the other hand seems unique, at least to me it is the most unique of the Crowd games not already translated, and thus, if one cannot be gotten from a sister company, is still the best choice I think there is, and so far at least it seems the majority agrees. [edit] the majority of those posting whose votes are the only ones we can count at the moment right?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-10-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Hey, Unicorn, this should perhaps be next on your list of games to order from Hokustore?? ;p.

Well, I thought about Kyoushi as well as the first-ever Fukushuu for quite some time already. But with my current backlog and a load of games about to arrive, I think my next order from Hokustore is somewhere far in the future.

I already could supply gamer's infos to Fukushuu-Ryoujoku no Yaiba, Doushin, Miss You and Obbligato, but on the even older ones I have to pass.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
the majority of those posting whose votes are the only ones we can count at the moment right?

Well, we could also take a look at the results of ladyphoenix's current poll... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, I thought about Kyoushi as well as the first-ever Fukushuu for quite some time already. But with my current backlog and a load of games about to arrive, I think my next order from Hokustore is somewhere far in the future.

I already could supply gamer's infos to Fukushuu-Ryoujoku no Yaiba, Doushin, Miss You and Obbligato, but on the even older ones I have to pass.

Even through Crowd just re-released Kyoushi just like they've re-released XC 1&2?

No order from Hokustore for a while, thne? Aww, that's too bad, but you do as you wish, I suppose ;p. Besides, apart from the two one that will arrive in a matter of time, I can't think of any game you mentioned that you'd like to have... But maybe after a visit at mine or a couple of previews.. [img]http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/scorchio/sgrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 08-10-2004).]

quote:
Well, we could also take a look at the results of ladyphoenix's current poll... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

I did not know she had a poll up, missed that, thanks though, it's good to know she has one.

I couldn’t pick a romantic game genre, so I picked light and funny after hesitating between that and serious story-driven.

Results as of now:

Light and funny 13 (11%)
Serious story-driven 9 (7%)
A total sex romp 44 (38%)
Dark story-driven 6 (5%)
Fairy tale 9 (7%)
Hardcore fetish 8 (7%)
All of the above 25 (21%)
None of the above 0 (0%)
114 Total votes

sniff :’(

I take it those of us here are outnumbered since at least the outspoken number have expressed more interest in plot then another DYLHB type of game?

I think it says the survey may be flawed in that it limits choices to categories that may not match everyone’s personal preference. Like benoit, I was divided between “Light and funny” and “Serious story-driven”. I picked the latter since I like games with well developed stories, but some of them are “Light and Funny” too. The surprise, perhaps, was that “Dark story-driven” got the smallest percentage of the votes. A lot of the more vocal fans seem to be into rape fantasies. Now watch the stampede to stuff the ballot box for the dark side.

HI!
my opinion is a little different than yours.
Firstly I think that crowd games are greats and I really apprecite the tittle that I had play (more than other compagines).
Secondly I not apprecite the too dark or too lolicon games, one show or one girl for one game are enougth for me.
Finally, I prefer that PP translate a recent game, more than an old one.
I’m not sure to apprecite(at it just value)a game realised in 2002 when we finally got it translated in 2006( there is my personal delay estimation)
(sorry if my english isn’t fluent)
ps: a little question “obligato” i don’t find it. what game is it(please… a link)

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
I think it says the survey may be flawed in that it limits choices to categories that may not match everyone's personal preference. Like benoit, I was divided between "Light and funny" and "Serious story-driven".

Make that three of us then that were torn between those categories. You're right the vocal majority does seem to be into dark stories, but even they want a story-driven plot from what some of them say anyway, so I would have thought that would have done better, yet whichever way you look at it I am amazed "A total sex romp" is dominating the individual category choices.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-10-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Pierre:

Finally, I prefer that PP translate a recent game, more than an old one.
I'm not sure to apprecite(at it just value)a game realised in 2002 when we finally got it translated in 2006( there is my personal delay estimation)

Part of the problem, as I understand it, in the "delays" is that the system still is not setup, the market is too new for one thing, for everyone that is translating to have instant turnarounds. Also without the large market that has yet to exist, such as for anime and manga, you most likely will not see many games that are popular in Japan in 2004 coming out here in 2005, the system is not setup for that kind of turn around, at least not at this time.

Welcome to the boards Pierre.

quote:

I picked up and played Kyoushi quite awhile back. I would definitely compare it to Xchange 1 in terms of length and quality. I did not get the re-released version so the graphic quality was a bit dated but was not horrible, like say DOR [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. I can say though that among the choices available Kyoushi should be ranked last since it is fairly lacking in all departments, especially story and length.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
I picked up and played Kyoushi quite awhile back. I would definitely compare it to Xchange 1 in terms of length and quality. I did not get the re-released version so the graphic quality was a bit dated but was not horrible, like say DOR [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. I can say though that among the choices available Kyoushi should be ranked last since it is fairly lacking in all departments, especially story and length.

... even if compared to OMnY?

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
... even if compared to OMnY?
I'd say not, but that's me. But i guess it should be just above OMnT