Future games?

Ah okay, that does explain it.

•œQ-½J‚̐n@•œ"Å
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/soft/album/revf/revf.html

¬ã¬∂*¬��tR ¬Å¬Ç√ã¬Ç√߬Ç√≠¬Ç√™¬Ç¬Ω¬ê¬ß¬ï¬û¬Å
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/soft/ksr/ksr.html

"¯SŽOŽo–…‚̃Gƒƒ…[ƒh`@•œ"Å
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/soft/album/douf/douf.html

From what I can find on their site… some of their games that are now closed out seem interesting but hard to tell since all you have is a pic of the cover?

The one between x-change and tci in the top row… and the bottom 3 on the left side.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I believe he was posting in Japanese. It showed up garbled on my end as well.

I have Japanese IME's installed and running, so I can read it... Yes, he is posting in Japanese, as are several other people.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
I have Japanese IME's installed and running, so I can read it... Yes, he is posting in Japanese, as are several other people.

Is there a place to get Japanese IME's for installing so these might become readable?

quote:
Originally posted by BettiePage:
From what I can find on their site... some of their games that are now closed out seem interesting but hard to tell since all you have is a pic of the cover?

The bottom one looks interesting at least from the one CG image I am able to see, is there anything more known about that game?

Or is that answered within the Japanese that is not coming up clearly for some reason, though it does on other sites.

Are the middle or top ones dark games?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-08-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Is there a place to get Japanese IME's for installing so these might become readable?

If you have Windows 2000/XP, it is just a matter of install the language settings (In Windows 2000, go to Control Panel - Regional Settings).

quote:
IME stands for Input Method Editor. It is used to enter kana and kanji in English Windows applications. In order to display Japanese characters you need a browser with the appropriate font support. Foreign language fonts are available as an update for IE5 and IE6. I don't know about other browsers.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
we are only planning at this point and seeing the possibility of looking into crowd's other titles and possibly the sister companies

it will be a long while before we can confirm anything

As i expected. That's okay i got other games i can look forward to (on the non-h front though), such as the next installment of Xenosaga. Hopefully we'll know though before Episode 3 hits the shelves though.
quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[ Foreign language fonts are available as an update for IE5 and IE6. I don't know about other browsers.

Well let me ask a different question, how come it shows fine on some pages and not others? This for one, but the CDJapan site it shows fine on when I click the link for samples of songs.

quote:
The bottom one looks interesting at least from the one CG image I am able to see, is there anything more known about that game?

That is Doushin, a game that is already being worked on. The tentative title for the english localization is as far as I remember Synchronous Hearts.

quote:
Are the middle or top ones dark games?

These two are Kyoushi and Fukushuu - Ryoujoku no Yaiba.
Both are dark games, the first one being a typical novel and the second one ...
Well I think Spec and I have already raved enough about FRnY, so I'd cut it out here. But if you want to know more about it, you may look here.

quote:
Originally posted by K-Oss:
I'd like to see "Miss you" translated.

I broke down last weekend and finally testplayed Miss you last weekend. So, now I think I know it good enough to talk about it.

First and foremost, I was quite surprised:
This is really a ren'ai-game by CROWD! All other games from them (except Brave Soul) contain at least a minimal share of brutishness, but this one apparently doesn't.

The stories themselves (there are 4 main storylines) are nice, even though they are no real competition to Crescendo or Kana.
... and it indeed is a short game. Even though I played it in japanese, it took me only six hours to play through a quarter of the game's story-tree. So, it should be worth about twentyfour hours of playing time.
Probably it will last even less than that if it is localized to the english language...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-09-2004).]

quote:
Well let me ask a different question, how come it shows fine on some pages and not others? This for one, but the CDJapan site it shows fine on when I click the link for samples of songs.

Probably:

(1) You might be missing some fonts.
(2) The page isn't using the correct encoding. Go to View - Encoding - More and try the some other Japanese settings.

OK then, let’s all root for Miss You!

quote:
Another possibility is that Japanese is often shown as a graphic rather than text. For example, I can type@‚Ç‚à‚¤@‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤[domou arigatou] using IME, and it appears as gibberish unless your browser supports the correct fonts. If I create a graphic for the text and insert it as [img]http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery2/galleries/59/thumb955.jpg[/img] it appears as hiragana.

You asked before about installing IME. That's actually a pretty useful thing to have, if you're studying the language. You can download the package for non-XP Windows IME here. There's an illustrated step by step guide on how to use it here.

Thank you for links, it seems to be clearing things up nicely.

Back to the “future games” topic, i think the best games to be translated next from the Crowd games are:

*MISS YOU - This one is a renai? DEFINITELY A MUST! Otherwise i will start to think CROWD just produce sex-crazy-themed games!

*FUKUSHUU - According the review, this one is a very unusual and interesting dark-themed game, different than the typical ‘crazy/perverted protagonist forcing/blackmailing poors and innocents girls to have sex with him and satisfy all his dirty desires’-themed games. Has animated characters and a great interface too (with parameter, locations, time, hints and objects to check).

*OBLIGATO - Looks interesting. Maybe a simulation? Someone have any info about this one?

*KYOUSHI - I found a review to this one:
http://www.densetsu.com/display.php?id=317&style=alphabetical

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
OK then, let's all root for Miss You!

I'm sorry, but if we can't receive games of different software houses, this title is surely the baddest choice, in my opinion. Give us Fukushuu, instead.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
*MISS YOU - This one is a renai? DEFINITELY A MUST! Otherwise i will start to think CROWD just produce sex-crazy-themed games! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Is there a link to any CG from this game?

And please, from a personal request, no more dark themed games, even interesting ones, I am not one that likes rape and such and am getting tired of seeing them in each and every game that is released recently.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-09-2004).]

quote:
Is there a link to any CG from this game?

Here:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=9844

Other CROWD games you can check here:
http://www.getchu.com/php/list_per_brand.phtml?brand_id=31

quote:

And please, from a personal request, no more dark themed games, even interesting ones, I am not one that likes rape and such and am getting tired of seeing them in each and every game that is released recently.

I prefer no more games with rape or any dark-themed game for a while too. But i don't see why not to translate FUKUSHUU someday.
I mean, even if preapri decides to translate this one, will not be release any time soon, anyway.

(Now, if you convince G-Col to stop release kishiku-themed games for a while too...^^')

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
I prefer no more games with rape or any dark-themed game for a while too. But i don't see why not to translate FUKUSHUU someday.
I mean, even if preapri decides to translate this one, will not be release any time soon, anyway.

(Now, if you convince G-Col to stop release kishiku-themed games for a while too...^^')

I know what you mean about it not being released for a while, it has a few starting with LMM and ending with XC3 before it would get worked on, still...

Well I think their next one is not dark themed, then a few more are darked themed, seems to be what G-Collections rightly or wrongly considers a sure money maker at the moment.

But Baldo, unlike you, I don’t like games that are dark.

Miss you!
Miss you!