G-collections news *Jaw Drops*

Well G-collection finally announced some of their upcoming games and put together a Tottemo product page. Go check it out.

Quote from G-collections
We will be releasing “Sensei 2” on January 7, 2003.
“Tsuki” in February, and
"Kango Shicyauzo 2" and “Watashi ni Konya Ai ni Kite” will follow shortly after!
Get ready for these new and exciting titles!!

Time to start doing some research on new english titles!?!

Interesting. Well, Kango 2 isn’t all that much of a surprise but it’s nice to have some titles. And of course “Sensei 2” just begs the question, what’s the original one? And it’s definitely nice to finally get some more information on Tottemo itself. (I just finished reading the J-List descript as well.)

That means there’s one title that hasn’t been announced yet. That’s 5 total.(including Tottemo Pheromone). Unless Private Nurse was the 6th title.

Cool!!! Xcellent!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
That means there's one title that hasn't been announced yet. That's 5 total.(including Tottemo Pheromone). Unless Private Nurse was the 6th title.

More than likely it was. Unless I'm losing my mind again, they announced Private Nurse like a month after their "6 games coming!" annoucement.

Of course, this doesn't mean they don't have more games in the pipeline. They very well may; they just might not be ready to announce. G-collections seems to have avoided as far as possible announcing a title then making people wait, even for a few months. (Which, all in all, isn't as bad an idea as you might think. When you're as small as G-collections obviously is, you don't want to give people time to forget about / stop anticipating a release.)

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
More than likely it was. Unless I'm losing my mind [b]again, they announced Private Nurse like a month after their "6 games coming!" annoucement.

Of course, this doesn't mean they don't have more games in the pipeline. They very well may; they just might not be ready to announce. G-collections seems to have avoided as far as possible announcing a title then making people wait, even for a few months. (Which, all in all, isn't as bad an idea as you might think. When you're as small as G-collections obviously is, you don't want to give people time to forget about / stop anticipating a release.)[/b]

I thought they put the "we have 6 more titles coming out" blurb when They announced Private Nurse, which would mean there's one more title that they haven't announced yet.

The 6 upcoming games was announced after Private Nurse. So in theory Doug is correct to assume one more game coming.

Excellent news, time to start saving up

does anyone know anything about the Sensei series and what kind of games they are? i’m hoping for a slave training sim of some kind, since sensei is usually a title of respect for a teacher…does anyone know for sure?

phoenix we know the 1 title your waiting for, and i think its the only one exactly what your looking for… but hey i spoze you can always dream em?

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
does anyone know anything about the Sensei series and what kind of games they are? i'm hoping for a slave training sim of some kind, since sensei is usually a title of respect for a teacher....does anyone know for sure?

Gee, I really doubt that the Sensei serie is a couple of slave-training-sims, since I still haven't heard from anyone that Zyx, DO or Trabulance have made any SIM... The games seems to have a somewhat dark atmosphere, through.

Hmm, just from puttering around Gamelex GS, it says the sensei series is an AVG series. Er, let’s see, in the Sensei 3 descript it does say that you “rape and train beautiful female teachers”. So I’m guessing there are no ratings or meters but you still do “training”. (I really need to start remembering to read through Gamelex, at least then I’ll know something about some of the games I read in BugBug. )

Err, that still sounds a little too “thin” t for us to determite if it is a lsave-training-title or not. I wouldn’t dare to do any bets, not right now, anyway.

Still better than nothing. Himeya soft just lists Sensei 3 as being “School ADV”. I mean, we could always go back to the discussion on what exactly constitutes a sim versus an adventure game.

I wouldn’t put anything into what Himeya lists as game type, I have seen them wrong so many times. As for Sensei I believe it is more ADV than SIM but it does contain some SIM elements.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Save UP now before XMass ! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

huh?
I don't usually spend a lot of money on this season, anytime is good for me to start saving [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Still better than nothing. Himeya soft just lists Sensei 3 as being "School ADV". I mean, we could always go back to the discussion on what exactly constitutes a sim versus an adventure game.

Perhaps [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. But, as I told Unicorn in an e-mail to him, I've begun to suspect that there might be very few, or perhaps no true SIMs, because that most SIMs I've seen/heard off seems to contain at least a few adventure elements, making it kind of hard to say whenever we should think of it as a SIM, a SIM/ADV or an ADV with a few SIM elements.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 12-18-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Perhaps [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. But, as I told Unicorn in an e-mail to him, I've begun to suspect that there might be very few, or perhaps no true SIMs, because that most SIMs I've seen/heard off seems to contain at least a few adventure elements, making it kind of hard to say whenever we should think of it as a SIM, a SIM/ADV or an ADV with a few SIM elements.
Well, it all depends on what you call a SIM.
For instance, if you consider Tokimemo (all), Pia (all), Comipa, Mitsumete Knight, PM3, Sotsugyo (I and II) as being SIM/ADV, because you can choose to go somewhere and talk to people, then, of course, I don't have anything to add...

For me, a game is a SIM as long as it is divided into regular time intervals, during which you can choose between different activities/plan activities which would modify the main character's (you, or your daughter, or your slave, or your student, etc.) stats AND that gameplay is an important part of the game.

OTOH, an ADV is a game in which you're free to choose your moves through a GUI and the flow of the game depends on your interactions (actions and talks) with the other characters.
A NVL is a simplified ADV, without the GUI but just text-based choices.

For instance, "Darcrows" (to take an example you're familiar with and apparently enjoyed) is a SIM because every half-day you can choose the training you're giving to the girls, it modifies their stats and this training is the main part of the game.
It is NOT an ADV because you don't choose to go to locations where your decisions would be what influence the flow of the game.

The same way, TM isn't an ADV, because even if you can choose to go to locations to interact with the girls (the "dates") or trigger off events, it's not what influences the flow of the game.

"Snow Drop" OTOH isn't a SIM, even if each day is segmented into time intervals, because in those time intervals, you don't choose activities to perform (or locations to perform an activity) but a location to go where events would happen for your character to react to. And it's an ADV because your decisions are what makes up the game's flow and there's a GUI.

"To Heart" is a NVL, because, even if your decisions are what makes up the game's flow, it's text only (no GUI).

EDT: Of course, we could also argue about who should give a definition or where to take it from. My answer would be to analyze definitions are needed for words. Words are part of a language, and the essential function of languages is to allow people to communicate and understand each others. Definitions are needed to provide a common ground for understanding through common meaning for the same word. Therefore, I think we should try to go for finding what is apparently the common definition. AFAI'm concerned, I'm basing mine on those found in the bishoujo magazines I read... which can be a bad thing, since I'm not reading the most widely read ones, but... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 12-18-2002).]

to sum up what he just said, you will either like the game… or you will not.

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
EDT: Of course, we could also argue about who should give a definition or where to take it from. My answer would be to analyze definitions are needed for words. Words are part of a language, and the essential function of languages is to allow people to communicate and understand each others. Definitions are needed to provide a common ground for understanding through common meaning for the same word. Therefore, I think we should try to go for finding what is apparently the common definition. AFAI'm concerned, I'm basing mine on those found in the bishoujo magazines I read... which can be a bad thing, since I'm not reading the most widely read ones, but... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 12-18-2002).]

You need to be more confusing! Come on, even I can do better than that. Define definition.