G-collection's Site Change

Take a look at their site now. Apparently they’re offering Japanese and Chinese games for direct download (using V-mate perhaps?) Somehow the Chinese games are $10? Though they say the games are downloadable, they still assess shipping charges to other countries for some reason…

The games in the Chinese section both have some very nice lolita characters in them

i wonder whats the chances or them also being released in their English area…

hmmmh
i’ve been meaning to learn Chinese at some point for the career options it’d open… this might be another good motivation

Aw, lolitas… disgusting… i hate loli games!!! They reached a new low point…
Yes, it’s strange, but they charge for shipping a downloadable game… weird, truly…
Perhaps they are in bad water…

TTH in Italy those loli or shota looking games are illegal!

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 12-06-2004).]

Hey, hey…some people happen to be into that you know. I happen to like the designs…probably more than any of GC’s other games. I hope that doesn’t make me “lower” than other b-gamers. I’d buy the top one in a heartbeat…if it was in English. It’s hard to refuse a good-looking $10 game. As it is, I don’t play games I can’t understand, so oh well…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 12-06-2004).]

Good looking or not, that stuff was declared illegal here in Italy, so, understand the game language or not,no way!!!

Italian jails are not the top of commodity, you know, in spite of the joke “Mom please send all of the new letters to this new address of mine: Hotel Regina Coeli, Via della Lungara 20 - 00100 Roma”… No desire to visit them for even a single minute.

What exactly does this Italian law say? More importantly, perhaps, how is it actually enforced? And please, no actual Italian.

Whatever material depicting minors having sexual intercourse - novels, videos, etc etc - is considered “instigation to pedophilia” and therefore can be persecuted. Because of that, every net contact is registered for two years here in Italy, and can be controlled everytime they need.

In Italy, it’s automatic for the justice to open a judgement against everyone that commits a crime; “basta la mossa”, ie “the move is enough”, and you’re fried.

How i know what i know? My uncle - yes, the famous general one - was for some years in charge of operations against dirty guys on the net. And believe me Postal Police give them hell everyday.

Okay, I think I understand the law itself, but keep in mind that there’s ways around it. For one, these are animated pictures. They’re not pictures of actual minors. Second, all you have to do is slap this on:

Important note: all characters in this game, as in all games we sell, are aged 18 or older.

…and they’re not minors. They’re 18, and unless the game itself says they’re underage (which it won’t, even in the original, since Japanese self-censorship discourages it), there’s nothing you or anyone else can say to prove otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
Whatever material depicting minors having sexual intercourse - novels, videos, etc etc - is considered "instigation to pedophilia" and therefore can be persecuted. Because of that, every net contact is registered [b] for two years here in Italy, and can be controlled everytime they need.

[/b]

First of all, no character in games has a real age. Remember! They ALL are made up. Once again, they ARE just animated characters, which means they do NOT have real ages.

And if you are to tell me that it is possible to determine if one is an underage or not just by looking at them and that your country arrests people based on just by how "they look".

My advice to you: You better stop playing Bishoujo games once and for all. And leave this community for good.

Most girls in Bishoujo games can be "interpreted" as underage girls. Even if they have big breasts and mature look, they can still be underage...Look around...look at how well developed teenagers are nowadays. BUT...some adult women can also look like underage women, especially Asians.

Finally, PLEASE respect all kind of fetishes and interests. If you don't like it, FINE, it's your choice, but others might like it. In bishoujo game community, all fetishes should be treated as equal as they are just animated characters.

Noirbo, i understand your point of view, but please understand everyone has a law to obey at. And i have to obey to mine. Plus, i’ve specified I, nor it seems to me i said we. Singular is singular, and plural is plural.

And you got the point, if they look underaged and the age is not specified, how can you prove to the law they are not minors?

Believe it or not, in Italy that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
I still remeber the “Play X” case, it made a lot of glamour some years ago. And the “Topolin Edizione” case, too. I’ll post the links , might have them somewhere…

quote:
And you got the point, if they look underaged and the age is not specified, how can you prove to the law they are not minors?

Please read this carefully ...It's from my previous post...
--------------------------------------------------------------
And if you are to tell me that it is possible to determine if one is an underage or not just by looking at them and that your country arrests people based on just by how "they look".

My advice to you: You better stop playing Bishoujo games once and for all. And leave this community for good.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the fact that you CAN'T prove to your law that ALL girls in Bishoujo games you have played/are playing so far ARE NOT minors ...

See my point ??? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Because Your law can just say those ANIMATED characters are minors and you are screwed

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 12-06-2004).]

quote:

According to the Italian law system, are you guilty until proven innocent? If so, I feel for you. If not, then your question doesn't have any merit.

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:
Because Your law can just say those ANIMATED characters are minors and you are screwed

If i have the house statement - aged 18 or older - i'm safe, it's up to them after that... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Dark Shiki, you're not considered guilty! You are innocent, but "suspect" till the end of the trial - it can last for more then ten years... - and that's even more troublesome.
Even if you're proved innocent, on your penal statement such a thing - the penal procedure, i mean - is written anyway. Plus, the lawyer's fee and all the rest is up to you. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Plus, i've specified [b]I, nor it seems to me i said we. Singular is singular, and plural is plural.[/b]

If you're wondering why the two of us are upset, this is part of the reason:

quote:
They reached a new low point...

Also, remember that when you say "X fetish in b-games is disgusting!", you're also displaying contempt for the people who happen to be into that fetish. That's not nice. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] There's better, more discrete, ways of expressing your aversion without putting others on the defensive.

Whatever, Dark Shiki. But still I implies subjectivity. So, if i say “They reached a new low”, it’s from my personal and exclusive point of view.

And you can’t change the fact i still dislike this kind of loli-looking games characters…

X-fetish and SM is great!!!

Okay, well let me ask you this, Italicus. Let’s ignore the “all characters in this game, as in all games we sell, are aged 18 or older” statement, for the moment. In Italy, has anyone been prosecuted for the sole possession of sexually-explicit animated pictures that could be considered lolicon-oriented, or even pedophilic? What was the outcome of said cases, if they exist?

Ah, you mean the “Play X case” i was mentioning before? They - Play X, i mean - posted a demo of a loli-looking jap B-Game on their monthly CD release. One denounced them, and the printed material was stopped and destroyed.
Give me a day to find the link and i’ll tell you how the trial finished.

Not whatever. Disliking something is fine. Condemning a certain “interest,” and people who are into that interest by association, AND without objective reasons, isn’t fine. Forum members here are expected to be above that sort of thing. Just because Italian law MAY forbid lolicon games doesn’t mean you can go bashing them with impunity without angering others. Do you see my point?

By the way, when I said “X fetish” before, I meant the X to represent “input any random fetish here.”

quote:
Ah, you mean the "Play X case" i was mentioning before? They - Play X, i mean - posted a demo of a loli-looking jap B-Game on their monthly CD release. One denounced them, and the printed material was stopped and destroyed.
Give me a day to find the link and i'll tell you how the trial finished. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Interesting. What does this company, Play-X, do in general? What exactly was this "monthly CD release?" Who is this "One" you refer to that denounced them?

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Not whatever. Disliking something is fine. Condemning a certain "interest," and people who are into that interest by association, AND without objective reasons, isn't fine.

I'm not condemning anything, i only said "I hate-dislike" and "my law forbid it!". You are saying so, not me.

Even if it seems subjective to you, DS, in the end my state law has effect here. So what is subjective for you is objective to me. See the point?