G-Money

quote:
Originally posted by Hideki:
Well I finally got my copy of Heart De Roommate! At first I expected to get one coin but I ended up getting 190 G-Money. I don't whether or not this is alot but it is more than I anticipated.
If you think of G-bucks as a voucher for a free game, that makes it roughly a $6 coupon [190/1500~=$6.32/$49.95]. Seven more game orders earns prize #3. Of course, it all depends on how generous G-Collections is with their G-money.

quote:
Originally posted by tiger_of_the_wind2040:
hmmm. 190 huh. well i guess it depends on what you get but you shouldn't expect much. I'd like those pack of cards though. also "Virgin Roster" i don't know, I don't really like to play rape games but something about Virgin Roster intrigues me. can anyone tell me if its good or does the main character have any redeeming qualities or good endings, don't care about spoilers.

You can read a review of the game in the Bishoujo Game Reviews forum of this message board.

I have a question. why is it that almost all of the games i’ve played there is always one girl who looks like jailbait. you know the one that looks oh say 14 or 15, small breasts, usually the most sexually active. man i don’t know why gamemakers do that.

because they know what i like

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 03-07-2004).]

LMAO exo! That was great…

Because they are cute?
Though Arisa from True Love wasn’t sexually active…

OK, I don’t know.

It:s because of all those lolicon players out there who wantlittle girls :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s also pretty much a typical stereotype for these games. A very popular one. And you go with what works. (We can also go into the whole fantasy element you get from the games if you like…)

Besides, I do know girls who are actually older than I am but look like they’re only half our age. They’re just built that way. (Not that I’m complaining really…)

Okay I get what you mean but for some reason everytime I go to their sex scenes or something I feel like I’m commiting a crime or rape or something like child molestation. Why is that? But this is only sometimes, I mean if all the characters looked that way of kind of kidlike like in True Love the show it would be alright

Alright lets get into the whole fantasy element

Me and my big keyboard…

Well I mean the general fantasy element people get from playing these games, the chance to “do” things one would normally consider “forbidden” or even just “distasteful”. It’s a little escapism for our lives, a bit more than the one you get from movies since these games are played from a first person viewpoint usually.

That’s why so many stereotypes and scenarios are built along those lines. Relationships with lolita characters, incest, student-teacher relationships, step-siblings and step-parents, wives, nuns, the list goes quite a ways. (And that’s not even touching the fact that the “you” in the game seems to get lucky with almost any person possible and that the majority them are virgins…) Then there’s the other things like molestation (child or otherwise), rape, sexual fetishisms, and even “minor” things that a person wouldn’t consider doing in real life like oral sex, all these things can be found in one of these games.

It doesn’t even have to stray into the illegal or the alternative. You could be a middle-aged person, playing them to “recapture your youth” or just the fantasy of dating someone 10 years younger than you. (And before you jokers start, for the record, I’m 28.)

Now I won’t debate the “correctness” of what’s found in these games against real world context. (Yes, I’ve been reading the other thread…) But I believe one of the reasons people enjoy these games is the chance to do things that you wouldn’t or couldn’t do in real life. And as long as that strong “fantasy” element remains (and keeps selling titles), you’ll keep seeing lolita type characters out there.

Okay that much I already knew. But now that you bring it up it sounds really creepy that middle age men are playing this stuff and getting their jerk on. I also doubt that I’ll be playing these games when i’m 40 but I’ll probably show it to my kids to for a kick( when they’re at the appropriate age cause I wouldn’t be one of those messed up parents). And I play these games cause they’re just an extention of anime and I lik anime but I’m not on of those hardcore fans that go to conventions dressed up and all that crap. Still incest? molestation? I’d hate to meet the person that likes that stuff. I’m not saying rape cause it fascinates me. Now I not making fun but 28 hmmm… okay that’s not too bad but you need to get out more often. Actually scratch that cause I remember reading a thread where this guy said his girlfriend plays that to. But your right the highschool scenerio does remind me of college.

This was partially why I didn’t really want to go into this…

quote:
Okay that much I already knew. But now that you bring it up it sounds really creepy that middle age men are playing this stuff and getting their jerk on.

Actually, I said middle age person because I know of at least one middle age woman who plays these games.

quote:
And I play these games cause they’re just an extention of anime and I lik anime but I’m not on of those hardcore fans that go to conventions dressed up and all that crap.

I just was giving the fantasy/escapism element reason. There’s multiple reasons why we play these games. My main reason is that I really like a good story. That’s why my top games are story-focused ones. For me, RPGs are fun but I get bored with them too readily. But I’ll sit down and go through Kana or Snow Drop just to re-read the story and see if I can find nuances I didn’t notice before.

quote:
Still incest? molestation? I’d hate to meet the person that likes that stuff. I’m not saying rape cause it fascinates me.

Because those are the topics that tend to be most prevelant when we have these discussions. But like I said, there are other things, even minor ones most people wouldn’t consider like oral sex. From a discussion from one of my friends, her entire life she was told oral sex was immoral and wrong. But in these games she can vicariously experience it. So for her, her reality is that she wouldn’t even consider performing oral sex but through the fantasy element of these games she would.

And I was keeping the subject to just “realistic fantasies”. But there are games where it really does stray into the “fantasy” lines. Human/animal hybrids. Ghosts. Nature spirits. Aliens. (Although, depending on your beliefs, they might not be “fantasy creatures” to you…)

The main point was that you can “experience” certain things through these games that you can’t or won’t in real life and that’s a very big attraction. For a person it could be the idea of a homosexual relationship, another gender changing, or for some, just the idea of using “toys” in their “private time” may be a hangup. These games can become a safe, relatively harmless way for people to experiment a little.

quote:
Now I not making fun but 28 hmmm… okay that’s not too bad but you need to get out more often. Actually scratch that cause I remember reading a thread where this guy said his girlfriend plays that to.

Well it’s also a little rude, especially since I’m also not the oldest person here. (It’s not like you turn 24 and get a note saying “stop playing these games”.) These games are only a small part of my life. I do go out, have fun, get slapped, regular stuff. Like any other hobby, even if you only spend an hour or two each week, you end up with alot of knowledge on the subject, and I’ve been playing these games for awhile. And like many hobbies, you need to be able to draw the line before it becomes an obsession.

There are several married people here, people who have gotten their spouses, fiances and significant others playing these games. (One of my friend’s sister and brother-in-law play the copy of TCI I gave him for Christmas more than he does.) You can’t get caught up in the stereotypical belief that only horny, social-inept men play these games. I always felt that was a particularly amusing stereotype since the main sites I go to for information and reviews of these games are all run by women.

First of all, How the hell do you guys do that quote thing?

Secondly damn thats creepy. middle age women playing this? True on the good story. Also oral sex rocks!!! Ya animal hybrids e.g. catgirls yaa!!! Never seen ghosts or aliens although but I have seen fairies and very rarely angels of girls with wings. homosexual relationships, toys? you’re talking about women right? Married people? well i guess it’d be the same as them watching a “movie” together. and lastly, ya I was wondering if the reviewer of animetric was a girl or not. I don’t know, I may be completely wrong in saying this cause I’m still pretty young, 20, first year at university and I’m not married so I wouldn’t know about other people.

quote:
First of all, How the hell do you guys do that quote thing?

One of the buttons is a "reply w/quote". (The last one.) It'll get you started off or you can manually put in the code.

quote:
Secondly damn thats creepy. middle age women playing this?

*shrug* There's a wide variety of people who play the games. I'm sure as heck not going to tell her to not play the games. I might be creeped out if she asked me to play a bishoujo game with her, but otherwise, what she does on her own if her business.

quote:
Never seen ghosts or aliens although but I have seen fairies and very rarely angels of girls with wings.

Well, I can think of at least two games in English with a "ghost" in it. (Though it also depends on how you define them.) Can't think of any aliens off-hand. They're usually in the sci-fi genre and we havn't had all that many come over yet.

quote:
homosexual relationships, toys? you're talking about women right? Married people?

The homosexual relationships part was mainly about women, yes. But Payne-sama mentioned that there's a possibility of bringing over a yaoi title. Then men would be included. The titles are out there, just not in English just yet.

As for toys, again, for some people it's not something they would consider in real-life. That using something like a vibrator or anal beads is immoral or maybe they're a little scared to try them. For the most part, if you're already playing these games, you're probably a little liberal in your sexual views, but that doesn't mean you don't have a hangup somewhere.

Married people or just couples in general, also can use the "fantasy" element of playing the games. It maybe as simple as getting new ideas for spicing up their sex life or maybe they would like to try a multiple-partner scenario, but can't bring themselves to approach someone to join them. These games allow a chance to vivaciously have such a scenario, yet still keep it private and just between the two of them.

quote:
and lastly, ya I was wondering if the reviewer of animetric was a girl or not.

Yes, Rowena-san is a female. She doesn't post here quite as much as in the past but she does pipe up every so often.

Hmm, we definitely strayed well off-topic now. I'll see if I can dig up the thread where we were talking about various reasons for playing these games. Worst comes to worst, I'll just open up a new topic on it...

Hmmm, okay, well I guess you covered all there is to be covered

Hey does anyone know anything about Oshiete Agechau?

I just recieved my game (Heart de Roommate), mousepad, and keychain.

I still have 580 points left, I need 920 points more for another game!

Did you get more G-Money with the free game?

------------------

I wish I had gotten more G-Money, but alas I did not.

Most of the G-Money I recieved before they even announced this contest, about 1600 or so from my order of I Want to Serve You, and I still have that one lonely trading card.