Ghetto quickine review of Idols Galore

im not going to go over the game to much as to not spoil… however there IS a rape scene in this game for each of the girls… thats my only warning… the scene is once… and unavoidable… much like jewel knights, the girls afterwards seem to just shake it off (for lack of a better way to put it)

The character is meant to be a sort of dark character, however the more you play… the less you see of it. ive only played about half way though a scenario and have ended up with Kyoka as far as i can tell.

The game has choices of what you have the girls participate in, and each choice seems to determine if the next one is successful or not.

Anyway thats about all i have played thus far, so thats my mini-ghetto review… if ya dont like it… Mega-Byte me

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 09-29-2004).]

Ghetto =]

I need to pick this game up

AGAIN a “dark game that is not dark”?
WTF? G-Collections needs to stop this lame trend…

I think he means, that the game starts out a bit shady, but turns out to be fairly normal after the beginning?

Dammit Gambit why didn’t you put this up earlier so I didn’t have to do all that damn writing

That’s exactly what he’s saying. As you go on in the game you are reminded less of the darker aspects of your job. In fact Slave padgent is a very good comparison on how this game is. Starts out dark but gets lighter as you progress.

I was pretty much randoming selecting selections not caring about the outcome and I hit the rape section after which I got a bad ending. Guess I’m not cut out to be a idol manager

[This message has been edited by wanfu2k1 (edited 09-29-2004).]

That’s exactly what I meant. It starts out dark, and gets lighter. It’s the new trend, and I don’t like it, for it is unrealistic, and I’m not a gamer of dark bishoujo games.

well in my opinion the character starts to respect the buinsess for what it is… and realizes how hard the girls actually work… a good 2 weeks goes by and he starts to change slowly over that 2 weeks its not like over 1 night.

The game never really starts out that dark… but things he thinks tells you how bad he can be… or once was, but the fact that he doesnt act on them very often (the 1 scene mentioned above is the exception) is a sign that this game was never meant to be a “dark style game”

lets not abuse the word dark benoit. Lets say its a little shady. When I tihnk dark, I am thinking something like tsuki.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
AGAIN a "dark game that is not dark"?
WTF? G-Collections needs to stop this lame trend...

[SITHMINDTRICK]Come on! Listen to your heart! You actually don't abhor it, you just don't realize it. Join the dark side, it is FUN! [/SITHMINDTRICK]

Besides, only Villians have the ease of shopping from their homes… errr… lairs.

In the battle between Good and Evil, Evil will always win. Because we CHEAT. Villian Supply.com

But there is still an unavoidable rape scene, and the girls act as if it wasn’t bad. I wouldn’t be able to digest that.

X-Change: it’s rape and it’s not rape at the same time.

Little my Maid: can be avoided, and you aren’t the one doing it anyway.

Tokimeki Check-In!: can be avoided.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
X-Change: it's rape and it's not rape at the same time.

Reminds me of Robin Williams... "They're talking about partial nuclear disarmament. This is like talking about partial circumcision. You either go all the way or ****ing forget about it."

How can it be both at the same time?

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I hate I say this but most of the people here have already joined the dark side. It is no fun just work work work

You're not supposed to mention that, remember? Mmm?

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 10-03-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:

Reminds me of Robin Williams... "They're talking about partial nuclear disarmament. This is like talking about partial circumcision. You either go all the way or ****ing forget about it."

How can it be both at the same time?

Someone both consents and doesn't consent at the same time, with different parts of themselves. This makes no sense and yet is quite possible.

... it's still kind of scummy, but I thought in TCI! at least the unavoidable scene on Nanami's route wasn't THAT bad. There were other parts that I did have a problem with (poor poor Ayumi).

ya know what though… theres some upsides that i have now finished the game via kyoka’s ending, the game doesnt focus on what he did… sure the girls are mad for the next few scenes… but then the game goes on a very nice path after that… so if you can bring your self to get past those quick scenes, the game moves on and isnt all that dark or a better word might be “shady” cuz its not all that dark…

Hey woodelf! when are you going to get your butt back onto b-games?

It’s like that with most of their latest games… Getting through the dark part to get to the better parts.

Rofl… okay so the game has like rape scenes similar to Jewel Knights and Slave Pageant… theres also the BUS scene in Xchange 1+2, yet no one complains about that wtf :stuck_out_tongue: Not saying that its good in all cases, but its more of a lighter note, compared to the rape scenes in tsuki posession and sensei2 and virgin roster come on :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm,I think they also complained alot when we had that BUS scene.But guys,really,arent’t u getting tired complaining about this?

I’ve been here since G-Col start their bussiness and eveytime they made a dark game,this place will be battlefield.You weren’t happy about the dark game,right?So how about accepting grey games more.

Well,the next dark game will be Gimai Hitomi.I hope it’ll get less critics