H-games into romantic non h- or even anime?

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
NOCTURNAL ILLUSIONS - probably just 3 or 4-parts OAV

I don't know, I think with the whole mystery mansion idea, the interactions he has with each woman in helping her overcome her problem, which could act as, be, an entire episode in and of itself and also act as an introduction to each woman, that could easily be around 7 episodes right off the bat.

[edit] Maybe even have an introduction episode, more about why he was out there, traveling out there, and end the first with waking up in the mansion, then add a few more episodes which go away from the game story (to make up for taking out the sex scenes) where he focuses mostly on each girl now that her problems have been overcome, with perhaps a few similar additional mysteries of his own to solve.

possible minor game spoilers

Finally two additional episodes, one where he either chooses one girl, or to fully go away from the story is able to choose all the girls to help them escape, then a final one where the chooses one from all those he helped to escape. With all of that possibility I can see Nocturnal Illusions being longer, maybe closer to a 10 - 13 episode OVA.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-09-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I don't know, I think with the whole mystery mansion idea, the interactions he has with each woman in helping her overcome her problem, which could act as, be, an entire episode in and of itself and also act as an introduction to each woman, that could easily be around 7 episodes right off the bat.

[edit] Maybe even have an introduction episode, more about why he was out there, traveling out there, and end the first with waking up in the mansion, then add a few more episodes which go away from the game story (to make up for taking out the sex scenes) where he focuses mostly on each girl now that her problems have been overcome, with perhaps a few similar additional mysteries of his own to solve.

possible minor game spoilers

Finally two additional episodes, one where he either chooses one girl, or to fully go away from the story is able to choose all the girls to help them escape, then a final one where the chooses one from all those he helped to escape. With all of that possibility I can see Nocturnal Illusions being longer, maybe closer to a 10 - 13 episode OVA.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-09-2004).]

I dunno. I can see a whole 26 episodes coming out of Nocturnal Illusion, but that's pushing it. If you devote a handful of episodes to the mansion proper, and another couple episodes to the end ... that gives you 3 or so episodes per character. I wouldn't do it that way, though. I'd split up episodes so that very few were devoted to any one character; they're ALL there in the mansion, after all.

One of the things I didn't like about the game was its "take a number" approach to the winnable characters. I would have liked to see more of them. In particular Arisa was introduced and resolved far too quickly (aside from having a ... convenient psychological hangup >_<). The general storyline overall would have been better served if multiple threads had been going concurrently.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
One of the things I didn't like about the game was its "take a number" approach to the winnable characters. I would have liked to see more of them. In particular Arisa was introduced and resolved far too quickly (aside from having a ... convenient psychological hangup >_<). The general storyline overall would have been better served if multiple threads had been going concurrently.

I was thinnking 26 would be pushing it too, which is why I was thinking 10 to 13 where it stays fresh and you can either spend about one episode per character, or reduce some to background and put multiple episodes on one character, as you mentioned which is a very good idea.

****Minor Spoilers****

Arisa, she was the 'last' one introduced correct, the 'doll like girl', trying to say this without spoiling too much and just trying to make sure I am thinking of the right character. If I am then yeah I agree it was far to fast to have her introduced and then have a resolution.

As to the take a number, you mean how it was not possible to choose the ones to help first it was laid out where there was no choice you would help this one first?

****End Minor Spoilers

With the freedom an anime could provide I would actually like to see more shows devoted to the 'Mistress of the Mansion'.

hey, ScDawg is it okay for a junior member like me open lot a new topic ? and why does everyone hates about spoiler ? i think it doesn’t matter because to play agame is to prove it yourself, not from anyone spoiler (let them spoil, just try to not affected)

quote:
Originally posted by NerdZer0:
and why does everyone hates about spoiler ?

That's not it at all: neither "everybody" nor "hate".
It is just common sense to put up spoiler warnings for people who haven't played the game yet and want to buy it later. So they have a chance to skip unwanted information.

quote:
Arisa, she was the 'last' one introduced correct, the 'doll like girl', trying to say this without spoiling too much and just trying to make sure I am thinking of the right character. If I am then yeah I agree it was far to fast to have her introduced and then have a resolution.

Yeah, you're right.

quote:
As to the take a number, you mean how it was not possible to choose the ones to help first it was laid out where there was no choice you would help this one first?

No, I meant how after you had sex with a girl they became a minor character. You're only really involved with one character at a time, too.

quote:
No, I meant how after you had sex with a girl they became a minor character. You're only really involved with one character at a time, too.

I had forgotten about that, but that's right you have interactions with them but the interactions become a lot less direct, to the point some seem to vanish, which is why I think a few shows on the Mistress would be good, she is always there, even if not in a starring roll at all times.

If you cannot grasp how Legend of Fairie can be turned into a series, you are obviously having a brain freeze. It’s a classic set up for Hero and Friends beating on the Secret Evil Empire out to take over the world. I believe that’s about 50% of the current crop of Anime playing in this region. Maybe that’s why you aren’t interested?

Snow Drop offers, what? 3 episodes on the legend (if done well), 2 episodes on a young boy lost and freezing to death, and an episode each of sex romp (or almost sex romp) with a final episode of Hero and Ms. Snow Goddess. That gets you … 10. Need to stretch something out to get 13… Frankly, the legend is more interesting then the actual story.

Still, if that’s what you prefer… Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited 08-12-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
If you cannot grasp how Legend of Fairie can be turned into a series, you are obviously having a brain freeze. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] It's a classic set up for Hero and Friends beating on the Secret Evil Empire out to take over the world. I believe that's about 50% of the current crop of Anime playing in this region. Maybe that's why you aren't interested?

Snow Drop offers, what? 3 episodes on the legend (if done well), 2 episodes on a young boy lost and freezing to death, and an episode each of sex romp (or almost sex romp) with a final episode of Hero and Ms. Snow Goddess. That gets you ... 10. Need to stretch something out to get 13... Frankly, the legend is more interesting then the actual story.

Still, if that's what you prefer... Good luck! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I think you are greatly under valuing Snow Drop. Yes you have a few shows on the legend say 2, but then you can have a few shows on them having fun say about 4, I mean they are at a ski resort, so 3 for skiing as you meet a lot of the characters more closely and then 1 for seemingly mandatory hot springs episode, then add at least 1 on the story of the woman that runs the inn, a few flashbacks say 2 episodes, a few on the budding love of the two main characters say 4 for that as both of them are thick-skulled or someone is running interference, and 2 for the ending when they realize their feelings and come together, and you can get about 13 episodes easy for Snow Drop.

Legend of Fairie is almost clichÈ because of the classic nature. Personally a lot of the anime, at least those I am watching, are starting to move more toward the comedy aspect and a little away from the secret organization out to destroy the world and the secret organization out to stop the other secret organization out to destroy the world. Or replace the second secret organization with the group of friends/unlikely allies banding together.

It's like I was saying about RPG's, you can predict going in that the unlikely hero with some friends, one almost always a female childhood friend that uses magic, will fight amongst each other along the way but in the end band together to save the world for another day...or do they as the evil seems to survive allowing for the all important potential sequel.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-12-2004).]

quote:
If you cannot grasp how Legend of Fairie can be turned into a series, you are obviously having a brain freeze. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] It's a classic set up for Hero and Friends beating on the Secret Evil Empire out to take over the world. I believe that's about 50% of the current crop of Anime playing in this region. Maybe that's why you aren't interested?

Sorry, you're right.

Let me be a little more specific. You couldn't make anything GOOD out of the series because the games have no soul and are completely derivative.

quote:

I think you are greatly under valuing Snow Drop. Yes you have a few shows on the legend say 2, but then you can have a few shows on them having fun say about 4, I mean they are at a ski resort, so 3 for skiing as you meet a lot of the characters more closely and then 1 for seemingly mandatory hot springs episode, then add at least 1 on the story of the woman that runs the inn, a few flashbacks say 2 episodes, a few on the budding love of the two main characters say 4 for that as both of them are thick-skulled or someone is running interference, and 2 for the ending when they realize their feelings and come together, and you can get about 13 episodes easy for Snow Drop.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-12-2004).]

Oh, more than that. Shizuka mentions the god of the mountain a few times and there is that snow festival. Furthermore there is some sort of abandoned village alluded to oddly at the end. (Never did quite get that...) And then you throw in 1 or 2 episodes detailing Shizuka showing up at the inn (the game establishes she'd been there quite a while). And then there is the business of Keika having met Shizuka before.

quote:
Oh, more than that. Shizuka mentions the god of the mountain a few times and there is that snow festival. Furthermore there is some sort of abandoned village alluded to oddly at the end. (Never did quite get that...) And then you throw in 1 or 2 episodes detailing Shizuka showing up at the inn (the game establishes she'd been there quite a while). And then there is the business of Keika having met Shizuka before.

That's true which means probably closer to 20 episodes which is a nice length series these days or at worst a very good sized OVA.

quote:
It's like I was saying about RPG's, you can predict going in that the unlikely hero with some friends, one almost always a female childhood friend that uses magic, will fight amongst each other along the way but in the end band together to save the world for another day...or do they as the evil seems to survive allowing for the all important potential sequel.
It also depends on what rpg your playing. If its something like any of the tactical rpgs made by Atlus you can become even more evil than those you seek to stop.

Nandemonai, you are obviously small minded on this subject.

Snow Drop, the game, is one of the worst implemented sex romps I’ve ever played. It’s a basic rip off of a child’s story, with a light glossing of sex romp stamped onto it to make it a Hentai game. Wow. That’s original. Not. Where was the originality supposed to be?

The potentional for Snow Drop is as small as or as large as in Legends. In fact, you can take any B-game, however poor or good, and make a something interesting out of it as demonstrated with that total waste of binary, SD, and what people have suggested which is much more interesting then the game.

The potential adventure story lines in Legends, on the other hand, would probably have mass-market appeal. Of course, there are those opposed to anything mass market. Please note the “no more dark games!” threads and all the “the masses always suck! Only the things I like should be made” talk in those and similar threads in this community.

Now, for the suggestion of Critical Point; Critical Point would make an excellent series! Jah! Jah! Jah! GOOODD! If this doesn’t happen, can we set out the forces of Lemon to get the point across to some anime or manga shops? Pleasssssssssseeeeee?

Darkstar, you’re wrong, wrong, wrong! about Snow Drop! If they can turn something like Maria-sama ga Miteru into a 13-episode series - where the only thing that happens is students at an all girls’ boarding school get excited about dating each other - Snow Drop could be a monumental epic. It just takes a good writer with an active imagination. The artwork and music alone make Snow Drop a bishoujo classic.

Actually, I agree that Fairies could be made into a series, but there’s a lot better and more recent material to work with, so why go there?

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[b]DarkstarActually, I agree that Fairies could be made into a series, but there's a lot better and more recent material to work with, so why go there?[/b]
Maybe because its not so recent [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
quote:
Snow Drop, the game, is one of the worst implemented sex romps I've ever played. It's a basic rip off of a child's story, with a light glossing of sex romp stamped onto it to make it a Hentai game.

I take it you have never played DYLHB when you mention almost nothing but sex romps? Where is the originality in a game as you described you like? Such a game to me sounds like it is almost clichÈ to the point of being a clichÈ of a clichÈ, which can be funny or can be a time when you wonder if this company had no ideas of their own before making such a show.

You realize most children's stories where never meant for children, have you read the original legend? The version I have is very cruel if not violent at times, much like the original fairy tales parents never tell their children before bed. Read the original version of this legend and Goldielocks and the Three Bears if you have any doubt these types of stories where never meant for children, unless of course you want to give them nightmares.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-14-2004).]

And other fairy tales are based off of twisted things in real life.

Hansel and Grettel’s adventure to the Gingerbred house was based off a canibal who was found to be eating children at the time in the news in Germany.

quote:
You realize most children's stories where never meant for children, have you read the original legend? The version I have is very cruel if not violent at times, much like the original fairy tales parents never tell their children before bed. Read the original version of this legend and Goldielocks and the Three Bears if you have any doubt these types of stories where never meant for children, unless of course you want to give them nightmares.

That reminds me...i remember that most of those stories...the ones from the middle ages, ie not Hansel and Grettel, were meant for children in their original forms. They were meant to scare them so they wouldn't do anything immoral or stupid.

------------------
[b]"More importantly, I can't die now. There are desirable women waiting for me!"[b] - Cliff Triumph, Thousand Arms

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:

That reminds me...i remember that most of those stories...the ones from the middle ages, ie not Hansel and Grettel, were meant for children in their original forms. They were meant to scare them so they wouldn't do anything immoral or stupid.

Very effective tactic I imagine but still not stories I would consider for children unless you are a cruel adult since either there have to be other ways to keep them from doing immoral and stupid things, or parents in some century/millennium have to realize kids are kids and they will do stupid and perhaps immoral things at least once and by doing them and getting hurt learn never to do them again, pain and faliure are perhaps the greatest teachers of all, or so it has been said.