Has an anime ever moved you to tears?

As many of us know firsthand, a good bishoujo game such as Kana can make a hardened grown man cry. However, how many of you have experienced crying due to an anime? If you have, which anime(s)?
While all the anime I’ve seen is getting too numerous for me to remember my reaction to them all, I can say that at the least one has succeeded in making me cry: My-HiME. In particular, episode 15 which I just finished a bit ago. The combination of this song (Yuko Miyamura - It’s Only The Fairy Tale) and the story was enough to trigger tears. How about the rest of you?

I don’t usually get moved by animes. Anyway, I went really, really close to crying at Lockon’s death in Gundam 00. It was probably the contrast between the dramatic situation and the electronic “Lockon, Lockon” repeated by Haro that struck me so badly, I don’t know, but hell…that scene really left me sadly staring at the monitor for the whole ending titles.

Oh yeah more than a few times… Now and Then, Here and There had me crying, Grave of the Fireflies had me blubbering like a child with a skinned knee, Rumbling Hearts even made me all sniffly towards the end. I’m sure there are others but those are the ones that spring readily to mind.

Ah, yes, Grave of the Fireflies was recommended to me in the Studio Ghibli Films thread with these warnings:

Lots of different anime have made me emotional. A few of the more notable ones…

Now And Then, Here and There

Black Lagoon Second Barrage Episode 15 ending. Again, another ending made emotional with the inclusion of a really excellent song (“The World of Midnight” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcICjE-rIgU&feature=related). Need any further proof of a twisted mind? I’m crying for the psychopaths :lol:

Ai Yori Aoshi brought tears to my eyes at times, during some of the emotional scenes between Aoi and Kaoru. And I also cried when I watched Saishuu Heiki Kanojo. It was awful watching Chise lose touch with her humanity.

I know at least one I remember being really sad at the time over…
Fushigi Yugi ~The Mysterious Play~ the TV series~
There were a few spots in the series that really tore me up at the time. [easy to get emotional when watching by myself :oops: ]
Those were tears of sadness.

Something like Card Captor Sakura on the other hand made my eyes watery just getting sucked into the happy mood that show put me in at some points :cry:

Those are just two that come to mind.

Kanon, no doubt about it. I’ve seen very few anime which can induce that kind of response in me … at the end of the puppy story I was weaping freely. Loved that series.

The end of Revolutionary Girl Utena got me.

Which Kanon anime did you watch? This one from 2002, or this one from 2006?

I saw the '06 version, though it was in japanese and subtitled. I have seen an episode of the dubbed version and couldn’t get past the voices … the actors seemed fine and I’m sure if I’d originally seen it dubbed I wouldn’t have minded - but sometimes you get an image in your mind and just can’t shake it.

from i heard saikano is so depressing it can practically turn someone emo for a few days t

heck, even a game’s done it for me. Ever 17, Tsugumi and Sora’s endings.

I admit I came close on Utena… but then I realized something … In the Final Fight Utena’s not really saving Anthy, She’s saving herself
and that gave me a warm feeling inside, but not the bawl your eyes out kind.

I cried at the end of both Witchblade and Scrapped Princess.

Witchblade you had to, Considering the way you knew how the series was going to end, and Kudos to them for not bailing out and giving us a sappy ending.

Scrapped Princess, if you aren’t crying when Pacifica comes back from the dead and Raquel’s bawling her eyes out, you truly have no heart.

I think everyone here has cried at a game before - and discussed it here - which is why it is important that this question is about anime. Really, only one person in a thousand can claim they didnt’ cry at the end of “Kana: Little Sister”. (and half of those would be lying)

I’ve fealt like I’ve wanted to cry because a series ended and I’d never get to go on “adventures” with those characters again.

I suppose I should prepare myself for whatever happens at the end of Scrapped Princess then, since it’s one of the series I’m watching currently. (On a side note, since what is under the spoiler tag is revealed when you quote someone, I’m having to write this without looking at the screen.)

I know exactly what you mean. I felt that way at the end of Full Moon wo Sagashite - I didn’t want to say goodbye to the ‘friends’ I’d spent so much time with. And there were times during the show that made me cry, too. Hearing ‘Eternal Snow’ can still bring back those feelings.

Rumbling Hearts always gets me, even on my 5-8th viewing. Ai yori Aoshi got a couple of tears out of me. And the final book of Genshiken, surprisingly.

5 centimerters per second…

Please.

Has any anime not moved me to tears?

I think every anime I’ve ever watched had at least 1 tear jerking scene.

Animes that I’ve cried while watching:

Aa! Megamisama OVA
Azumanga Daioh! (Especially the part with Yamamaya)
Bannou Bunka Neko Musume Nuku Nuku (OVA)
Chobits
Hand Maid May
Inter5tella 5555: 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
Koi Kaze (Oh man, the tears just didn’t stop coming)
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Photon
Seihou Bukyo Outlaw Star
Shinkon Gattai Godannar
Scrapped Princess (another anime that made me cry like a little baby)
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki
Trigun

The only anime I didn’t cry while watching was probably Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Most hated Gainax project evar, and that’s a shame 'cos the first episode seemed so promising that I stuck through to the end of disc 1.