"Heart de Roommate" by Angel Smile

Once again, i felt a need to post a game forum before anyone else has… and as usual ill start out with…
Who has some links and/or reviews on this game.

Er, from my rough translation of the webpage, it’s something about you being a transfer student but not having a place to live. You run into an old elementary school friend and somehow you end up living with her at the girl’s dormitory, which leads into a “Bosom Buddies” situation of you dressing up as a girl. Sorry, that’s the best I can do. (Hopefully someone with better Japanese skills will pipe up…)

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Er, from my rough translation of the webpage, it's something about you being a transfer student but not having a place to live. You run into an old elementary school friend and somehow you end up living with her at the girl's dormitory, which leads into a "Bosom Buddies" situation of you dressing up as a girl. Sorry, that's the best I can do. (Hopefully someone with better Japanese skills will pipe up...)

What's the site you got this from?

Based on what you can tell then she, your friend, knows you are dressing as a girl, but no one else notices that you are a guy in drag? Must lead must be an interesting plot point on how no one notices, or maybe they do notice?

Wait is this the game their homepage says was just released January 24th of 2003? That is fast turn around if they are just planning on bringing it over here sometime next year most likely.

Er, yes, I was looking at the Angel Smile website itself. And yes, that’s the release date. Depending on how complex the game is and how much text, it’s theoretically possible to do such a fast turn-around. Hard to tell since the only Angel Smile title translated is Private Nurse and I don’t like to base a “trend” off one example.

Like I said, it’s just a rough translation. I recognize certain words and sort of piece together by implication. Then I also run it through babel fish and universal translator software to see what they say it says, and correlate that. But since it’s an interpretation of very poor translation, I’m hoping one of the other people with better translation skills will say something…

Actually, I get the impression that either only she and her close friends know the truth or they find out and that leads into their storyline. In either case, look at the images on the page, the first picture in the third row. I pretty positive that’s your character there with the red bow. And I’m assuming he has the bow because he was just previously in his female “costume”.

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-08-2003).]

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=19407

My contribution for the day, warning it has some …pics so it may spoil it a bit. I played the game in jap, with played I mean skipped through, and what i can deduce from it is a bit of a light hearted comedy, with some drama and a bit of soap (with this i mean every new ‘episode’ is told by one of the girls before it begins)

I am glad to see that this game is being translated, i have high hopes for it~!

quote:
Originally posted by Zanaffar:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=19407

My contribution for the day, warning it has some ...pics so it may spoil it a bit. I played the game in jap, with played I mean skipped through, and what i can deduce from it is a bit of a light hearted comedy, with some drama and a bit of soap (with this i mean every new 'episode' is told by one of the girls before it begins)

I am glad to see that this game is being translated, i have high hopes for it~!

This has more information then what I saw on their homepage, thanks, I think it gives the same pictures but more overall information.

Here’s a link to Angel Smile’s Heart de Roommate home page, in case anyone has trouble finding it.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Here's a link to Angel Smile's Heart de Roommate home page, in case anyone has trouble finding it.

I am confused about some of their pictures, and it appears the same about with some of the pictures they show for Private Nurse; some of the pictures seem very much anime, and others more stylish more similar to the style that is known to exist in Private Nurse. So what are the real pictures like?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I am confused about some of their pictures, and it appears the same about with some of the pictures they show for Private Nurse; some of the pictures seem very much anime, and others more stylish more similar to the style that is known to exist in Private Nurse. So what are the real pictures like?

Thats Angel Smile's Style of art...
They may look like private nurse, however its not.

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Thats Angel Smile's Style of art...
They may look like private nurse, however its not.

So they will be more toward the Anime style then the Stylish style of the pictures?

quote:
So they will be more toward the Anime style then the Stylish style of the pictures?

I don't think so,those picture still looks Angel Smile style to me(with those painting like graphic),if u talk about anime style don't u think it's more shiny and computer like colour?

But I'm really glad they have 5 girls in it,Private Nurse has too little selection,only 2 girls(I know we can get Mio but with it's shallow storyline I think she's just and add on)

Hope the story will be as good as PN

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 11-11-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by RedHell:
I don't think so,those picture still looks Angel Smile style to me(with those painting like graphic),if u talk about anime style don't u think it's more shiny and computer like colour?

But I'm really glad they have 5 girls in it,Private Nurse has too little selection,only 2 girls(I know we can get Mio but with it's shallow storyline I think she's just and add on)

Hope the story will be as good as PN

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 11-11-2003).]

Ah okay, I am sometimes confused on the artwork style in the games and the proper names for the games.

Indeed let us hope that the game is as good as PN.

Thanks for the link to the website. It looks pretty interesting. So it’s kinda like that tom hanks sit com from way back huh. With guy dressed in drag to live in a girls only apt. Let’s hope for a January release for this one.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Thanks for the link to the website. It looks pretty interesting. So it's kinda like that tom hanks sit com from way back huh. With guy dressed in drag to live in a girls only apt. Let's hope for a January release for this one.

Bosom Buddies

------------------
"His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man." Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Bosom Buddies

Yeah someone else had the same thought, for some reason I thought Tootise but Bosom Buddies is a far better analogy.

Ahh yes that’s the name of the show. Used to love watching that show especially for that blonde girl Tom Hanks at his best right there

Gee, I can see how many people read the earlier posts…

Just kidding. Just from looking at some of the other Angel Smile releases, I really do hope they bring a couple more over. (Or at least I hope I’m translating things right and getting interested for the right reasons… )

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Gee, I can see how many people read the earlier posts... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Just kidding. Just from looking at some of the other Angel Smile releases, I really do hope they bring a couple more over. (Or at least I hope I'm translating things right and getting interested for the right reasons... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] )

Which ones do you think look like they would be excellent for translations?

quote:
Which ones do you think look like they would be excellent for translations?

Heh, well all of them! Just kidding. Of the ones on their webpage:

Velvet Echo looks interesting offhand. Something about your father dying and then a demon shows up and lives with you, along with a couple others. Doesn't seem like a dark title. I'm a bit curious about it.

Shiawaseno Katachi, ("shape of happiness"?) their latest also sounds interesting. But since it just got released 2 months ago, it may be awhile. A love story of some sort.

And their oldest title, the one on the bottom. Since I can only read the hiragana and not the kanji, I'd guess it's called "Romance" except then I would expect it to be in katakana. It's something about you being a romance writer and I would guess that the story is about you coming up with ideas for the book.

That's the best I can do. Sorry, this is what happens when you try to translate webpages using only my brain and some low-level translation software...

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-13-2003).]