Heart de Roommate Help

Hmmm… if I’m not wrong, the true Asumin ending actually tok place before the events at the end of the game…s o… yeah.

But, this would be interesting to find out.

hums HDR theme as he goes find out

Well, I’ll be playing her path tonight, but, from what I know, the ‘normal’ Asumin end was the real ending, but the unlocked ‘ending’ was the finale of HdR, sort of like how Episode 14, really Episode 6, of Haruhi Suzumiya, was the finale, when the true finale of Haruhi Suzumiya was either Episode 9 or 10, whichever way you look at it.

SO, in a sense, both endings of HdR are the same, both mattered, even though both happened at different times and weren’t told chronologically.

Nice Kanon avatar btw.

I don’t know if I agree with you, but, please, if you read what the 02 walkthroughs’ authors wrote about this “true” ending.

1. Ben Woodhouse wrote:

“Once you view the endings for each of the girls, then Asumi’s special true ending is unlocked. To view it, go into the Appendix and view the Album gallery. Her ending is under the title, ‘The place where the sun sets…’”

1. And Hideki Motosuwa:

"Asumi Side Story - ‘The Place Where the Sun Sets…’

This is the true ending for Asumi and will also explain something as to what takes in her story…"

I didn’t watched the anime “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” yet. Then, I don’t know what are you talking about “both endings… are the same… happened at different times and weren’t told chronologically”.

Because she is the main heroine, she has a special epilogue. That’s the same thing to blonde witch Silk in “Tottemo Pheromone”.

The difference between two games is: the special “Cute Silk” is just a event happened after the true ending. And in “Heart de Roommate”, Asumi’s special is the true ending.

[ 06-19-2007, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

The true ending is up to the player to decide, thats what the multi endings are for. IE Wind has like 7, you chose which one you like. Considering that HdR does not have a sequal, there is no conanical ending. If HdR were like Tsukihime where there is a sequal, then it can be argued that there is a True/conanical ending. Just because the writiers of FAQs say its the true ending does not make them true, its just their opinion.

[ 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Idofgrahf ]

Although I haven’t played her path yet, I was slightly spoiled, though not entirely;

http://yc-tan.livejournal.com/2990.html

Again, I need to play her path, but, I suspect that her ‘true’ ending took place about four months before the reunion itself. If anything, this true ending gives a deeper insight into Asumin’s character, and a better reason as to why she’s the main character of the whole game.

Idofgrahf → Well of course. But not necessarily. Tsukihime has a sequel, but it is to ONE ending: the Aruceid endign. Whereas I go by the Akiha ending, so, in a sense, it’s not a sequel for me (justa s Really ? Really ! is a sequel to only one path of SHuffle !)

If I remmber correctly, the sequel is not based on Arc’s ending but Ciel’s “good ending”. How can it not be a sequel? Really? Really! and Tick Tack focuses on one person and continues the story assuming you picked the respective herion, its more of an expansion than a sequel. The sequels to Tsukihime Kagetsu Tohya does not come right out and say who Shiki ended up with, it leaves that question up in the air.

[ 04-16-2007, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Idofgrahf ]

OK, my friend. I understand your opinion, but I think you forget an important fact:

In “Tottemo Pheromone”, the special “Cute Silk” is just a event happened after the true ending. In other words, it’s just a common, quotidian day.

At this moment, she lives with Takuya, Silk onee-san and Takashi after she (blonde Silk) decides to live in Earth.

And in “Heart de Roommate”, “Asumi Side Story - ‘The Place Where the Sun Sets…’” explains what happened to her and she was very sick.

I don’t know if she (Asumi) dies or not, because this scene is very ambiguous, but if she dies, I think that’s END, right?

Well, that’s my personal opinion and I think if anyone disagrees with me, that’s OK. Because I think Asumi doesn’t deserve to die in this way, but she could live and also she would be happy with Yusuke.

[ 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Mystvan ]

True, however, just as in Wind, where you can only get the whole story through playing every single ending, it doesn’t make the other endings less real/true ie in wind you won’t get Hakari’s full story unless you played all the endings but that doesn’t mean Minnamo’s ending is not a true ending.

I haven’t played Tottemo Pheromone, but most H-games do not have endings that are mutually inclusive IE in Tsukihime where a certain character dies, but in other path they live.

Oh well, to each his own, thats whats good about multi ending stories.

[ 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Idofgrahf ]

That’s OK, Idofgrahf. I understand your opinion. I think nobody likes a sad or bad ending, right? Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-19-2007, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

I like endings that makes sense, be it sad (she the ultimate weapon / Final Fantasy X), happy (love Hina), bittersweet (A beautiful life). IE Escaflowne’s ending wasn’t really happy, but its probably the most realistic, same with KGNE (anime) the ending maybe sad depending on who you are rooting for but it made sense.

So far the only game I liked from Tarbulance is I’m gonna serve you 4, the others were okay but like zyx, they keep using the same character models for their games. Too bad Angel simile went out of business, Figures of happyness was a good game.

[ 04-18-2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Idofgrahf ]

Yes, I agree with you, Ido-san. I think “AngelSmile” is the best company (I’m talking about only B-games translated to English), from “CD-BROS”, who published wonderful games in English.

“AngelSmile” is very similar to DO, right? Both companies published many deeper and emotional games, OK?

Hmm, though one question Terry asked didn’t really get answered…an answer I would also love to hear: What are the last words of Asumi she shouts with the picture of her running away. So I am convinced after reading a lot of comments and post on the matter (ending), that the balance rather hints to a “good” ending with her recovering for at least a longer while as it seems that his demand for to live for him, gives her enough resolution to keep on fighting and getting her into the same mind set that pushed her forward through school. But her shout in the superimposed small picture of her running energetic away might share a litte bit more light on the matter.

So - does anyone know or understand what she says and likes to share that with us?

Great. Now I have to play it again to remember what in the hells you all are talking about. Thanks a bundle. Do you SEE what you have done?? :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:
I hope you can forgive me …

Regarding the question I think somebody post before…way past ago^^;

Uhm, the search engine doesn’t throw it out though at least in none of the threads containing either Asumi or “Heart de Roommate”

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=002277#000000

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/513/98?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000762

I found the some of the kist for you^^; I hope you can find from here^^

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search_tng;d=results;record=2454383-023741-SH4X;result_start=0

Thank you for your effort - though I read through all those posts before. They helped coming to the belief that she won’t die immediatly but still will have sme wonderful time ahead.

Still nowhere is that one little tidbit answred what she says on the closing line of the game while her running off picture is shown.

Oh well, maybe I will find out in a few years after some evening classes of japanese on my own :wink:

Ladies and Gents,

with some help from local friends who speak fluently japanese, I could identify those last word I was wondering about and so I can present the answer to what Asumi is yelling while running off:

“ikouyo mina” " - which roughly translates to “Let’s all get started” or “Come on, all”.

So that last yell does tip the balance to the brighter future as I assumed and ends the game on a much lighter note even with illness hanging over their head.

Thanks for bearing with me through the last post and for all responses in that time

Well we can assume that it is quite a bit brighter than Maria’s ending in Private Nurse because you know they stay together.

Ikouyo Mina? Yeah, thats the general meaning in a nutshell.