Hirameki games

quote:
Originally posted by Jason4:
ok, I realize now that the first post I started has now shifted to censorship, I want to talk about the games themselves.

I'm wondering what game that Hirameki is putting out that you'd be MOST interested in and why.. heh

Mine would be Hourglass of Summer. A bit of mystery. Kinda same format of Crescendo.. going back and forth in time.. sorta. and I hope there are some good endings. That's right! I'm a sucker for good endings. I don't want to use the DVD as a coaster like I did Snow Drop.. *cough* but that's another story.

Anyway, what about everyone else? any games stand out for you?..(there were a BUNCH that were taken down from the site awhile back though)

I think it is called A Day of Love. Where the girl is upset the 'hero' forgets her and dresses up like her, or his (I forget which) brother to try and get her revenge. Just sounds like a cool plot to me. Even despite my feelings noted in the other thread I am thinking it is an interesting plot, not sure I will get it, but the plot sounds interesting.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 01-26-2004).]

as soon as Amusement Park is released, I’m picking it up…it looks really interesting i love games where you take a rundown place and build it up, especially with the help of beautiful bishoujo girls

I don’t really know much about any of them. From the tiny descriptions I had about their originally planned line, I was most looking forward to Sweet Legacy :.-(

Koiyoubi also looks good. (Literally “Lovesday” as in “Tuesday” etc, right?)

I was looking foward for AZ_AKUMA, but Hirameki removed this tittle of their ‘future releases’ list… SOB. (- -)

Is a game where you the protagonist suffers an accident, and a Devil (LadyDeath?!) cames to pick your soul. But the god of death have another plans, and fights the devil (the goddess of chaos) for you… and wins (for now).
Weakened, he needs new, fresh souls to regain his strenght, so he commands you to become his servant and collect souls in his place.
It’s a terror/mystery/supernatural adventure where you, the protagonist, have the power to foresee the death of someone, and must to pick his/her soul to the god of death. But the problem is: all the destinated to die are cute girls, so you must to choose between save her or let her die to save your own life.

More info about this game, check bellow:
http://survive.frontwing.jp/azu/az_index2.html

I was really looking forward for this game. I hope someday Hirameki will release it too.
For now, i think i will wait for A DAY OF LOVE (KOYOUBI).

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 01-27-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
as soon as Amusement Park is released, I'm picking it up...it looks really interesting [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] i love games where you take a rundown place and build it up, especially with the help of beautiful bishoujo girls [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Euenchi.....ugh...................don't worry about me, just a personal gripe, that's all

Does anybody know what type of game these are? Y’know, AVG, sim, etc. If they have more complexity than, say, Tottemo Pheromone and less than, say, Snow Drop I may consider picking up either one or both.

And if Peter is watching; is the Jlist free shipping on preorders of these titles applicable to international orders too?

I believe they are AVG’s, although I’m not completely positive. And I have no idea as to it’s complexity…

ya they are all avgs…you can’t possibly play an action game with just your DVD player remote control, can you?

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
ya they are all avgs....you can't possibly play an action game with just your DVD player remote control, can you?

Well, people play games on their cell phones!

ugh…you got me there…even though I have never played any cell phone games myself

Course the big difference is cell phones can be programmed and most have java interpreters which is what a lot of cell phone games are made in. DVD players are used only to watch movies unless you have a ps2 or xbox.

u have a pervert call you before? was it a girl…or a guy? :stuck_out_tongue:

This one looks interesting:
http://www.hirameki-int.com/products.php?product=HI-AP0015

Hourglass of Summer might be worth a look…
it sounds kinda like that Butterfly effect movie.

Well I wasn’t expecting a 3D platformer, but I thought there may be some sim elements in Amusement Park. The blurb mentions restoring a park to its former glory or somesuch, and I was just wondering. Sorry, will be clearer next time.

im guessing that a dvd player game cannot support anything more complicated than the stuff you see in dvd menus

if amusment park does have any sim aspect… and i doubt that it does… you’d probably have to memorize a ‘password’(hex memory string) everytime you stop playing

quote:
Originally posted by H-Gurl:
This one looks interesting:
http://www.hirameki-int.com/products.php?product=HI-AP0015

I had forgotten about this one but yes this is one of the first that peaked my interest, but it got pushed back to one of the last ones to currently be released.

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
if amusment park does have any sim aspect... and i doubt that it does... you'd probably have to memorize a 'password'(hex memory string) everytime you stop playing

I think no matter what, it'll have those password things. Not like you can save your game on your DVD player...

I’m thinking of ordering Phantom of Inferno just to see what DVD games are like. I’m worried that menus may slow down gameplay a lot and a DVD remote may be less usable than a game controller.

If it’s an adv I don’t see a problem with using the dvd remote. Since you pretty much be like jumping to a certain part of a movie. Course since you can’t save to the dvd player you’ll always be stuck with some type of password save scheme.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I got the regular phone --- THE BLACK THING WITH THE ROTORY DIAL AND A REAL BELL THAT RINGS. ---
So if a pervert calls, do I have a option for B-games later?

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 01-28-2004).]

Only if the pervert comes to your house then you play the live action version [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]