Hmm, funny... or perhaps not. *hm, hm*

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Just considering playing to them cures my bad mood... ^^;;;;

Wow! Can it cure headaches, too? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. No, seriously, if you don't feel good playing them, I'm not going to push the matter further, but... I'd like to know one thing: You know as well as I that some of the games Peach Princess has planned to release in the future are Kichiku-games, or at least partly such games? LMM, Slave Bazaar, Gibo and Synchronous Hearts are as far as I know partly brutish, depending on which path you take, and Newscaster Mariko is a really brutish game, from what I heard (How brutish should depend on how yopu choose, but since you're training the femlae staff as sex-slaves, I'd still except it to be quite brutish). So, since you don't like Kichiku-games, how do you feel then as a customer of Peach Princess, since thye're releasing games that are partly Kichiku or even completely?

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 09-05-2002).]

“Kichiku” a new word for my vocabulary. It may be forgotten because I don’t like the brutish elements in the games too. Xchange is a bishoujo game with too much Kichiku. At least with TCI and Critical point, we had a choice to continue that path, once it was discovered. Xchange forces us to see those encounters and doesn’t allows to skip over it.

As for PP future games, I would like to know how much Kichiku is in them.

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
"Kichiku" a new word for my vocabulary. It may be forgotten because I don't like the brutish elements in the games too.

Well, Kichiku is the word you use when you're refering to a brutish fame... it doesn't need to be allt hat brutish, through, from what Kumiko said, it is enough that the game contains some very unusal or strange fetishes, as is the case of Water closet, which is a kichiku game according to her.

quote:
"As for PP future games, I would like to know how much Kichiku is in them.

Well, alomost all of Peach Princess's gmaes have, both the current and future ones, have soem brrutish elements in them. The only exceptations of this is Snow Drop and perhpas Brave Soul too, but that is something that only Lamuness can confirm. Ecvery other game willh ave some brutish things in them, but those can usually be avoided by making the right choices. Two exceptations does exist, through: In X-change,there is some events that cannot be avoided. and in XC2, Lamuness said that there is three events that cannot be avoided. But in most other games, it all depends on your choices.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
(...)
You know as well as I that some of the games Peach Princess has planned to release in the future are Kichiku-games, or at least partly such games? LMM, Slave Bazaar, Gibo and Synchronous Hearts are as far as I know partly brutish, depending on which path you take, and Newscaster Mariko is a really brutish game, from what I heard (How brutish should depend on how yopu choose, but since you're training the femlae staff as sex-slaves, I'd still except it to be quite brutish). So, since you don't like Kichiku-games, how do you feel then as a customer of Peach Princess, since thye're releasing games that are partly Kichiku or even completely?

First, it all depends on why you would define a game as "kichiku". To me, it's when the game focuses on that part, when it's an important (essential?) part of the game. So, when hurting the girls for instance is the main focus of the game. For instance, I wouldn't consider a game in which a girl was raped in the very beginning of the game and whose focus is to fall for the girl and help her to get over her traumatism a kichiku game; the rape is an important part of the game/story, but raping the girl isn't the focus of the game. So, I'll buy LMM and BS, even if I won't select the choices in LMM where you hurt the girls and won't like the kills-monsters-to-level-up in BS. And perhaps "Synchronous Hearts" to support PeachPri.

… but not XC2?

… But not Newscaster Mariko or Gibo? And let’s not forget Pandora’s Box too

quote:
... But not Newscaster Mariko or Gibo? And let's not forget Pandora's Box too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Their release is not that close at hand, as XC2's (At least, if I believe the marks, Nandemonais teeth left on the ground... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] ).

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 09-06-2002).]

No, probably not XC2, and definitely neither Gibo (I’m totally against parent-child incest relationship, or when the age difference is “too” much [yeah, that would includes all teacher-pupil relationship], and don’t like when the woman is older than the man – in my games, of course; IRL, I don’t care as long as both partners are consenting), nor “Newscaster Mariko”. Oh yeah, and IIRC, neither LMM nor BS are considered “kichiku” games in Japan anyway…

i am proud to say i will probably buy all of the games peapri is coming out with, though it will take me some time due to limited funds the only one i have avoided so far is Water Closet, and i am considering that one now too, after reading the reviews i got for my website about it lol

quote:
No, probably not XC2, and definitely neither Gibo (I'm totally against parent-child incest relationship, or when the age difference is "too" much [yeah, that would includes all teacher-pupil relationship], and don't like when the woman is older than the man -- in my games, of course; IRL, I don't care as long as both partners are consenting), nor "Newscaster Mariko". Oh yeah, and IIRC, neither LMM nor BS are considered "kichiku" games in
Japan anyway...

Well, if that's what you think, I certianöly can't forbid you [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. But it's kind of a pity, really... And altrough I, like you, don't really like it when the woman is older than the man, I don't consider it such a big deal... Just in this case, anyway [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] (I'm making an exceptation for PP only).

But if you don't like those kinds of realtionships, doesn't that mean that you might have to avoid some apths on some other games, too? I men, take in LMM, for example... Hime does certainly look older than the main character, anyway [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img].

Oh, and I suppose that you will skip Used Condom too?

Besides, I didn't say that I throught that Brave Soul was kichiku, for I have yet to know if it is 100%& free of brutish thing sor not. But I did say that LMM has some kichiku elements/paths.

quote:
Originally posted by Doddler:
Yeah, your probably right. I can discuss it easily with my friends, but it was pretty hard for me to discuss the topic with the local comic book store owner. That took a lot of courage to do, made me feel more embarassed than anything. Only thing that kept me from running off was the cool devices box set he had on the shelf told me he would atleast listen to the idea (it was sitting right next to the dragon ball z dvd's.. haha, I had to laugh at that). I'm kinda dissapointed he wasn't able to get them in, though. Stupid customs.

Doddler

WHAT? He got Cool Devices through customs but wasn't able to get Pea Pri titles through?

You HAVE to find out what your customs officials are on. I gotta get some of that, man...that HAS to be the good stuff.

quote:
Yeah, the Lai Wong/Marietta case is a good example (but perhpas not the best) example of where rape may be "justified". Hm, reminds me of a thread at Animenation that I was taking part in for soem weeks ago. In that thread, rape in adult anime were discussed, and most didn't mudn it. One of the guys there said that in some cases, especially if the girl that was raped was something of a jerk, then he trought that that rape was justified...

Rape is psychological torture. While I agree that there may be a handful of truly evil and sadistic people out there who actually deserve any form of torture, I have no faith in mankind's ability to justly and equitably apply any punishment of that severity. (This is similar to my stance on opposing the death penalty not because of the sanctity of human life or any such philosophical objection, but instead the belief that mistakes will be made no matter what you do because the system is not, and cannot be, perfect.)

quote:
Mindless killing just bores and disgusts me. I (used to) play to (computer) RPGs. But I never like the fact you have to kill "monsters" to advance in levels. I don't enjoy/like mindless killings, whatever the reason, whomever it is. In fact, that part is what bores/annoys me the most in (computer) RPGs.
[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 09-05-2002).]

I am one of the most bloodthirsty people I know. I just have morals.

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
"Kichiku" a new word for my vocabulary. It may be forgotten because I don't like the brutish elements in the games too. Xchange is a bishoujo game with too much Kichiku. At least with TCI and Critical point, we had a choice to continue that path, once it was discovered. Xchange forces us to see those encounters and doesn't allows to skip over it.

As for PP future games, I would like to know how much Kichiku is in them.

Exactly, and what made Xchange worse is that the game appeared to think it was funny.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
WHAT? He got Cool Devices through customs but wasn't able to get Pea Pri titles through?

You HAVE to find out what your customs officials are on. I gotta get some of that, man...that HAS to be the good stuff.

Ah, i didn't really explain the situation much. He would be more than willing to carry the titles at the store, but as of yet there is no canadian supplier for bishoujo games. He got cool devices in from a company called anime entertainment in Toronto. You can get the stuff across the border easily enough, its just that they won't let any adult products across get to the store because he's a 'comic book store' and its a place for kids to hang out, etc. He tried though. I even checked to see if anime entertainment could get in bishoujo games, but they claim they deal in DVD's only. In the end, its dissapointing. I tried my best to help bishoujo in mainstream stores....

Doddler

quote:
I am one of the most bloodthirsty people I know. I just have morals.

Ack...resist...urge...for...comment... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

So far, I personally havn't avoided any games, doesn't mean I particularly like the subject matter in them. It just means I won't play them after I get through them. (I'm a little demented when it comes to completeness.) And definitely, there are usually a path or two I will avoid at all costs after getting through it once. (I can think of a few in TCI for example...) For now, I'm glad for the variety, it's sort of interesting to see just what types of games are out there. (Not to mention it sometimes explains a conversation or two I had with the Japanese students back in college.)

quote:
Rape is psychological torture. While I agree that there may be a handful of truly evil and sadistic people out there who actually deserve any form of torture, I have no faith in mankind's ability to justly and equitably apply any punishment of that severity. (This is similar to my stance on opposing the death penalty not because of the sanctity of human life or any such philosophical objection, but instead the belief that mistakes [b]will be made no matter what you do because the system is not, and cannot be, perfect.)[/b]

In other words, you do not believe in the old saying/rule "An eye for an eye"?

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
So far, I personally havn't avoided any games, doesn't mean I particularly like the subject matter in them. It just means I won't play them after I get through them. (I'm a little demented when it comes to completeness.) And definitely, there are usually a path or two I will avoid at all costs after getting through it once.

... You mean that if you buy a kichiku-game, you'll play through it just once, but not more?

And, yes, there is nearly always a choice you can make to avoid such events, which is as it should be [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

quote:
In other words, you do not believe in the old saying/rule "An eye for an eye"?

Theoretically, sure I do. But how are you supposed to identify whose eye is forfeit? For if you take the wrong eye, then technically you lose your other one.

quote:
(...)
But it's kind of a pity, really...

Why so?
quote:

But if you don't like those kinds of realtionships, doesn't that mean that you might have to avoid some apths on some other games, too?

Yes, it does.
quote:
Oh, and I suppose that you will skip Used Condom too?
Of course! ^^;;;;;