Hobibox & Sakigake

Sorry for the lack of updates on this situation. Here’s an update for everyone…

Sadly, Hobibox Europe has ended as an entity. All of their titles will remain in print and we’ll be taking over publishing of them. The big question is Sakigake. We are in talks with Hobibox (Japan) about this and will try very hard to get the game out, since everyone wants this title to come out.

Kind of a surprise but not really one with the game delay then the web site ending, but at least know it is known, and good luck with Sakigake and if possible Alchemic Girl.

To me, the main technical problem for alchemic girl is that the game was very dated; it’s back in the win95/98 days, so I have concerns for compatibility for win2000 or XP.

It’s just like LMM; we had to apply a whole new engine to it (which is partly why testing for this game is much longer) so that it’s compatible with recent OSes. Now I don’t know if we have to deal with this for alchemic girl; we will see…

I can’t say I am surprised but this is truly unfortunate. Well, let’s just hope Sakigake will be released in the near future.

well for sakigake we need to overcome some systematic issues first…one is mosaic (sure you guys prolly don’t care but i doubt that’s the general consensus’ opinion) and the second is a programming issue which i dare not speak of :stuck_out_tongue:

I think, aside from the true problem if it exists of the compatibility, that everyone is too worried about games being ‘dated’. I mean if the Japanese company that first made Space Invaders can convince arcades of this day to carry the original game in the original style machine I think people will go for the older games despite dated graphics and sound.

NOOOOO!!!
It was the only European company that made bishoujo games. :’(

I sure hope Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE will still come out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how come the company met its end?

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 02-26-2004).]

Most likely Hobibox Europe’s overhead finally overcame any justification that the parent office could think of to keep it running.

While this is disappointing, I was more upset when C’Wares ceased translation and localization for the US market.

Was it overhead or the fact they were not able to make as much money as they might have been able to if they could have produced more games per year? It seems, and this is my take on what has been going on here, they just did not have all the needed support from the ‘home office’ and that might have done them in? Anyone know if this is true?

Wait a minute wasn’t gunshield close to being out? If that was the case then there shouldn’t be that much that needs to be done?

I hope you’ll be able to get alchemist girl too, never hurts to have more games in the pipe Hey PP is expanding they are gonna get to localize from another publishing house

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Wait a minute wasn't gunshield close to being out? If that was the case then there shouldn't be that much that needs to be done?

I hope you'll be able to get alchemist girl too, never hurts to have more games in the pipe [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Hey PP is expanding they are gonna get to localize from another publishing house [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I dunno, may Sakigake is like, dare I say it, LMM in it was thought to be done but what PP got or might get is in need of hopefully a lot less 'repair' for lack of a better where to say it, maybe that is some of the concern?

Well seems there is a lot of us large posters out there who want Alchemist Girl so already a slight market for it cool.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-26-2004).]

This is a very brief summary but at the moment the best I can find and does not do the game justice based on other summaries I have read about the plot but to give you an idea:

Our guy has to train three girls to be alchemists. Monday to Saturday he let them transform minerials to items for improving their stats. Sunday he can date a girl if she trust him enough. Sometimes, his guild mistress will ask them to go into a dungeon to find something for her. Can he survive and train a girl to love him?

That was from Japanese H Anime Game web site which offers various very brief reviews. From this it sounds a lot more like Maid’s Story with the training aspect then I gathered from other summaries/reviews, but with more depth to it as to the missions. They also mentioned though the maker as Black Package.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-26-2004).]

Indeed it might be, maybe, but maybe not as much as we think, it is an older game, older as in pre-Windows XP or so I understand, so maybe a different form of programming trouble, hopefully not though, hopefully it can come across.

It’s sad to see Hobibox Europe come to an end.

Good luck trying to get Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE released.

[This message has been edited by Prettz (edited 03-18-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by ShinjiTohno:
Picky: I must agree with you entirely about C's Ware ceasing of translations and Himeya USA's now inactive state.

The games C's Ware released were pretty good, but I too was sad about the lack of closure for the Eve series.

I sometimes order from Shop Himeya, but it always is a bit disheartening to see the no longer expanding English releases from C's.

Not sure about the Hobibox Europe case, but I think it is sad the others were just a little ahead of their time.

Maybe if they had been a few years later, who knows, it is possible that they might still be surviving as interest in these games has recently increased, even if not on a massive scale. Then again maybe they are part of the reason the interest is increasing being some of the early ones to bring across these games.

quote:
Originally posted by ShinjiTohno:
What do you mean by that?

Well PP right now only localizes CROWD games as that's the only company giving them material. So with Hobibox giving them Gunshield maybe Hobibox will now allow PP to loacalize their games.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Well PP right now only localizes CROWD games as that's the only company giving them material. So with Hobibox giving them Gunshield maybe Hobibox will now allow PP to loacalize their games.

You forgot about Will.

Rank me up there in the “has been wanting Alchemic Girl more than even Brave Soul for YEARS now” category.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason4:
So, under what company name will these titles come out? (if they come out at all)
Pea Pri, Jast USA? I don't think it really matters, but I was just curious.

Hard to say, depends on which "we" Payne-sama was referring to.