Horror games

I’m not really into those types of games, but I think Chain and Phantom of Inferno (not H) might be up your alley (based on what I’ve heard about them). Critical Point isn’t really horror, but I think it would match your interests as well. And if you want true horror…there’s always Water Closet: THE FORBIDDEN CHAMBER. Now that’s scary.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-02-2005).]

Silent Hill -.-

and dont’ say bio hazard…that isn’t horror…orz

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
And if you want true horror...there's always Water Closet: THE FORBIDDEN CHAMBER. Now that's scary.

Now, that one is really scary (story and gameplay).....

Now, talking seriously, dont buy it, its a big Poo(:confused [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. There is no horror bigger than the one from seeing girls poo-ing( [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]) on the floor....

I would say that, Divi Dead is actually the only english translated adult game which fits the horror genre. The other games (Adam, Chain, POI), which were mentioned in this topic, are IMO not horror genre games.

The reason why no other horror adult games have been released in the U.S., is probably because neither Crowd, Will or one of the CD-Bros companies made any real horror genre games.

quote:
Originally posted by Gene:
I would say that, Divi Dead is actually the only english translated adult game which fits the horror genre. The other games (Adam, Chain, POI), which were mentioned in this topic, are IMO not horror genre games.

The reason why no other horror adult games have been released in the U.S., is probably because neither Crowd, Will or one of the CD-Bros companies made any real horror genre games.

I dunno...i guess you could say its horror, but i always thought Divi DEad as more of a occultish-fantasy sub genre....but it is today still among my favorite Bishoujo titles. I'd really like to see something like that...but not if its just a cheap knock off...

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-03-2005).]

While it is occult and fantasy, divi dead definately should be in the horror category. Especially with its awesome sounds and music that give it it’s errie atmosphere. If you want a horror bishoujo game. My first choice would be divi-dead.

Well shadow, those games are prolly the only ones you’ll see from Himeya. One thing i myself dont understand is why those titles are still incredibly expensive… for such old titles. And do you know just how much Eve titles there are… Heck, here they only released 1 or 2. And Divi Dead ofcourse.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-04-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Well shadow, those games are prolly the only ones you'll see from Himeya. One thing i myself dont understand is why those titles are still incredibly expensive... for such old titles. And do you know just how much Eve titles there are... Heck, here they only released 1 or 2. And Divi Dead ofcourse.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-04-2005).]

There are 5 Eve titles. One is a prequal and the one right after Eve Burst Error really doesn't have too much to do with the main storyline.

I don't remember the titles offhand.

That is also not considering all the remakes.

Well those titles featured the same main characters right? Kojiro and… Marina? If i remember correct. Last time i looked that up was few years ago…

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Well those titles featured the same main characters right? Kojiro and... Marina? If i remember correct. Last time i looked that up was few years ago...

Dunno about the prequal...but the rest do.

If anyone hasn’t played Dividead I reccomend it. I consider it to be the in the top 3 H-games that have ever been translated to english (true love and brave soul are the others).

Divi-Dead better than Kana? Blasphemy.

Kana wasn’t bad. I prefer dark / mysterious stories more. True Love made my top 3 because it was the first H-game I ever played and it’s an awesome game in itself. Brave Soul made it because, well, it’s a B-RPG! Never thought one would make it over here. By the way, has Peapri considered cutting out the naughty bits and releasing it as just an RPG? It could reach a wider audiance then.

quote:
Originally posted by Laslow:
Kana wasn't bad. I prefer dark / mysterious stories more. True Love made my top 3 because it was the first H-game I ever played and it's an awesome game in itself. Brave Soul made it because, well, it's a B-RPG! Never thought one would make it over here. By the way, has Peapri considered cutting out the naughty bits and releasing it as just an RPG? It could reach a wider audiance then.

I'm not sure peapri would have the rights to edit the game like that.

Even if it did, i'm still doubtful as to how well it would sell because their are some major problems with it.

Perhaps it were converted to a GBA or PSP title it might sell well, but as a broadly based RPG for PC, or even a console system, it wouldn't sell enough to be worth their time. Mostly because of the lack of 3D graphics unfortunatly. The only title i think could sell well like that would be lunar 3.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-07-2005).]

I remember a time when i even had an Eve Zero wallpaper with Marina, damn she’s hot! I wonder if i still have it somewhere…

Chain isn’t horror. It is moody as it is a detective story.

Divi-dead is horror.

Critical Point is almost horror, on certain story lines. Almost.

Brave Soul is a great RPG. However, you missed out on another RPG. There was Megatech’s Knights of Xentar. Low hentai, fun game. Indeed, AIR, I enjoyed the “PG-13” cut more then the “NA-17” version. It was funnier.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
Chain isn't horror. It is moody as it is a detective story.

Divi-dead is horror.

Critical Point is almost horror, on certain story lines. Almost.

Desire could be considered Horror as well.
quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
Brave Soul is a great RPG. However, you missed out on another RPG. There was Megatech's Knights of Xentar. Low hentai, fun game. Indeed, AIR, I enjoyed the "PG-13" cut more then the "NA-17" version. It was funnier. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

There were several H-RPGs released in English:

Brave Soul
Cobra Misson
Knights of Xentar (Dragon Knight 3)
Mad Paradox

BS is the only one to be released recently however.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-10-2005).]

If Himeya had translated more CS’Ware bgames, we could to have much more horror & mistery games like for instance VIST, HEART & BLADE, CHIRU HANA, LUV WAVE and RE-LEAF. I hope someday they decide to release any new game.

Oh, and we can hope maybe someday Hirameki decide to translate other Nitro+ games, like DEMONBANE and VJEDOGONIA.

Mmmmmm, Heart & Blade…

I remember downloading pdf files from that game, some exceeding 5mb or so… In fact i completely stripped the site from anything downloadable… I would really like to see that one in english…

(and Chiru Hana and Re-Leaf and others too ofcourse)

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-10-2005).]

That’s Type-Moon. Actually, there’s a group doing a fan translation of Tsukihime as we speak. Last I checked the project was at 50% and making progress.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-11-2005).]