Horror games

Hmm…someone already has the scripts and stuff translated. It was a while ago whe i first bought Tsukihime, but I believe the sites still alive. I’m not sure if he every did fate/stay night though.

Well, here’s the progress at the site I mentioned.

Tsukihime translation:

Overall Completion: 60.65%
Translated: 45.73%
Proofed: 14.02%
Inserted: 0.9%
Incomplete: 39.35%

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-11-2005).]

Tsukihime this, Tsukihime that… I hardly come by a topic where ppl are not talking about it. What’s so damn special about this Tsukihime? There’s plenty of anime coming out these days, but no, Tsukihime is THE anime…
Oh and why waist time on fan translations, if this show is so popular it’s only a matter of time before the comics get translated by Tokyop or Viz or something.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-13-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
[B]Tsukihime this, Tsukihime that... I hardly come by a topic where ppl are not talking about it. What's so damn special about this Tsukihime? There's plenty of anime coming out these days, but no, Tsukihime is THE anime...
Oh and why waist time on fan translations, if this show is so popular it's only a matter of time before the comics get translated by Tokyop or Viz or something.
Just as long as its not 4kids...i still don't see how they got the rights to ruin One Piece...
quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
Just as long as its not 4kids...i still don't see how they got the rights to ruin One Piece...

I didn't knew that.... u just ruined my day...
thanks god, if a dvd is out, they always have dual audio with english subs... (even so, the subs are not that much...)

quote:
Tsukihime this, Tsukihime that... I hardly come by a topic where ppl are not talking about it. What's so damn special about this Tsukihime? There's plenty of anime coming out these days, but no, Tsukihime is THE anime...
Oh and why waist time on fan translations, if this show is so popular it's only a matter of time before the comics get translated by Tokyop or Viz or something.

Actually, we're talking about Tsukihime BGAME, not ANIME. The original doujin bishoujo game for adults Tsukihime is very better than the anime version.

Please don't take me wrong. I loved the anime version; but the original story is far better... almost incomparable.

The original story with all the subscenarios and different stories is so rich they said it's more than 3000 pages worth of story. Hey, that's even more than LORD OF THE RINGS! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
Actually, we're talking about Tsukihime BGAME, not ANIME. The original doujin bishoujo game for adults Tsukihime is very better than the anime version.

Please don't take me wrong. I loved the anime version; but the original story is far better... almost incomparable.

The original story with all the subscenarios and different stories is so rich they said it's more than 3000 pages worth of story. Hey, that's even more than LORD OF THE RINGS! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

actually, comparations with LOTR really pisses me off... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] i'm too much of a fan to accept it without getting pissed...

... dont care about me... i'm just another crazy guy...

------------------
"The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.
Do not fear, because we are like the flowers,

We did not step off."

He’s comparing quantity, not quality. He’s just using LOTR as a well known reference point. Quantity is perfectly objective, after all.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-13-2005).]

Ow the game… sure, but it’s still Tsukihime this and Tsukihime that, like it’s the Akira of Bishoujo games. C’mon guys, as if it’s the only good B-game… Ow i don’t mean to say Tsukihime sucks, i just find it strange everybody’s talking about it while it’s just another game of 100’s to be released in Japan. Perhaps ppl talk about it cuz the anime looks nice and you all want the game cuz of that.

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
thanks god, if a dvd is out, they always have dual audio with english subs... (even so, the subs are not that much...)
I hate to ruin this day as well, but atleast legally in the US you'll only find the dubbed version as 4kids does a lot of scene editing, including (but not limited to) cutting, swapping, splicing, merging. And they bought exlcusive rights to the anime, so no one in the US can produce a subtitled version that isn't edited legally.

4kids stated purpose is to americanize the anime they get and to make it 'palletable' to the widest audiance possible, thus no subs.

They aren't as bad as they used to be. Likely because they got their license yanked when they edited Escaflowne from 26 episodes to 12. That really pissed off the Japanese producers.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 02-14-2005).]

i didnt knew that they edited escaflowne from 26 to 12… here it was aired with its 26 eps (nedless to say, the channel is called ‘Magic kids’ and here is very well known for ‘ripping’ the show they air (escenes missing, awful translations, etc… not even mention that because some internal problems, they just air ‘crap’ anime…)
the fact that 4kids get exlcusive rights is something that creeps me out with every anime they get… but once again… most of the animes from 4kids that get to be aired here, are ‘2nd hand’ anime (i.e: Bayblade, Digimons, Medabots, Sonic, and so…)

Back to ‘One Piece’: i never read the manga, but it’s said that its way better than the anime…

Now i’ll have nightmares about 4kids licensing Bleach and Naruto and airing them along with Pokemon or Inu Yasha (HOW MUCH I HATE THE LAST ONE!)

Escaflowne? We saw it on sub/dub DVDs, it didn’t seem chopped up… sure you don’t mean Card Captor Sakura, which I’m given to understand was absolutely butchered?

I hate IP confusion. Take Sailor Moon. It makes perfect sense that a few things had to be disposed of for a dub aimed at young american kids. (Like Chibi-Usa putting a gun to Usagi’s head!) Most of the messing around wasn’t too bad, some of it was worse than others, but in general the overall integrity of the series remains. Still, stuff is missing, and it’s pretty crappy if there’s no way for the older fans to get their hands on the real episodes legally…

if we get to disscus about ‘chopped’ ‘ripped’ animes i dont really think we are going to finish this quick… (another example: the ep in pokemon were Polygon apears, it never was aired -understable reasons though-)
Mmmmm… i think that the one that has the most aceptable censorship and cutting was Card captor sakura… even when it is way softer than the manga, it still has some ‘not to soft’ things on it… i remember clearly that one of the male chars in the manga said “I LOVE ‘name here’” talking about another MALE char (i think he was Sakura’s brother)
Once again, i DO believe that are some thing that need to be skiped to be shown to small kids but are some thing that are stupidly cutted…

------------------
“The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.

We did not step off.”

Manga is almost always better than Anime. Better art. Original illustrator. Eva looks better in Manga than Anime. Plus, Manga has more story, as in Eva. Anime is usually drawn by other animators, not the original artist. Plus Manga is usually not censored.

(oho, strike-man bites the dust again…)

Although there are exceptions. I like Get Backers better in Anime than Manga form. Although Kazuki looks just as cute in both versions…

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-14-2005).]

quote:
Manga is almost always better than Anime. Better art. Original illustrator. Eva looks better in Manga than Anime. Plus, manga has more story, as in Eva. Anime is alwys drawn by other animators, not the original artist. Manga is usually not censored.

I don't think you can objectively state such a generalization that "manga is almost always better than anime." It's all about one's tastes. I like anime. I find it more immersive, and I prefer vivid color to black-and-white. The music in anime adds poignance and mood that I find missing in manga. I do agree that the story can sometimes suffer in manga-to-anime conversions. But the same can be said for any conversions from a work's original form. Surely there's manga based on anime that lost something in the conversion as well?

quote:
Tsukihime this, Tsukihime that... I hardly come by a topic where ppl are not talking about it. What's so damn special about this Tsukihime? There's plenty of anime coming out these days, but no, Tsukihime is THE anime...

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-13-2005).]

There's actually a tsukihime manga, actually i believe there's 2 versions of it. Course who knows when it'll be relased here locally [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Besides what's being translated is the game which is totally different from the manga
quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I don't think you can objectively state such a generalization that "manga is almost always better than anime." It's all about one's tastes. I like anime. I find it more immersive, and I prefer vivid color to black-and-white. The music in anime adds poignance and mood that I find missing in manga. I do agree that the story can sometimes suffer in manga-to-anime conversions. But the same can be said for any conversions from a work's original form. Surely there's manga based on anime that lost something in the conversion as well?

I agree in that it all depends on one's taste, in fact, i always argue with a frind because he loves Anime and i love manga, so, basically, i have to refrain from spoiling to him all the things that he still haven't seen...
I like manga for 2 reasons, 1°, it allows me to keep my own pace on the reading and 2°, dont ask me why, i love to soom in/out the pictures [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] when they are Scanlations and luv having them on my bookshelves when i just have them...

------------------
"The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.

We did not step off."

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
There's actually a tsukihime manga, actually i believe there's 2 versions of it. Course who knows when it'll be relased here locally ;) Besides what's being translated is the game which is totally different from the manga

I believe the answer to this is "already", but I have yet to see the Tsukihime manga actually in a store for me to buy. So I'm not sure. But I do know someone picked it up. The anime's coming out already -- I have volume 1 :D

As for why it's awesome ... It just is. It's got the best writing of most recent anime (only a handful approach it, really, IMO).

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Escaflowne? We saw it on sub/dub DVDs, it didn't seem chopped up... sure you don't mean Card Captor Sakura, which I'm given to understand was absolutely butchered?
Yep. The episodes shown on Fox Kids (Fox owns 4kids) were definatly cut and edited. Taking out entire scenes, redoing episodes, combining several into one (i know cuz i watched it when it came out). It was pulled off the air when this was found out and the license was canceled. That's why the versions you get today aren't edited. From what i rememebr reading they even changed the ending as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
It really depends on the anime.

One Piece subbed is btter than the manga, howver the manga is far better than what 4kids has done to it.

I basically read manga from series i end up liking. I know for most its the other way around, but for me usually if i haven't watched it as an anime, it doesn't have the same impact.

And remember, there are anime, even popular ones, that come out first as an anime. Sometimes they never even make a manga version of it, or if they do, it tends not to be as good.