Horror games

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
Yep. The episodes shown on Fox Kids (Fox owns 4kids) were definatly cut and edited. Taking out entire scenes, redoing episodes, combining several into one (i know cuz i watched it when it came out). It was pulled off the air when this was found out and the license was canceled. That's why the versions you get today aren't edited. From what i rememebr reading they even changed the ending as well.

How do u 'REDO' an ep?
i dont know very well, but the here, the channel that aired it was Cartoon Network and as far as i remember, it was kept faithfull to the original anime...

BTW: Talking about editing, i still remember when 'Magic Kids' -a channel here- adquired the right to air South Park -we all know what south park is all about- without even watching their product 'BEFORE' adquiring it!
When they found out what South Park was all about -Take into consideration that this channel is already hated here because they Mutilate the animes they air-, they wanted to hang themselves, they sold the rights to 'Locomotion' -Another channel, but i think this one is also in some parts of Europe and UE if i'm not wrong...- who keeps airing it with the latest seasons.
Not too long ago, MTV started airing South Park also, in a block of animation -Aeon Flux, Ren & Stimpy, South Park, some more i dont remember-.

------------------
"The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.
Do not fear, because we are like the flowers,

We did not step off."

Yes, the only advantage of Anime is that it has colors and moving pictures. But story and art is, like i said, most of the time better in Manga. And didn’t i say that i like Get Backers better as Anime? I tried to keep that post as neutral as possible, i see i wasn’t successful.

I only saw a tiny bit of the real thing and I’ve never seen the dub, but I heard that the Cardcaptors dub cut out most of the series so that they could show only episodes that prominently featured the MALE character, because they thought a show about a little girl wouldn’t sell. they wanted the pokemon audience, so they needed the boy to be in charge.

Sailor Moon had to snip lots of gay bits as well. It’s sort of annoying (with the lesbians it wasn’t that explicit to begin with and the dub version actually makes it pervier if you pick up on the subtext - gay AND incestuous!) but it’s not that big a deal (with the effeminate gay male characters, rewriting them as women makes little difference, they weren’t really important characters anyway)

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
I only saw a tiny bit of the real thing and I've never seen the dub, but I heard that the Cardcaptors dub cut out *most of the series* so that they could show only episodes that prominently featured the MALE character, because they thought a show about a little girl wouldn't sell. they wanted the pokemon audience, so they needed the boy to be in charge.

Err...that's utterly ridiculous. You don't cut and splice a series to show only certain parts of it. It's one thing to censor out certain "unsavory" aspects. It's quite another to completely change the entire plotline...

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Err...that's utterly ridiculous. You don't cut and splice a series to show only certain parts of it. It's one thing to censor out certain "unsavory" aspects. It's quite another to completely change the entire plotline...

Exactly. And yet, that's exactly what they did. To what should have been no one's surprise, this evil plot failed miserably. The original uncut version outsold Cardcaptors so well that the uncut DVDs finished the show while Cardcaptors was cancelled.

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
How do u 'REDO' an ep?
i dont know very well, but the here, the channel that aired it was Cartoon Network and as far as i remember, it was kept faithfull to the original anime...

As i said, 4kids had its license pulled. Thus they cannot show that stripped down version anymore, anywhere in the world.